FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

North Texas KickOff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/12 at 12:17am
Anyone still interested in the Clinic give me a holler.  Two more folks got onboard last night.  It's going to make a difference...if you are thinking about improving this season, I recommend this as a jumping off point.

Duncs
512 426 1922
The man in the arena.
ROB EVANS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROB EVANS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/15/12 at 4:53am

What time does it start?

If Spencer Tyler is the gamma bomb of explosion, you and I are like single-serving flan cups in his lunchbox. Pasty, Jiggly, Delicious, but otherwise not very explosive. DUNCAN MCCALLUM
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/12 at 2:39am
0900.  Gonna be good times.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/12 at 3:18am

Just got all of our weights back; everything repainted and legal. 

Come set a record.
The man in the arena.
getyoukilt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getyoukilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/12 at 5:36am
How about if I just sound like a broken record....................
"     " - Harpo Marx
Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/12 at 6:28am
i am about to book a hotel near the venue. anyone else have success finding good deals?
Kyle Fuller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Fuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/12 at 5:27am
Will be great to finally be at a clinic where penicillin or methadone aren't involved. Clap

For the clinic, are kilts to be worn, or just workout attire?
"Spend energies on those who make you strong. Energy spent on weaklings drags you to doom." - Frank Herbert, Dune
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/12 at 7:18am

Sexy avatar Beech.

Kyle...workout attire is fine.  Fossil Ridge High School 0900.
The man in the arena.
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/12 at 7:34am
Fossil Ridge High School
4101 Thompson Road
Keller, TX 76244-6902
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/12 at 2:20pm
CLINIC was great.  Thanks for all that came out.  Everyone busted ass all day taking a ton of throws.  Excited for the Games tomorrow.
USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
Jim Glover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/12 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by MAT$O MAT$O wrote:

CLINIC was great.  Thanks for all that came out.  Everyone busted ass all day taking a ton of throws.  Excited for the Games tomorrow.

Truthiness.

Thanks to you and Andy for all the help today.  We had a blast.

"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
kgb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/12 at 2:05pm
Thanks to Mark, Duncan, and crew for a great games today!
Spencer hates me!
MAT$O View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT$O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/12 at 2:12pm
Thanks to everyone who came out.   great having a chance to throw with everyone and do a full game this early on.

USPlabs
Conquest Nutrition
SPORT KILT
Clevenger Sheaves

Training LAB ebook "Strength Training for The Highland Games
Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/12 at 2:46pm
duncan and the north texas heavies put on a hell of a games today. the field, the equipment and the entire production was a thrower's dream. i cant say thanks enough for making today so much fun!

also duncan's ravishing looks and hair live up to the hype. 

just sayin'
ROB EVANS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROB EVANS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/12 at 3:16pm
Great games thanks NTH my son and i enjoyed it.  
If Spencer Tyler is the gamma bomb of explosion, you and I are like single-serving flan cups in his lunchbox. Pasty, Jiggly, Delicious, but otherwise not very explosive. DUNCAN MCCALLUM
Andy Vincent View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/26/12 at 11:54pm
Great games as always guys!  Big thanks to Duncan, Irish, Greg, Scott, Drew, and everyone else that worked so hard to make this games great.
Kyle Fuller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Fuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 12:38am
NTH, thanks for putting on a well organized and fun games once again! Such a great atmosphere. Thanks to the Vincent brothers for such an informative and worthwhile clinic as well.
"Spend energies on those who make you strong. Energy spent on weaklings drags you to doom." - Frank Herbert, Dune
s00ner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s00ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 1:10am
Well worth the drive to attend, had a great time.  Definitely a thrower's game, looking forward to next year. Thanks NTH
Training to improve is nice... but I train to humiliate the competition. - Shelby Starnes
Styler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 1:12am
Never fails... One of the best all year!!! Thanks to the guys who made it happen
Spencer Tyler = Awesome!!!
big pur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 2:54am
Bravo NTH, Bravo.
This was my first games and because of the willingness of people to help me and the camaraderie, I will not only be back to this venue, but will strive to make it to many other games. Thank you all who helped me, too many to mention, or I just forgot your names already, ha, kidding. Great job!

Edited by big pur - 2/27/12 at 2:59am
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"~George Washington
verewulf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verewulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 6:57am
Thank you to all who put this together as always everything went smooth no matter what came up everyone helped. There was nothing lacking at this game except for my performance if anyone found the distance I lost could you please mail it back to me.Wink
The_Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 8:02am
Had a great time this weekend...feel like dog shit today but outstanding weekend none the less
Mark, dunc, and the rest of the NTH crew: great games ran smooth this is my second time throwing in FW and itll be a regular stop for me great atmosphere.
Matt and Andy: great clinic I feel like I got alot out of it and appreciate all the help I'd definitely come out for the clinic again
Spencer: good seeing you man and congrats on the huge LWFD and HWFD throws, and have a quick and speedy recovery on your grade 3 fat strain and for the record you don't look a pound over 320, and congrats on the engagement I'm happy for you bro.

Matt Thompson: congrats on your big weight PRs

Duncan: great getting to finally throw with you, you owned me in stones this weekend, wont happen again... Ever. I'm gonna go ahead and attribute my poor stone performance to the subtle hair flips and winks you were sending my way you sneaky bastard. And I want to give you a special thank you for introducing me to yuengling definitely changed my life

Had a blast had a great time throwing the A class this weekend is one of the funnest groups to be a part of look forward to seeing all y'all again soon.... And for the record mike beech might possibly be the next "most interesting man in the world"

"perfect is the enemy of good"
Big Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/27/12 at 9:11am
Any of you that are interested in throwing at the San Antonio Highland Games 3/31 and 4/1 Drop me a line at edcosner@hotmail.com so I can send you an entry form as the deadline is getting near!! 

Duncan and Mark do a great job running the games!! Excited to have Duncan return to San Antonio and sad that Mark can't make it but happy for the reason why!!!  
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getyoukilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/12 at 2:56am
"     " - Harpo Marx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getyoukilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/12 at 3:07am
Thanks to Mark , Duncan, John, Mark, and everyone else who made this game the best one ever. Sheaf towers up on the first try, nothing got broken, ( nothing we can't blame on the wind ) There were lots of PR's and field records, ( that must have been some clinic with the Vincents ) There was a clan tent present, growing ang growing. And thanks to the guys in the masters class who pushed me to throw 100% , it was AWESOME! 

And a million welcomes to the newest Cannon, congradulations !
"     " - Harpo Marx
JamesBullock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesBullock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/12 at 5:31am
Mark and Duncan put on a great games as usual. I am really glad that my first game as an A was at this game. Being able to compete with The Vincents, Spencer, Swamp Jesus, Dunc, and Murph was a blast. It was fun as hell...

Can't wait to throw with those guys again.

mthompson33 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mthompson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/28/12 at 5:44am
Thanks for the Props Murph!  Drive out of the back?  Who knew?  So that's how you're supposed to throw the weights?

Love me some NTH's these are great games and a better bunch of folks is not to be found.

Two FULL days of throwing this early in the season makes you feel "AWESOME" for a few days...  ("AWESOME" in a few places I didn't even know existed...)

Big Texas Sized Thanks to all the folks putting this on.  

Also a big thanks to Matt and Andy for going throw by throw with us all day on Saturday and trying to fix the mess that is my "technique" (and I use that term loosely).  Also a big thanks to Andy for the application of Equiblock that made me throwing on Sunday even possible...
Matt Thompson

"If you wake up and you're not in pain, you know you're dead." -- Russian Proverb
BillBingham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillBingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/12 at 9:44am
Thanks to everyone to helped with my 48 hour dive into Highland Games, especially the Vincent brothers for their class. I had a great time with everyone and looking forward to my next one.

Which games would be good for me to do around the end of April time? I figured that would let me competein Shamrock strongman on March 17th and then get some practice in.

Thanks again.
Bill
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/12 at 10:47am
San Antonio is the last weekend of March, and still open/ 
Scarby is April 21st
Thistle is April 28th
Arlington is May 5th

Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
Jim Glover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/01/12 at 12:12pm
Come to the Thistle Bill so you can see my smiling face.
"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic