Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sorinex Mighty Mitts Grip Contest at the Arnold
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Sorinex Mighty Mitts Grip Contest at the Arnold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Sorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorinex Mighty Mitts Grip Contest at the Arnold
    Posted: 12/28/11 at 5:27am
Knowing that within the athletes of the HG, there are some with freaky hand grip strength, I figured I would notify my HG brothers of this year's Arnold Sports Festival. (Dave Brown, Andy Vincent come to mind)

This will be the third year of the Mighty Mitts Grip Contest on the main stage of the Expo. This year we are proud to announce that the event is sponsored and run by Sorinex. This is quite an honor, and something we have been working on for years. Our goal is to get the best possible grip athletes competing on the same stage, for the most prize money possible. We want to make sure the athletes are taken care of, get maximum exposure, break records, and remain safe. If you are interested in being chosen as one of the 7 invitees, please email me ASAP, as we will be choosing athletes within the next month. Bert@sorinex.com

Some of the info about the event:

Sorinex Mighty Mitts 2012

Where – Main Expo Stage, Arnold Sports Festival, Columbus, Ohio

When – March 2,3 2012

Who – 7 Invited Grip Athletes, 1 “Dark Horse” Athlete (to qualify in Sorinex Mighty Mitts booth prior to event on March 2nd. (8 athletes total)

Athletes wishing to be invited must submit resumes, pictures and videos via email to Richard@sorinex.com for selection

Prize Money – At least $5,000 to be paid between 8 athletes, all places will receive money.

Top Winner will also receive opportunity of Team Sorinex 1 year competition sponsorship ($1500 value)

Travel – Each invited athlete will receive $300 each for travel expenses

Per Diem – Each invited athlete will receive $100 per competition day ($200 total)

Lodging – Each invited athlete will have a room reserved (double occupancy with another Sorinex Mighty Mitts competitor) at the Double tree Suites during the competition.

Events – Various forms of historically and functionally relevant grip items. May include – thick bar, pinching, wrist rolling, tearing, blobs, horn carry. Exact events to be announced.

We hope to see some HG folks apply or at least cheer some of these athlete on. 

In Strength and Throws,
Bert
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/11 at 3:52pm
very cool, wish I was at a level where I could compete in this.
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
chirolifter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/11 at 12:54pm
Bert, you gonna be there?  I may be there.  I have a couple lifters competing.  One competing in the Olympic trials which will be held there!!
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
Bert Sorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Sorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/02/12 at 8:19am
I will be there for sure. I will be the skinny kid on stage MC'ing. Time to hit the gym! lolol LOL

In Strength and Throws,
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic