FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Mike Nease

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
70theelder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/13 at 8:52pm

I gotta find a camera guy able to keep up with me. In the meantime:

sled pushes x 200 yds
jump rope x 200
vertimax
42 wob
Three sets of twenty ought to make you feel strong.
Adam Sizemore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Sizemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/13 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by chirolifter chirolifter wrote:

Mike, you need to put a video out..
Bulls functionality training...
Cut, chop, pick and dig...  Its all you need!!
You would sell millions...lol

To add to this Mark Rippetoe says there's nothing more functional than a 600lbs deadlift except a 700lbs deadlift.
@Sizemore48
chirolifter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/13 at 9:34am
Mike, you need to put a video out..
Bulls functionality training...
Cut, chop, pick and dig...  Its all you need!!
You would sell millions...lol
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/13 at 8:37am
Originally posted by M-BAAB M-BAAB wrote:

The old bull shakes off the dirt and dust of winter.

Some Bulls hibernate.

2/24
Sawed 500+ board feet of pine lumber
flipped and turned 12' logs with a peavy
loaded one log onto mill by hand just to see if I could
12' X 8" diameter
Good day
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/13 at 10:40am
The old bull shakes off the dirt and dust of winter.

51 , 72 and 15 at 50

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/13 at 6:42pm
Deads
425x16
fronts
225x6
275x6
315x6
Reverse hyper s/s w power runner
3x10 on each

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/20/13 at 1:13pm
2/19/13
squats
bulgarian deads
K-bell snatches
2/20/13
later today
rumble roller
sled
vertimax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/13 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by ernie ernie wrote:

Mike where is your weight usually? In the range it is now...? What is the heaviest you have been?
This is about where I stay. Too heavy to move quickly. I have been 374 at my peak. Would like to cut it a little just love food too much.
Todays lifts
Deads
Front squats
Then super setted reverse hyper with power runner
nice finisher
ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/16/13 at 12:24pm
Mike where is your weight usually? In the range it is now...? What is the heaviest you have been?
Philippians 4:13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/15/13 at 9:29pm
Training is going nicely. Now, just too lazy to post. Body weight is down to 355.8, I have abs....somewhere. Broke out the vertimax this week gonna hit this weekly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/04/13 at 9:11pm
Training is ok nothing noteworthy.  However, my garage gym is coming together nicely.  Now to get off my butt and use it.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/12 at 12:08pm
You can get prowlers for like $125 from several places.  Hell, I think Dick's Sporting Goods even sells them now.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/12 at 11:26am
Maryville, Myles.  Cannot wait.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/12 at 11:26am
Because we hate you soooo much Mike Baab.  Mike, I am cheap so i bought two of the 80's versions on EBAY for $65. I then went to TSC and bought me a 50 foot rope and now i have a speed system.  As for the Prowler, look at this site.  I just found it recently and they are located in Texas.  They got cool toys. http://www.tritonequipped.com/  Or you could just lay on the couch and eat tater chips, you are getting rather mature.  Much love, lets hook up this year if at all possible.
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/12 at 10:24am
Hey Mike - I love Exergenies but haven't used one in years......ok decades.
Went to the website - do you have the speed training system ?
Suggestions?
I also want a prowler - where get and $ ?
thanks!
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/12 at 10:16am
HEY!Confused

Why are my ears burning ?Evil Smile
51 , 72 and 15 at 50
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/12 at 9:24am
Grunt and cuss the athletic types.  Why I am always so comfortable hanging with you Mike.  Miss you brother.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/12 at 7:45am
Training has involved (gasp) some mobility work and GPP.  I actually did tweak something deep in my butt in the video.  Hurts to stand walk or sit.  The rumble roller makes it sing.  Craig I need you to voodoo floss my left glute.  Not sure how that will work.  In the meantime I have am pushing prowler and doing pulls with an Exergenie.  Got the idea from a video posted by Odd Haugen on Facebook.  I bought a couple used exergenies on Ebay.  I left the original rope in one and put a fifty footer on the other one.  Used it on my football boys the other day in conjunction with the prowler and they said the exergenie pull was worse.  I will try to post some video later. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/12 at 7:36am
Rob, pretty much a done deal that I am certifiable.  The badass part, not so much.  I would love to meet up with yau a a games this year.  I like to hang out with fellow grunters and cuss the athletic types. 
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/12 at 1:23pm
I would, too, like to pull 800 again this coming year.  Good luck Mike.  You are a certifiable badass.  Hope to meet you at a Games this coming season.
www.sportkilt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70theelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/12 at 12:57pm
Gentlemen, Most of what you are saying did happen in a previous life.  However, I have never pulled 900 from the floor even for a single. I am hoping to pull 800 again this year just for S & G's.  We will see.  Rob I would love to try the silver dollar dl.  Just for the cool factor.  Until then I am going to pick stuff up and set it back down.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 11:05am
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

I remember the switch to that bar in St. Louis, and I remember people not being happy that it was so whippy...especially the former record holders.

Haha. Well, I am one of those who think that NAS should have kept separate records for 18" DL and SDDL. They are two different lifts.

p.s. Craig wins at the internet! That 1145 picture is awesome!!
www.sportkilt.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 11:03am
Holy shit. 1015# off real boxes is crazy. I think my best is like 950-ish. He would have been good for a lot (1100+) using the real SDDL boxes.
www.sportkilt.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 11:01am
1145lbs 18" with an Okie bar (demo at NOTLD):

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 11:00am
I remember the switch to that bar in St. Louis, and I remember people not being happy that it was so whippy...especially the former record holders.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 10:59am
Indeed.

Oh, here's his 1015 record pull from 2004. I'm good at the internet.

It was the NAS 18" record.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 10:58am
Thanks Craig. That is in-freaking-credible pulling. I knew he was a monster puller...

You are probably right about his record. I set a NAS record (tied with 2 other guys) in 2006 in St. Louis with a 1040# pull iirc, but we did use a flimsy bar. I never did like that we used such a whippy bar.

When I pulled 1055# in 2008, I was already pro so I did it as a demo against the legendary Ken Brown (Silver dollar DL world record holder). The bar we used was a much stiffer bar than we used in 2006, so I feel my pull was much more legit then.

Ken went 1125# that day. Best part was Ken whispered to me "You'll take this from me one day". Well, maybe not anymore, but at one point, I may have!
www.sportkilt.com
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 10:53am
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

There's also rumor of a 900 triple from the floor.

O_o

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 10:46am
He's probably not going to brag about himself Rob, so I will for him.

He pulled a 1015lbs "silver dollar" deadlift in 2004 (was the NAS record iirc), back when they used the really stiff bar and before pulling over a grand was cool.

If I'm not mistaken he then pulled an 1145lbs 18" deadlift in 2006 at NOTLD.    

He's also pulled 866lbs in a meet in 2005.

There's also rumor of a 900 triple from the floor.

Dude can pull.    
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/12 at 10:20am
Awesome!

I love it that Mike does a near 800# with no straps. That is some nice grip power too!

Hey Mike, find a NAS contest with real Silver Dollar boxes and you will hit 1050-1100#. I did a 900x2 off of boxes back in 2008 (and had more in the tank) and then hit a 1055# using a real setup.
www.sportkilt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic