FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: Nathan Parker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 46>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/15 at 4:17pm
Deads

singles up to 555 PR

315x2x8 speed

HCB's 3x10

Maybe some hammers tonight or tomorrow.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:04pm
Deadlift is creeping up.  
...Josh
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/15 at 9:52pm
Good work on the PR, Nate!

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 10:56am
Has anyone ever told to that you look like Diamond Dallas Page?
...Josh
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

Has anyone ever told to that you look like Diamond Dallas Page?

Quick answer...No

However, after a quick google images search, I did have a good chuckle because I could see it.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 2:21pm
Put in "Diamond Dallas Page + Male Pattern Baldness" and see what you get.
...Josh
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 2:53pm
The fact that you had to google images of DDP makes me sad.

The fact that you pull a deadlift PR mid-season in July makes me happy.  Impressive. 

Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 3:35pm
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

The fact that you had to google images of DDP makes me sad.

The fact that you pull a deadlift PR mid-season in July makes me happy.  Impressive. 

1.  I know who he is lol.  I've actually met him before at the airport in Atlanta.  The search was because I sadly don't have his grill etched into my brain.

2.  Thanks for the DL compiment.  I still remember our convo from last year.

3.  this pic

Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/15 at 10:39pm
I am nearly always right.
...Josh
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/15 at 9:56pm
Nearly.

Squats

Singles up to 405

Shpeed doubles with 225 ATG. No box today.

Stayed away from jump rope and box jumps. I got out of bed yesterday with a pissed off Achilles. Right down where it attaches to the heel. Who knows what I did? Anyways it's not horrible. Probably just my requisite inflammation that moves from body part to body part. Lol.

If it's a concern Saturday then I won't be getting after any throws. If not, I hope for a PR or two.

I want 16' and 80' badly. A new Heavy hammer PR would be nice too.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 10:48am
I want to know why you clowns with bad wheels are always jumping/bouncing and then wondering why your bodies hurt :)

Sully, you, Duncan, just to name a few.

If you're north of 200#, I can think of tons of ways to get more "explosive" that don't involve that kind of a pounding :) Most of which begin and end with "throwing" :)

I am certain one Craig Smith would concur.

Nice squats and pulls, btw :)
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 11:06am
I searched, but there isn't even a .gif I could find that demonstrated how much I concur.  
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:04pm
I can't even squat without pain.

With that logic, if it hurts to do something, I might as well go full bore.

If I threw more than I did right now, I would probably retire soon. Last year I threw so much I got sick of it.

Also, google Craig Smith box jump pool..

Let's not pretend he's never done anything....... unconventional.   
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:13pm
I did it, yes.  Along with other silly tests and tricks (broad jumps, tire flips, etc...).  But.... 

I never trained to do it.

I never did any jump training/plyos in my 16 year HG career. 

The reason why?  I didn't need to....it was already taken care of.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:16pm
That being said, what I haven't seen from you guys that do that stuff is the metric you use to measure progress. 

How do you know they are helping? 

How do you know you are progressing?
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:23pm
I figure they're on the John Brenner program. 
...Josh
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 12:54pm
looooooooooool....I hope not, for their sake.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Sean Sean wrote:

I want to know why you clowns with bad wheels are always jumping/bouncing and then wondering why your bodies hurt :)

Sully, you, Duncan, just to name a few.

If you're north of 200#, I can think of tons of ways to get more "explosive" that don't involve that kind of a pounding :) Most of which begin and end with "throwing" :)

I am certain one Craig Smith would concur

Nice squats and pulls, btw :)

I have bad wheels? I wasn't aware of that.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:09pm
Ankle boy, what do you think is pissing that off? :)

Here's my one serious question: What exercises do you have that make you KNOW you're strong. I bet it's only a couple and I bet you know exactly what they are.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/15 at 6:37pm
Detroit

Kurt puts on a good one. Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great crowd. Crum was the judge. Frank S on the mic.

Spent the day at the zoo Friday with the family. Went to bed with an aching Achilles. Woke up completely pain free. Go figure. Game started at 8:30 and we were done by lunchtime. 5 events.

Open stone 18 lbs. I stood all three throws with a best of 49'. Didn't take extras.

LWD foul over trig, 79'6", 79'11". Took extras. All fouls. One was 81+ measured but touched the top of the trig. One inch PR lol. Still no 80' on my resume. FML.

LH I took a safe throw to 118'. Oblique was good to go, so amped up my next one. 123'. That's all we got. Shagger took it to the ribs and we had a 45 min delay as he was tended to. Good news is he escaped without anything major. Would've like 4 more throws, as I felt like a PR was coming. No worries though.

Caber. 12, 80, 1 decent stick. Should've been three turns

WOB 15' only one decent attempt at 16. Womp womp

All and all it was a good day. I'll be back next year to make sweet sweet $.

Thanks Kurt for having me, and Craig for the help getting in.

Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/15 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Sean Sean wrote:

Ankle boy, what do you think is pissing that off? :)

Here's my one serious question: What exercises do you have that make you KNOW you're strong. I bet it's only a couple and I bet you know exactly what they are.

Squat, DL, Bench, and sometimes push press :)

For the record. I do the jumps because I like them. Still got some high jumper in me I guess. Plus I'm stubborn. I have a thing I do every year in Jan or Feb. I go to the gym and dunk a basketball. Its been 20 years in a row. I've always said that the year I cant do that anymore is when I know I'm old.

This year I had my best one in years...

Benchy last night

up to 365x1

then 3x3 315

225x12x2
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/15 at 8:42pm
Dreads up to 545

315x3x6 speed

20 min treadmill before and after plus mobility work.

Throws tomorrow
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/15 at 9:49pm
push press

225x1
245x1
265x1
285x1
305x1

thought about 3 plates 305 was pretty easy, but opted not to.

205x2x8 speed

Feeling strong and fast. Squats tomorrow, then taper starts next week, or not. I dunno. Threw pretty well at Detroit on this current plan. Should I keep at it, or drop the weight? I am in new territory, as I am way stronger than I was at this time last year. MN is two weeks then Pleasanton.

I'm thinking singles up to 70-75% then speed? Thoughts?

Looking at you Nitro...
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/15 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Nathan Parker Nathan Parker wrote:

305 was pretty easy

Aim high. Stay hungry.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/15 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Nathan Parker Nathan Parker wrote:

Feeling strong and fast. Squats tomorrow, then taper starts next week, or not. I dunno. Threw pretty well at Detroit on this current plan. Should I keep at it, or drop the weight?

Your answer lies in your text.  If it ain't broke...
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/15 at 9:42am
Nice clean heavy singles, then go home.  Skip the speed training.  It doesn't exist.  At least not without some sort of measuring tool. 
...Josh
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/15 at 11:14am

Skip the speed training.  It doesn't exist.  At least not without some sort of measuring tool. 

This. Srs.

The difference in speed work with a tendo(or PF) vs "by feel" is unparalleled.

A buddy of mine posted a video if his friends 315x3 incline speed work this morning. It was about as fast as someone working up to a heavy triple. A strong incline no-doubt, but nowhere close to even .75m/s let alone 1m/s for true speed work.

Depending on what you're actually peaking for, I would keep the weight up until the week before. you want to throw big. Then just hit some snappy full body movements 3 days out. My best competitions have been throw sun/mon, lift/throw tues, ice bath wed, thurs with mobility work and some stationary bike on thurs. Otherwise, I've been known to squat and/or pull heavy 2-3 days prior to a comp, depding on when I'm trying to peak. It's high individualized imo, you just have to figure out what your body likes to do, and even that can change from time to time.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/15 at 1:10pm
Good stuff guys.

Singles up to what? 90%?

The speed stuff is kinda annoying anyways. Lol.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/15 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

Skip the speed training.  It doesn't exist.  At least not without some sort of measuring tool. 

This. Srs.

The difference in speed work with a tendo(or PF) vs "by feel" is unparalleled.

A buddy of mine posted a video if his friends 315x3 incline speed work this morning. It was about as fast as someone working up to a heavy triple. A strong incline no-doubt, but nowhere close to even .75m/s let alone 1m/s for true speed work.

Depending on what you're actually peaking for, I would keep the weight up until the week before. you want to throw big. Then just hit some snappy full body movements 3 days out. My best competitions have been throw sun/mon, lift/throw tues, ice bath wed, thurs with mobility work and some stationary bike on thurs. Otherwise, I've been known to squat and/or pull heavy 2-3 days prior to a comp, depding on when I'm trying to peak. It's high individualized imo, you just have to figure out what your body likes to do, and even that can change from time to time.

Sir, does this mean Ann-Margaret's not coming?
The man in the arena.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 46>
  Share Topic