FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: jp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/14 at 11:19am
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Sweeeeeetttt!   Good luck( not that u will need it) keep the nasga followers updated

Thanks SO much. I always appreciate your encouragement!!

12/3

Snatch and C&J at 50% plus 60 minutes of hot yoga. Tomorrow will be going through the warm up and Friday is rest. 

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/14 at 3:51pm
Sweeeeeetttt!   Good luck( not that u will need it) keep the nasga followers updated
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/14 at 1:26pm
12/2

Meet warm up to openers x2 (both openers felt soft so did them again.)

Snatch: 55kg
C&J: 75kg

Solid.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/14 at 3:54pm
12/1

Snatch: up to 1@~80% (52kg and actually did two because my first one was too slow.)

C&J: same (1@68kg)

Squat: Up to 1@100kg

What I lacked in protein the past four days I made up in wine. Back on track and will feel fine in another day or two but tracking food and no wine until after the meet. 

Also, kilts so much better than singlets. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/14 at 12:49pm
11/29

Work up to heavy snatch and clean&jerk.

Snatch: 
50, 55, 60, 65x, 60, 63x, 63x, 60 PS

C&J:
70, 75, 80 (made it but jerk was a bit soft), 81x, 75x (no clean. Just tired, last two days caught up to me. Get variables in check and should be fine.)

jp

p.s. traps. Ouchie. 

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/14 at 1:07pm
11/27

Snatch: Up to 5 on the minute at 45kg

PClean & Jerk: Up to 5 on the 90 second at 65 (last one at 70kg.) 

Lifts feeling better. Clean feeling strong, need to find the right grip on my snatch to be able to squeeze up better and feel stronger off the floor. One more heavy day on Saturday and then meet week.

the simpsons animated GIF

Happy Thanksgiving.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/14 at 2:27pm
11/26

60 minutes hot yoga

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/14 at 1:17pm
11/21

60 minutes hot yoga

11/24

Clean & Press: 8x3@15, 25, 25, 35, 35, 40, 45, 45

PC, PC&J x 2: 8@35, 35, 45, 45, 55, 55, Then PC, PC&Jx1@65, 75 
Need to work on big push with my legs, catch the bar lower, and stay on heels before the jerk

FS:
3@45, 55 
2@65
1@75, 85

Stopped there. We'll see how back feels tomorrow before going up any more. It's been over a year I think since I've done front squats and they tend to be ouchie on my back.

Also, went down a belt hook. YaBuddy!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/14 at 4:15pm
11/19

60 minutes hot yoga.

11/20

Snatch W/U: 3@35, 1@40, 45

Snatch Grip Deadlift: Up to 1@85

Jerk Supports:
Up to 1x5@225#

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/14 at 12:51pm
11/18

Snatch balance warm up

Snatch: 
2x4@35, 40
2x2@45, 50
2x1@55, 60

Clean & Jerk:
2x2@45, 55
4x1@65, 70, 75, 80xx (missed the clean twice. Just tired.)

Getting registered today for the Dec. 6th meet. Will postpone off season training until after. I need a total of 85kg to qualify for Master's Nationals which are full but if I can keep an eye out for the Pan American Masters in June, I can hopefully register for that. According to past results, I'd do pretty well.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/14 at 2:03pm
11/17

Last week of recovery, taking a bit of a deload and will Oly lift 2x plus add some jerk supports. 

Squat:
3x3@40

Press:
3x3@35

90 min. hot yoga (last 90 minute class. Yeah!!!!!!!!)

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/14 at 5:05pm
p.s. Found a meet. December 6th. If there's still room I'll register and treat it mostly as a training day. I'm rusty. Fingers crossed!!

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/14 at 4:36pm
11/14

60 min. hot yoga

11/15

PSnatch warm up; 3's@35, 40, 45

PClean: 2's@45, 50, 55 then singles @ 60, 65, 70, 75, 80

Need to find a meet.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 2:29pm
11/13

Bench:
Up to 3x8 @ 45

Deadlift:
Up to 3x1@90

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/14 at 2:22pm
11/12

60 min. hot yoga.

It was hot, hot enough that even the instructor would go and fan the door a few times. Hot.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Bill Boyd Bill Boyd wrote:

Juli, congrats on a good year. Does the hot yoga loosen you up much? Thinking about trying it out.

Do they allow you to put a gallon of cold water right next to you?

Thank you!!

Just two weeks of hot yoga has done wonders. Even after four or five sessions, I threw last week and moved so much better. I think yoga would do just as well but I wanted to sweat the toxins (read: wine/scotch/beer) out and I'm using it for fat loss also. My experience has been that you could get away with doing yoga once a week or so here and there to loosen up (which is better than nothing) but the hot yoga needs a 4 week or so commitment or else it's just hot and miserable...plus yoga. 

Oh, YES, you actually can bring a gallon of cold water in. Heh. I saw one girl bring in a Big Gulp cup of ice water in. Others bring in partly frozen water bottles because they heat up pretty quick. If you go, I'd recommend at least two frozen water bottles and an extra hand towel for the face. 

Hope that was helpful. Thanks again!!

jp

tosabarbell.com
Bill Boyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:53pm
Juli, congrats on a good year. Does the hot yoga loosen you up much? Thinking about trying it out.

Do they allow you to put a gallon of cold water right next to you?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:14pm
11/10

Squat:
Up to 3x8@55

Press:
Up to 3x8@30

90 min hot yoga

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/14 at 4:04pm
11/8

Bench:
Up to 3x8@40

Deadlift:
Up to 1x3@70, 75, 80

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/14 at 2:28pm
11/7

60 min. hot yoga

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/14 at 2:44pm
11/5

60 min. hot yoga

In celebration of Bonfire night and what is probably the last 50+ degree, dry day I'm agonna go throw. Stones, light weight, and light hammer. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/14 at 1:26pm
11/2

90 min hot yoga (memo to me: do NOT go into room 15 minutes before instructor. There is no extra credit in hot yoga, it's just F'n hot...longer.) 

11/3

Squat:
Up to 3x7@50kg

Press:
Up to 3x7@25kg

90 min hot yoga. (This will be the only week I go 4 times)

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/14 at 1:27pm
I'm taking 4 weeks for deload/recovery, just finishing up week 1.

On the food, I'm taking in considerably fewer calories but keeping my macros 40/30/30 or thereaboots. My body needs to get used to doing work with less food so I can finally shed some pounds. Week 1 has been very good. Down 6 pounds but will consider that mostly water with maybe a pound or two of good weight gone. Once a week (today) I'll "refuel" and up the calories again to what they were or slightly more. Not a cheat day, those don't work for me. Good food, just more of it. 

On training, I'll hit hot yoga at least three times a week and once off season training starts I'll keep it to 2x per week at the 60 min. class (sooooo much more fun than the 90.) My lifts will be very light but a little more volume each week, again, get used to doing work with fewer calories. 

We'll see how that goes. So far so good.

10/29

60 min. Hot Yoga

11/1

Snatch: 10@ 35kg. Wanted to work on some explosive lifts but kept it very light so recovery isn't an issue.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/14 at 2:31pm
10/28

Squat:
3x5@40kg

Press:
3x5@25kg

3x8@25kg
Bent over Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Press
Squat
Curlz

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/14 at 2:02pm
Bwahahaha Tom! Thank you!!Smile

10/27

~3 mile walk and hot yoga in about an hour. Time to stretch and sweat. I always say I look forward to it but then I do it and remember how awful it is. The nice thing about this studio is I can do a 60 minute once or twice a week instead of the full 90. 

But today, 90. Uffda.

jp

tosabarbell.com
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/14 at 9:09pm
Seven PRs! 

Artfully done lady.  Artfully done.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:56pm
10/25

Celtober Women's Team Challenge

Team Mana Nui FTW

Braemar: 27' some PR
Open: 33 11 1/2" PR
HH: 61' PR
LH: 82'4" PR
HWD (28#): 35'6"
LWD: 64'1 PR
Caber: 3x12:00 PR
WOB: 15' in extra's PR
Sheaf: 22'

7 PR's so pretty much a good final. Tied my sheaf PR of 22' and I'll take it. Up until 24' all my toss' were pretty solid. I hooked my first shot at 24', threw about 2 feet higher than the bar but in front on my second and hooked the 3rd. 

Hit 14' on WOB fine and hit the bar on each try of 15'. Took extra's and thanks to Michael Dickens, hit it on the 3rd just fine. 

Stone PR's are good. My 33' plus felt like I've wanted it to all along but still only got there once. 

Hammers are coming. Things clicking, especially for light.

Overall a very good day in that things are clicking. Throwing all day in the 90 degree Texas sun was almost as bad as throwing in the rain but not quite. Our team won which is the most important thing (TACS T-shirts for us!) and I took second overall to Olivia Tyler (who is as awesome as her throws.)

Special thanks to Spencer Tyler for giving me some pointers on what to practice this off season for the stones (and some laughs, he's kinda funny.) Thanks to Duncan for his advice in the caber, it worked. Thank you SO much to Brittney the Belle for her car service and taking such amazing care of all of us gals on Saturday and to the TCAA. I really think this is the most spoiled I've ever been in sport much less in the Games. Our judge Mark, our helpers Jeff and his girls. Chocolate milk and granola bars (too many granola bars really isn't a good idea later. Please learn from my mistakes.)

It was an amazing Games and we'll be back. 

For now, this week will be all about recovery and rest. I need to pay close attention as to what I've done the two weeks leading up to this Games to feel so good and throw so well when things start getting busy next season. Rest was disrespected. MyBad. Live and learn.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/14 at 12:19pm
10/22

Bench:
Up to 3x3@45kg

PC:
Up to 3x3@45 (just wanted to put some pep in my step without taxing the heel too much.)

Hammer drills

Little morning walk tomorrow, travel Friday. Feeling better than I have in a while. Ready for some fun on Sat.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/14 at 3:01pm
10/20

Pre-Games Throws. Usually on Tuesdays but the rain is coming in for the rest of the week. 

This was probably my best practice since July. Looking back, I had gotten away from just shooting for 80% during practice and relaxing. I started to panic and hold on to everything too tight. Today was awesome. Relaxed. Felt the movements and throws were on the money. Memo to me this weekend, relax. Stay loose. 

3 throws of each with minimal/games type warm up. Did some squats and presses before I left to warm up at home and avoid it in the cold. 

I'll train a little bit Tues and Wed and do a few more stone drills in the yard but feeling better than I have in months. Yeah.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/14 at 4:02pm
10/17

Blistery, gray day but got some toss' in.

Distance: 28 & 14. My first turn has become sloppy so tightened that back up. Trying to start a little higher so I can "get" low when needed. Meh. Nothing great but I'm glad the first turn is better.

Hammer: Just worked speed of turns and staying in place on the release. Had a few decent throws but overall just a meh day.

Meh.

jp

tosabarbell.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic