FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: jp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/24/15 at 7:55am
Puerto Rico... good plan.  Thumbs Up
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:05am
Right?!? Heh.

1/26

Squat: Up to 5x10@78kg
So long 10's. I don't want to see you for another year. True story.

Press: Up to 5x10@38
Ran out of time here. Did one set of 10 and then 4x5@40kg

I'm very thankful to SouthSide Bully for letting me hang and train. They were very good sessions. Truth be told; however; I've had my fill of public gyms for the year. Back home tomorrow.

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/15 at 2:05pm
1/28

60 minutes of hot yoga.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:15pm
1/29

Bench:
Up to 3x5@50

Deadlift (1 week): 
Up to 1x5@95

Snow Prowling: going easy on this since it's been months. 1 minute of steady walk with 20kg, 1 minute rest. 30 minutes total.

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:01pm
1/30

60 minutes hot yoga. Matted down right next to Darth Vader. Played the Darth march in my head for at least 1/2 of the time. Also thought of cake. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/31/15 at 3:46pm
1/31

30 minutes on treadmill, interval stylin'. 

Lat pull downs: 5x10@80

Tri-cep pull down thingy: 3x10@50

Hangin' at the Animal House today with the bigg guy. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 1:22pm
2/2

Press: Up to heavy single
60kg- PR. 

Totally stoked, I've been working on this for a year an a half. Missed it last year coming out of high volume and got it today. This makes me very happy. A strong strict press is happy.

Squat:
3x2@50kg

I'm going into a deload, probably for a few weeks. I've been struggling with inflammation and I'm concerned about the effects it's having on me systemically. I haven't felt good since my last deload in November. I want to feel that good again. Heh.

jp

tosabarbell.com
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 3:51pm
Conngratulations!  Any plans to go for 135lbs?  Then you can look cool (er) anywhere you go.
...Josh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

Conngratulations!  Any plans to go for 135lbs?  Then you can look cool (er) anywhere you go.

I don't train in pounds, that alone makes me cooler than most. 

Thanks though. I may try on Saturday to up it to 62kg, my 60 went up pretty good after one minor sticking point. But 60 has been my goal and I'm happy.

Seriously though, thank youTongue.

jp

tosabarbell.com
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Juli Peterson Juli Peterson wrote:

I don't train in pounds, that alone makes me cooler than most. 

Check out the big strength on Juli!  You a strong mother, that's right.... the metric system.

Aim high. Stay hungry.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 5:09pm
Well, allow ME to retort...

Alexeyev never trained in pounds either, but we all remember when he lifted 500 of them.
...Josh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

Well, allow ME to retort...

Alexeyev never trained in pounds either, but we all remember when he lifted 500 of them.

Well, I lulzed at Tom's post and also am very thankful for the props. It's a good lift and I'm proud of it.

Josh, Alexeev actually clean and pressed 230kg which equals 507 pounds. How do I know this? Because I am a big fan of the press and have been watching the video for years. Think it's a coincidence that I married one of the best pressers in the world? (I'm a lucky girl.)

No one who trains seriously cares how cool something looks, only that strength is expressed. I train seriously, and I hit a lift that is very good. Never mind that I'm a month out from 48. 

I can see why people hate NASGA.

jp

tosabarbell.com
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 5:25pm
Huh?
...Josh
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 9:58pm
Juli -- Josh was continuing my Samuel L. Jackson metric system scene with the line "allow me to retort" from Pulp Fiction.  There was no criticism aimed at you or your lift.

Hat tip to Mr. Roslik.

Apologies for the confusion to Ms. Peterson.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/02/15 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by TomLawrence TomLawrence wrote:

Juli -- Josh was continuing my Samuel L. Jackson metric system scene with the line "allow me to retort" from Pulp Fiction.  There was no criticism aimed at you or your lift.

Hat tip to Mr. Roslik.

Apologies for the confusion to Ms. Peterson.

Tom

No confusion, I've seen Pulp Fiction enough times that I could honestly quote the whole thing. It's one of my favorites. 

The criticism came when referencing that somehow 135# (presumably "two wheels" but who cares) is more impressive "looking" than 60kg. And then bringing in one of the greatest Clean & Press' of history as being 500# as some kind of exclamation point.

The Russian's lift was 230kg. Weightlifting numbers are kg, but we have to put pounds in parenthesis so the general public can understand the feat of strength since 2.2# per kg isn't well known here in 'merika. If you train in Kg you know that. 

My point was A. looking cool(er) has nothing to do with serious training and 2. bringing into reference one of the best lifts in history has absolutely nothing to do with me or my PR or my log. 

Obviously. 

jp

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/16 at 11:29am
A year plus later, I'm still training and throwing. I just competed in Nationals Masters weightlifting and did as good as I could but I have a lot of work to do with my lifts. I'm also working with Mike Westerling for help in my lifts and my programming to balance the weightlifting and the throwing to avoid driving myself into the ground by June (which I tend to do.)

I'm still writing too...sporadically. When the mood hits.

https://tosabarbell.com/2016/04/09/for-the-record/

jp

tosabarbell.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic