FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: Bill Waddell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/14 at 9:17am
Woooo! Bill W on the warpath! Nice throws, boss.
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/14 at 1:46pm
Nice work,Bill!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/14 at 11:44am
Lunch time practice

HWD started with the 62 for a few throws then 56 for 5 throws best 37+
LWD took about 8 throws still feeling good everything over 70 with a couple 73+ considering how sore I am and how slow I felt not bad..

LH took a few throws best out at 120+ 

rest then WOB tonight before dinner...

WOB went well hit 15 twice.

Edited by billw - 8/25/14 at 9:12pm
Sponsored by friends of Billw
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/14 at 8:35pm
8/30 Capital District games

Pro/am with Dave Barron, Roy Bogue, Hapy Mayer, and Jasen v Guinness

18# open stone - 42+ on last throw for 1st
Hwfd 38' 3" 1st really want to hit 40 just can't break that bearrier.
Lwfd 67+ think I got inched out but got to throw extras and hit 72' 8" not happy with the first three throws
Light hammer not very good at all 114' was my best took 2nd just felt crappy was hoping for a lot better
Caber- 1st place, I turned it on in caber first 2 throws both 12's 3rd was a 12:30 then on challenge caber first throw was a 10:30 or 11 adn on the 2nd I nailed a 12!
Sheaf 1st place, 32' with a 20lb bag went to 34' and I was real close on first 2 throws
Wob 14' 2nd - not happy with this I'm all over the bar at 15 and just not getting it right still working on my new form to help straighten out my trajectory.
had fun hanging out and having a few beers after the game with Hapy and Jasen see you guys soon.
Always have a great time at this game and they take care of the athletes thanks to everyone for another great games in Altamont.

Overall 1st
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/14 at 12:09pm
Light easy workout

OH Press barx10 , 95x10, 115x10, 135x10, 155x10

Deficit Dead Lift kept it real light haven't done these in a long time did 3x10 at 175lbs 

Will do some open stone and maybe sheaf later...
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 1:10pm
Part 1 of 3 for today

Warmed up with Braemar stone

Open Stone 8-10 throws all over 45 not bad working out a few things

---------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

LWD threw about 15-20 throws some good some not so

Sheaf not bad hit 32 easy went right to 37' 6" not today...

Edited by billw - 9/04/14 at 3:49pm
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 1:16pm
1 for 3?

EHREMEHGERD
The man in the arena.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 7:51pm
Part 3 for today

Squat 135x10 225x10 315x5

Bench 135x10 185x10 225x10

1min planks

Squat was hard after everything else today but that was the point.
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 8:11pm
ERMAHGERD, ERLERMPERC SHERT PERT
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/14 at 12:47pm
Loon Mtn

What can I say what a weekend!  Got there on Sat about 1 got to the field and first thing hopped in a truck with Kenny, Tony and Berby to grab some stones to hold the ladder for the sheaf toss.

Then watched some great throws by the pros and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson throw the 56 over the bar friggin awesome stuff fun day to actually get to sit back and watch..

Sun Morning:

Time to throw first was Braemar not that great I think 35+ second place
Open stone  fowled my first and sure was my best then back off and not even sure what I threw think it was only a 44+ again second
HWD didn't show up for this one think I got a 35+ second again
LWD not bad but not my best finished with a 71+  second again

At this point Duncan is kicking my ass he is throwing really good (he doesn't think so) but he is throwing great I knew I had to pull my head from my ass and lock down the caber
and I did just that first throw 11:45 followed by 2 12:00  after my first throw JVG steps up like a beast and drops a twelve  for 2nd then Carlton on his last throw get an 11:30 for 3rd great throws by both guys duncan has a little trouble ends up 4th doors are opening, going into WOB a very inconsistent event for me all I can think is all I want is 15' today and no matter how it goes I'll be happy and I got it highlight of my day and the first time this year I made 15 Duncan is nailing the bar at 15 and just gets no roll went for 15' 6" and came damn close.  On to the final event, sheaf just hoping I can pull it off went up clean until 34 or 35' 6 think it was 34' 6" know I can make this height both myself and Duncan are still in I was smashing the bar just not getting over we both miss all 3 and tie Duncan get the win on more first place finishes... WHAT A BATTLE! Awesome job Duncan had a blast was a bit upset with myself after that last throw so I noticed the bar was still set at same height so I grabbed my fork to another try and bam easily over the bar, oh well crowd liked it and got that out of my system.  Duncan great Job and I hope we get to share the field again someday also looking forward to training with you at some point now that your in New Hampshire, I think about an hour south.  On to strongman training
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/14 at 1:53pm
Well done Bill
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/17 at 8:56am
Wow I haven't posted on here since 2014! So lets get started.  Since the last post I got old and broken but I'm on the comeback trail and getting ready to compete at Quechee, I noticed one of my post on here I got my LWD PR at Quechee 76' 5" I can gurantee I won't be hitting that.  SO the arm is healed and getting used to throwing again and the Back is better than it's been in a long time but I'm finding my legs haven't got a lot weaker from not squatting and no deadlifting than I had thought so it is affecting my throwing although they seem to be getting strong pretty quick I have a ways to go.  So you ask what have I been doing mostly throwing now that I can I waas doing mostly upper body so that feels good and my form in the throws still needs more work to get the rust off but I'm really happy to be headed back onto the field, hope to see ya out there.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/17 at 8:57am
Very excited to hear about your Quechee comeback! I bet you'll surprise yourself a bit! 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/17 at 5:11pm
excited to be sharing the field with you on saturday Bill
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/17 at 5:14am
Woohoo!!!
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/17 at 8:16am
I'm super excited!! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend and to throw!  I'm glad we aren't doing hammers really not ready for that yet. 

So training stuff did my morning routine stretch then planks will be doing some reverse hypers before and after caber and may do a little sheaf practice. 
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/17 at 2:08pm
Lunch break throwing was caber went well felt good little rusty but pulled a 12 so can't really complain there.  Then WOB again nothing crazy got some good pulls getting the form back.  Feeling good about this weekend I don't have any expectations and just want to have a fun day on the field!
billw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/27/17 at 7:14pm
8/26 Quechee

First Game back since my back injury and first back since last October went great.

BS  31'+ (1st)
OS 41'+(1st)
HWD 42'+ (1st)
LWD 61'+(1st)
CABER 12:00, 12:15, 11:55 (1st)
WOB 16' (2nd)
SHEAF 31' (1st)

Feeling good still have a lot of work to do legs are getting stronger.  Really happy to be back out on the field.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic