Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Beards 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
The Conrad Dobler of the Highland Games

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beards 2013
    Posted: 9/06/13 at 3:59pm
It's almost that time of year. Plus we need to shame Jake for shaving his off this week.

Cheers,

Carlos

"Live free or die"
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/13 at 6:40pm
shit.. I just got punked.

Thanks Carlos.. lmao
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/13 at 3:49pm
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
MandyK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/13 at 6:45pm
Clap

Edited by MandyK - 10/28/13 at 4:00pm
Proudly sponsored by Fitmark Bags & Hydraulix. Take a look at the best pre-workout, LAUNCH @ http://hydraulix.refr.cc/X7F389H
http://fitmarkbags.com/
Jim Glover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 9:18am

I'm in.  

Not going to wuss out this year.  I'm coming for you Mike D!  Wink  And I'm going Craig Smith Rules early i.e. no trimming the mustache or shaping the beard.  And yes the stone has more hair than I do.  

"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:51am
A word came to me to describe Carlos's beard, while I was in the shower today!!

BIBLICAL

Thats some Moses stuff right there!!

Anyways.  I kept my beard so people could tell Sully and I apart this weekend....

"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:28pm

Nice try Tony, but your nose is straight... psshhh..

also, sweet Periodic table in the background. I used to love balancing equations in school..
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:43pm
Big talk Glover    Wacko
MandyK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:46pm
Jake- did you get your awesome shirt yet? Only 4 days left. :)
Proudly sponsored by Fitmark Bags & Hydraulix. Take a look at the best pre-workout, LAUNCH @ http://hydraulix.refr.cc/X7F389H
http://fitmarkbags.com/
West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:45pm
I wish I could grow a beard. I'm pretty sure my life would be nothing but pure awesomeness if I had one.
Drink to the fame of it, honor the name of it, The Tartan.
Lance Creed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by West West wrote:

I wish I could grow a beard. I'm pretty sure my life would be nothing but pure awesomeness if I had one.

I'm with you West. Every year I look at these posts and wish I could grow one to be one of the cool kids with facial hair.
jhbucy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/25/13 at 8:38pm
OK Scotfest Sheaf Toss
And still growing. That isn't grey you see, it's blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 4:24am

Originally posted by phatmiked phatmiked wrote:

Big talk Glover    Wacko

I'm a terrible thrower but an awesome smack talker.  

"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
bax7889 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bax7889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 9:53am

My starter kit.  Not sure how long I will keep it.  Looking for a new job and I know how much a clean shave is preferred.  Will never get rid of the goatee.
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 10:59am
My guy just picked up a new job as Intl Sales Mgr for a pretty shwank company here in Wisc with this beard...

Boss thinks the beard is cool. Wink

But he's only thrown for the Irish events day here in Waukesha earlier this month so I don't think that's enough to throw him in the contest. 

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 1:02pm
For a second there, I thought we might have our first woman entry.  LOL

Even cooler though is that your man is Matt Wanat.  I have known Matt for a long time.  We have competed together in ASC for a handful of years now.  Please tell him I said hey.  Been a long time since I saw him...maybe 2009?
www.sportkilt.com
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 1:30pm
I'll for sure pass along your greetings. It's pretty fun how Strongman and Highland Games are so interwoven. He's still at it, competing in Lithuania in a couple of weeks but is thinking of throwing next year a few times. 

Hopefully we'll see you at a games next year.

Cheers!

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/13 at 9:01pm
I say Big gets an entry.  I'm much better at growing a beard than I am at throwing and I'm sure he throws further than me.  
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/27/13 at 6:07am
The man in the arena.
jhbucy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhbucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/27/13 at 7:02am
Don't be jealous Duncan, you'll be able to grow a beard some day.
igrassie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igrassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/13 at 7:45pm
A stellar beard if I do say so
Yell loudly and carry a big stick...

Mike Beech View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/13 at 7:58pm
Made the call - I'm going beardless this year. Shame to cover up this masterpiece.
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/13 at 10:07pm
I'm glad Oklahoma liked my 2012 Pleasanton t-shirt design :-(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/13 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by Steve Conway Steve Conway wrote:

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/13 at 2:17pm
???
jhbucy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/13 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Mike Beech Mike Beech wrote:

Made the call - Still can't grow a beard this year. Shame I spent so much on rogaine.

Fixed it for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/13 at 4:11pm

???

It was a joke.  Now post a beard pic.

mthompson33 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mthompson33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/13 at 10:13pm

My apologies Steve.  I wish I had seen the 2012 Pleasanton shirt, then I would have told our shirt guy to go back to the drawing board instead of using it.  I could not for the life of me figure out why there was a poppy on the shirt...  Now it makes sense. 
Matt Thompson

"If you wake up and you're not in pain, you know you're dead." -- Russian Proverb
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/13 at 10:56pm
My apologies for not staying with the beard thread...although I have been growing out my goatee, no photo available.
big MAC View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big MAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/13 at 3:30am
Went down to a goatee for 3 weeks. Instantly regretted it. 1 week into beard now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic