FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Contrarian Approach to the Highland Games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/13 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by jhbucy jhbucy wrote:

Ordered, now to out throw the rest of the old farts!

Sorry there bud, I have already put the book and DVD drills to use. No soup for you!
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/13 at 2:00pm
Received the Book and DVD a couple days ago, I am on my 2nd time through both. I don't think the events can get broken down better than this. I know I have already found several things I need to correct and why I have had some of the issues I have had due to technique issues.

I can't wait for next year Thumbs Up
Eric Snow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Snow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/13 at 6:30pm
Everyone should get the video and book .... except any Master in my age group. You guys are doing great! Don't change a thing.
Snowman
Jim Glover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Glover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 4:25pm
Got mine a day earlier than the shipping/tracking predicted.  Can't wait to dig in.
"A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting with firearms." - Mameluke Chieftain Kurtbay
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 6:04pm
Mike and Mindy, great product thanks for making it- look forward to applying your principles (or the complete opposite) soon!
Megan Melham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megan Melham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 7:04pm
Hope mine shows up soon. Darn international shipping Confused
jhbucy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 9:09pm
Watched the video tonight, lots of excellent advice I shall be taking.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 9:24pm
Get a haircut Bucy.

For real for real.
The man in the arena.
jhbucy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jhbucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/13 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Get a haircut Bucy.

For real for real.
On it, as soon as you and Truffle-Shuffle grow a beard.
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/13 at 9:59am
Originally posted by jhbucy jhbucy wrote:

Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Get a haircut Bucy.

For real for real.
On it, as soon as you and Truffle-Shuffle grow a beard.

BOOM!
dl_buffy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dl_buffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/13 at 11:00am
"Try to stay away from processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, and cocaine."

LOL!!!  Implementing this right away, now I know what I was doing wrong this whole time...Big smile
---------
I have very few social interaction skills, so I just throw stuff instead.
Beau Fay View Drop Down
Call me Beauregard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/13 at 12:16pm
Great work, Mike and Mindy!  Tons of great concepts regarding every aspect of throws training.  A must read for throwers at every level!
"Some people like to go out dancing... other people like us, we gotta work." -Lou Reed
nesa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/13 at 11:13am
Just wanted to bump this thread...I ordered the book & DVD on Friday morning and it showed up Saturday afternoon. I haven't watched the DVD yet but read through the book. Excellent stuff here...just no nonsense, straight through the bull to what matters. Well done Mike & Mindy!
Erik
Proud member of "Team Fulsterkur"
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/13 at 10:37pm
Erik, you getting in to throwing again  Thumbs Up
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
nesa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/13 at 11:19am
Maybe Hapy...I've been catchin' the "throwing bug" again lately. It really is a good book and I just wanted to voice my opinion. Mike mentions being an athlete first which is something I think a lot of guys have lost. The old time throwers did any athletic event that was available...throwing, running, wrestling, stone lifting, you name it and they did it. Being able to deadlift 700+ means nothing if you're not athletic enough to play ball with your kids. Mike and Mindy have put together a no nonsense approach and I think we can all learn something from that.
Proud member of "Team Fulsterkur"
mcdonl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcdonl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/13 at 12:16pm
Erik, great words of wisdom. 
Leroy McDonough
Adam Sizemore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Sizemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/13 at 9:19am
Just finished the DVD and starting the book. Awesome stuff.
@Sizemore48
J Alabama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Alabama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/13 at 12:32pm
I've seen Myles do the South African the last time I got to throw with him. I knew this must be good stuff. I just ordered the book.  I can't wait. Thank you Mike for doing this.
Jason Irvin - Alabama Home Gym - no gym no problem.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/13 at 3:04pm
Just watched the Contrarian DVD.  It is total poop and I wouldn't advise anyone watch it . . .

Kidding.  I was just being contrarian.  See what I did there?

This is good stuff.  Well produced and to the point.  Mike and Mindy talk and walk through the basics and some advanced items in an easy to understand and digestible manner.  I highly recommend getting a copy.

I know there are some drills in here that I will be revisiting and drilling, drilling, drilling.  Got to get back to the basics like Rocky in Rocky III.  Eye of the tiger, baby.

Well done, Mindy and Mike!    Clap
mike pockoski View Drop Down

Top 10 in the USA - '09-'12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike pockoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/02/14 at 8:34am
thanks folks!
Adam Sizemore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Sizemore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/02/14 at 10:26am
Originally posted by mike pockoski mike pockoski wrote:

thanks folks!

Thank you sir.
@Sizemore48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic