Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Justin Blatnik

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/14/16 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

Whatcha shootin' for at the deadlift meet? 

Depending on how I feel through warmups, the plan is to take a shot at 550
JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/14/16 at 10:20pm
Pre-Season Week 3
Day 3 Thursday 1/14/16

Well...due to a pretty crazy work schedule Wednesday and then a longer than expected process of getting a new phone today (Thursday) I did not get a chance to throw nor get in accessory lifts. I'm just going to call it a "deload" to feel better about it lol. Need to get to throwing though. ASAP.

Power Snatch
50kg for 5 singles looking at bar speed. Best previous was 3.25m/s peak
SMOKED the second rep and hit 3.5m/s.
Other 4 averaged out at 2.99m/s (add that 2nd rep and average for all 5 was 3.09m/s peak)

Power Clean
Worked singles from 40kg to 95kg jumping ever 5 kilos. Was slow on these today :/
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/16 at 8:49am
550 is a nice, tasty number. Good luck man!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/15/16 at 7:32pm
Pre-Season Week 3
Day 4 Friday 1/15/16

1A) Overhead Press 15/12/10/8/6/3
2A) Flat DB Bench 1x5, 3x8
2B) Band Rear Delt Variations 4x15-20
3C) Axle Incline w/ Chain 31X0 Tempo 4x5

Short and sweet today. Solid day and weight on the Overhead is steadily still climbing. Took it easy and wanted to throw in some back but didn't with deadlift comp tomorrow. Excited to see how it goes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/16/16 at 6:02pm
Pre-Season Week 3
Day 5 Saturday 1/16/16 Mini-Deadlift Meet

Deads - Went 3 for 3 hitting 495, 525, and 550 for a "current PR". Felt really solid and smooth with a mixed grip which I have struggled with windmilling due to not being used to it. Going to stick with my straps For pulls and then start working on hook grip pulls. Gotta thank @bighousepower Coach Joe Kenn for signing me up and he along with @bnenaber for the support. #gopanthers
Jeremy Robinson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/18/16 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by JustinBlatnik JustinBlatnik wrote:

Pre-Season Week 3
Day 3 Thursday 1/14/16

Power Snatch
Other 4 averaged out at 2.99m/s (add that 2nd rep and average for all 5 was 3.09m/s peak)

I thought you said you were slow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/19/16 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Jeremy Robinson Jeremy Robinson wrote:

Pre-Season Week 3
Day 3 Thursday 1/14/16

Power Snatch

I thought you said you were slow!

I AM! On my cleans that is...I am however a bit skeptical of these actual speeds though the "Iron Path Pro" App. Check out my post below and you will see what I mean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/19/16 at 12:53pm
Preseason Week 4
Day 1 Sunday 1/17/16

1A) DB Incline Press 4x25
1B) Band Face Pull 4x25
2A) Skullcrushers - light 4x15 elbows didn't like these too much
2B) Fat Bar Curls 4x10
3A) TRX Overhead Tricep Extension 4x15
3B) DB Incline Hammer Curl 4x15
4A) DB Curl w/ Fat Gripz 4x15
4B) Band Tricep Pushdowns 4x25
4C) DB Lateral Raise 4x25

Abs - 25 hanging leg raises, 25 SB crunches, 25 KB side bends
- super light on everything here today. Just getting in extra work moving. New ideas. Cool.

Preseason Week 4
Day 2 Monday 1/18/16

Throw Session - YAY!
8 Stand Throws w/ 16lb shot - not bad, avg. around 35' with a step over on the last one at 38'
10ish (maybe 11-12) LWFD full throws - meh, low 50s. Strap wouldn't let go in the beginning so yanked a bunch to the left and then couldn't hold onto it when I switched to hook grip so they all came out early and went right. Not too frustrated though, went LW instead of HW to not beat myself up for squats later and it being the first day back at it.

LIFT:
1A) Power Snatch - 5 reps at 80kg, avg. peak velocity of 2.62m/s, best at 3.18m/s
- I am a little skeptical of the 3.18 however, as it doesn't seem that much faster than the others. I am only using a $4 app called "Iron Path Pro" that tracks bar path and measures speed, so I take it with a grain of salt. Solid day on the snatches.

2A) SSB Box Squats 15/12/10/8/6/3/ OTS 1/1/1
2B) TKE's x a billion
- Was struggling through the squats until the last set of 3, crushed it and said screw it and went with some Off The Script Singles, which ended at a 45lb PR of 450. Was some of the most fun I have had squatting in probably a year. Knees hurt, but oh well, switching to a speed block which will lighten all my overall loads allowing for my knee pain to chill out leading into the start of the season.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/19/16 at 7:25pm
Preseason Week 4
Day 3 Tuesday 1/19/16

Morning Throws:
Middle Spin Drill w/ 16lb shot x8
- no measurements as just working positions. Found out quick how beat up I am from squats.
McKim Hammer Drill x5 w/ 22lb
H. Hammer full throws x5, 75-80'
L. Hammer full throws x5, 92-95', last at 100'
- hammer felt pretty solid today. No tacky and weird gloves (it was cold) made grip interesting so throw on some tack and lose the gloves and this will pick up nicely. Biggest thing was getting back used to winds as it has been a while.

Night Lift:
1A) Pullups 10x2
2A) TKE's 4x25/leg
2B) Band Leg Curls 4x25
3A) Bench Press up to 275x10
4A) Slingshot "closer grip" Bench 275 2x10
4B) Band Pullaparts 3x15
4C) DB Shoulder External Rotation 3x15/arm
Conditioning: 5 sets
20 Sledgehammer Swings on Tire
200m Row

Great day today. Lots of recovery work last night has the knee pain very manageable today. Throwing was rough on the body but getting the itch back. Easy smooth lift too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:10pm
Preseason Week 4
Day 4 Thursday 1/21/16

Full MSA Throws w/ 16lb shot
- Took about 15-20 total throws including warmups. Messed around with a few things at the start too, but ended with my last 8 throws 38+ and one right at 40'. Happy with the groove/consistency that I got into there at the end. Great first session of full throws this year.

Power Cleans 8 singles at 100kg, speed range from 1.78-2.15m/s, avg 1.97m/s, 3 total over 2.0m/s
- lifting for speed has been an interesting adjustment. Can't wait to see where I end up in a month or 3 with this.
Leg Press 4x25 light.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/23/16 at 7:22pm
Preseason Week 4
Day 5 Friday 1/22/16

1A) Strict OHP 15/12/10/8/5/3
2A) Banded Lateral Raise 4x15
2B) DB Seated OHP 4x8
3A) TRX FacePull 3x10
3B) DB Bentover Rear Delt Raise 3x15
3C) Banded Pullapart 3x15
4A) DB External Rotation 2x15
4B) DB Lateral Raise 2x max
4C) Band Pushdown 2x25
Conditioning Circuit: 5x through
20 sledgehammer swings
200m row

Preseason Week 4
Day 6 Saturday 1/23/16

4x25 TKE's
Power Snatch 8 singles at 85kg, average peak velocity 2.41m/s, best 2.67m/s
Sumo Speed Pulls 10x2 EMOM 160kg
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/25/16 at 7:34am
Yeah, I get what you mean about not really being sure about the velocities from the Apps. It seems like even if it weren't real accurate it would still be pretty precise. I think I may know a way to test these apps without access to a tendo (we could just ask Dr. Becker to compare them for us). I'll let you know as soon as I get that worked out :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/25/16 at 7:55am
Okay, if you really want to know how reliable those numbers are, then the next time you get a chance, take a video of a heavy bumper plate dropping to the floor from a 4ft height (from bottom edge to floor). Trim the video down to JUST where it makes contact with the floor and the moment it leaves your hand. The peak velocity should be around -4.89m/s. If Iron Path doesn't give you a peak speed ( I don't know if it measures in the negative direction) then just flip the video clip before you analyze it. I would do it several times to see what the precision of the app is. So if the App does turn out to be very precise, but a bit off, we could just correct the numbers we get based on this calibration. Bam!
Or we could just ask Becker to use his tendo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/25/16 at 8:46am
I'll just prod Dr. B to test it. Numbers actually seem pretty accurate as I do have to continually trim the video to take out the dropping of the bar so that the peak numbers I get are actually my numbers and not gravity's. I noticed that if the bar leaves the screen it skews the numbers as well. It has taken some tinkering but like you said, it's seeming to be pretty precise even if it isn't "accurate". So from time to time I will get a crazy number and I am just going to throw those out (Ex: when I was hitting 80kg snatches my avg. for most was around 2.6m/s and one of them came back at 3.18 I threw it out until it becomes repeatable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/25/16 at 9:46pm
Preseason Week 5
Day 1 Monday 1/25/16

Prep: 2x
1A) AB Wheel x15
1B) Monster Walk
1C) Band Leg Curls x50
1D) Back Extensions x20

2A) Power Snatch, 6 singles at 60kg, best peak velocity 3.31m/s, average 3.16m/s
3A) SSB Speed Box Squats w/ 100lbs band tension at top, worked up singles, then 5x2 at set weight
 - had to work up to find where I wanted to be speed vs load wise. Bar weight + band tension fell in line with some previous data at a speed I liked (for now until I hear back from a few people comparing things) so shooting for over 1.5m/s peak velocity on these. Bar weight 59% with band setup adding 22% at top, which should match up to most "speed work" percentages found out there. This will be my only squats, and with them to a high as hell box, my knees didn't bother me much at all. I'll sacrifice depth right now for no knee pain and still getting to squat.

4A) Reverse Hyper 3x20
4B) TKEs 4x25/leg
4C) Standing Ab Wheel 2x5, welcome back to these.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/16 at 6:18am

4B) TKEs 4x25/leg

Against a band or over a roll?

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/16 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by TomLawrence TomLawrence wrote:

4B) TKEs 4x25/leg

Against a band or over a roll?

Tom

Against a band. High volume TKEs have really been a huge help with managing my patellar tendonitis pain. That and tons of quad smashing.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/26/16 at 1:42pm
Thanks.  My son, Duncan, does them and we are always looking for variations to help him work on locking out his knee for stability.  He also gets patellar inflammation from time to time just due to overwork.  Based on your experience, my instinct to try TKEs against a band sounds plausible.  I'll mention it to his PT team.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/16 at 10:12pm
Preseason Week 5
Day 2 Wednesday 1/27/16

1A) Speed Bench
 - no idea how many sets, just worked up and down trying to find the loading and speed I want to work with. Lots of triples.
2A) Bench - normally going to do this before the "speed" work but had a brain fart.
 - 5 sets 10/8/5/3/1
3A) Axle Incline w/ chain 5x5
3B) Band Face Pulls 4x25
- Time didn't allow for this Tuesday and got this in late Wednesday. Didn't feel like doing any more work as I was hungry.

Preseason Week 5
Day 3 Thursday 1/28/16

1A) TKE's 2x35-50ish, didn't count, just did lots.
1B) Leg Press, 2 sets, same as above.
2A) Deads, worked up to 180kg with hook grip for the first time ever. Not too bad.
- then work sets of 8/6/4/2/1 with 440lbs, 460, 480, 500, 520
2B) Banded Vertical Jumps 5x3

Smoked. Was debating on making this day either an Olympic lift day or deadlift day so wasn't 100% menatlly focused on pulling heavy going into it. Sloooow grinder reps but getting the work in and got through them all, which I'm really happy about. Had clients so had to cut out more accessory but have some good training times planned this weekend to play catch-up. Ice bath and hot epsom salt bath followed this so I'm actually feeling pretty solid as I am writing this.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/16 at 6:54am
Impressive deads. Do you use a belt for band jumps?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/16 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Jeremy Robinson Jeremy Robinson wrote:

Impressive deads. Do you use a belt for band jumps?

Thanks Jeremy. One of my best raw deadlift days ever. Just stupid low grinders. Rough feeling today. For the jumps, I just loop some bands under some heavy dumbbells and criss-cross them up and over my shoulders. Kinda like a vertimax, but no belt. Stays on the shoulders fine and easy to get in and out of.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/16 at 2:17pm
Deadlift strength must be a Blatnik trait. I'm looking forward to trying the jumps. Need to improve my vertical.

Edited by Jeremy Robinson - 1/31/16 at 3:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/30/16 at 9:37pm
Preseason Week 5
Day 4 1/29/15

1A) DB Seated OHP 4x25
1B) Band Pullapart 4x15
2A) Push Press 5/5/5/3/1
3A) DB Laterals 2 sets
- pretty lazy day realistically.

Preseason Week 5
Day 5 1/30/15

Throws:
Stone - 6 fulls, great average today
HWFD - 5 1 turn, 5 2 turn, meh,
LWFD - 10 full throws, meh
Light Hammer - 6 throws. Much better hammer day
- felt good today considering being beat up from deads.

Lift:
1A) DB Incline 5x20
2A) Explosive Pull-ups 15x2 w/ 20lb vest
3A) 3" Deficit Snatch 10x1 @ 80kg EMOM (just about) then singles at 85 and 90kg.
4A) Ballistic GHR 3x6 - hold 15lb med ball on decent, then drop the ball and explode to the top
5A) BB Curls 3x10
- Great Day training. Got better today!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/01/16 at 1:49pm
Preseason Week 6
Day 1 2/1/16

Prep:
1A) Ab Wheel 2x10 10kg
1B) TKE's 2x25/leg
1C) Full ROM GHR 2x10
1D) 1min Row

2A) SSB High Box Speed Squats
- 10x2 with 100lbs band tension + 35lbs chain (I think that's how much the chain is)
- Added 20lbs on the last 3 sets as speed was still good. Cool to autoregulate how many sets I was going to do based off of peak velocity. Once it droped __%, I shut it down.

3A) Medley: 5 Tire Flips (500-ish lb tire) + 75' Farmers Carry w/ Trap Bar
 - 5 sets, jumping a 1 plate per side each set to finish with 495lb farmers.

* Fun day. Exciting to get out and do some strongman-ish training for the first time in a long while. Great weather too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/03/16 at 10:19pm
Preseason Week 6
Day 2 Tuesday 2/2/16

Throws:
6 Stand
6 Middle Spin
6 3-turn line drills with the LWFD
- everything today was to focus on the turning of my right foot. Didn't measure anything, but towards the end of the line drills something felt new/different in a good way!

Fast Upper Session

Prep:
DB Bench 4x25
Pullaparts 4x25

1A)Bench 10/8/5/3/1 top single at 325 easy peasy
1B) TRX Rows 5x10
2A) Speed Bench 10x3 w/ short monster mini + half chain
3A) Axle Incline 5x5 w/ full chain
-sped through this press workout before clients. Was an ok day. With the chains I have, they aren't full size and I'm never 100% on weight depending on the setup, so I normally just think it's either all of the chain sets that I have I use or half of the chain that I use. Simple is key.

Preseason Week 6
Day 3 Wednesday 2/3/15

"THE MILLIRON" Snatch Grip High Pull Immediately to Hip Snatch
- worked up and was successful at a mere 80kg and missed 90kg a few times. Just an odd transition that I'm not used to. I definitely feel like I could get more...but I'm no Jeff. He is a freak in a good kind of way doing this with 170kg. Can't fathom that. Wow.

Muscle Snatch - first time in forever, worked up to 80kg

8 Singles at 105kg in the Power Clean
- all 8 over 2.0m/s which was the goal for the day. Very consistent, best of 2.14m/s peak velocity. Have noticed a big difference in how I perform the Olympic lifts when I attmept them for peak velocity over just completion of the lift.

Static Band Leg Curl Hold 3x - saw Donnie Thompson video on it working knee stabilization so I tried it out. Ouchy hamstrings. Good stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/05/16 at 10:25am
Preseason Week 6
Day 4 Thursday 2/4/15

Had a rough time getting myself started today, and it showed in the lift.

1A) Seated DB Overhead 4x25 light
1B) Band Pullapart variation 4x25
2A) Strict OHP 5/5/5/5/5/2 - wanted 3 on last set but it wasn't even close
3A) DB Incline 4x20 moderate
3B) Band Lateral Raise 4x10/arm
3C) Eccentric Single Leg squats for patellar tendonosis rehab

HUGE deadlift session planned for Friday night. Gotta get my stuff together.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 9:42am
Preseason Week 6
Day 5 Friday 2/5/15

Deads 460x3, 480x2, 500x1, 520x1, 540x1
Rep Deads 315 for 50 total reps. 10,10,10,20. Last set was miserable. Ended up with exertion headache. Won't be doing that again.
- Was supposed to go 8/6/4/2/1 with my normal sets but it was just not going to happen this day. Happy to still hit the loads though. Time to shift away from slow and grindy to fast and smooth. The 315 for total reps was a challenge thrown out by a training partner and I got a bit anxious to combine the last 2 sets. Otherwise it may not have been all that bad. But ouchy.

Preseason Week 6
Day 6 Saturday 2/6/15

-did a good bit of coaching this day so just mixed in some pump stuff. Don't recall weights and/or reps.

DB Curls
DB Skullcrushers
Spider Curls
OH DB Tri Extension
Preacher Curls
TRX Tri Extension
Blah blah blah maybe some more stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 10:17pm
Preseason Week 7
Day 1 Monday 2/8/15

Throws:
1-turn HWFD x 10ish
2 turn HWFD x 6-8ish
Braemar x5
-didn't mark throws but it wasn't the best day. Happened to get super cold, windy, and rained as soon as I went to throw making it an oh so fun adventure. Video showing that 1) I just need to get this specific strength back. 2) right foot sucks bad at the finish. 3) Need to get around more.

Bunch of Random Warmup Stuff

SSB High Box Speed Squats
- 8x2 with 100lbs band tension + 100lbs chain
- once again tracking peak velocity and shut it down at a certain speed drop. Happy with how it felt/went today as it was as fast as last week.
- knees were a tad bothersome today after throwing so just finished the session with some rehab-type work and called it a day.
- weighed my chains at the end of the session to be surprised to find out they are heavier than I thought.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/09/16 at 1:22pm
Preseason Week 7
Day 2 Tuesday 2/9/16

Prep:
DB Incline Bench 2x40, 1x20
Pullaparts Variation 3x10

1A) Bench 10/8/5/3/1 top single at 335 like butta
1B) Facepull x some mixed in all the pressing
2A) Speed Bench 5x3 w/ short monster mini + 100lb chains, with adding chain, bar weight was down this week slightly but speed felt/went decent.
3A) Axle Incline + 100lbs chain 3x5, extra warmup sets of 5 here today to make up for drop in sets at working weight. These felt the best they have yet.
4A) Close Grip Neutral Pullups 4x5
4B) Chest Supported Rear Delt Raise 4x10
-things are feeling pretty good overall (knock on wood). Knees aren't as bad off today as I expected.

MSA Footwork. Had planned to throw today but apparently it decide to pour rain overnight and there are puddles everywhere. Footwork went well. Video shows that it IS possible for my right foot to turn. I think the biggest thing that will help me with that is really focusing on getting the left foot around and down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/16 at 9:33pm
Preseason Week 7
Day 3 Wednesday 2/10/16

Power Snatch - 8 singles at 85kg
- had a great speed day, with average peak velocity being 2.5m/s and 2.72m/s was best peak velocity today, up from 2.67m/s

Power Cleans - 5 singles at 110kg, shut it down after 2 consecutive under 2.0m/s
- average of the 5 peak velocities was at 2.02m/s, best peak velocity previously was 1.69m/s and today I hit 2.15m/s

GHR 4x10
Pullups 10x3 explosive w/ 20lb vest
Eccentric Single-Leg Squats on Slant Board (patellar tendonosis rehab)

Per Luke Crowley - finished with a protein shake and entire box of Coco Pebbles

Felt great training today. Not only is speed improving on the Olympic lifts but the higher volume at lighter weights lately has really helped my technique improve. Also confidence is way up without missing very many reps due to not pushing loads to max so often as I used to. Still sticking with powers as it is continuing to take added stress off my knees.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 24>
  Share Topic