Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Justin Blatnik

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/19/17 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Aaron George Aaron George wrote:

your face had an off day.

burn.

At least some of us share our training in a log on here...

Double burn
JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/24/17 at 2:26pm
7/17/17

Welp...I once again am behind about a week. Mostly because I was pissed off...as my low back "went out" again. It's obviously some sort of disc-related issue that leaves me leaning to the left significantly. This happened Monday night at practice with the effin 56 (cuz I need to stay a fatty apparently haha). Last throw and was about to move on and bam. Tweaked. Saw Chiro Tuesday morning for not too much relief and my PT Tuesday night helped me out tremendously with some dry needling and a few other things. Really diligent through the week on what PT gave me and saw her again Friday night for another round of treatment. Sunday morning I feel good as new (almost). Lots of little rehab work on Saturday seemed to help a lot. Cleared to feel out lifting starting today and continue large amounts of rehab work. Then we will see when I can get back to throwing (hopefully start of next week) to get in a little before Dublin Irish Fest
Aaron George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/17 at 6:53am
better heal that back up for the #hamchams!

Aaron George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/04/17 at 6:54am
Want me to post my training log huh?

Ok:

Past 6 months:

box squat inconsistently every other week.  sometimes not at all
bench press emom on the 3rd full moon of each 2nd tuesday
throw a shit ton
eat pie

the end 
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/05/17 at 10:36am
Aaron -- I watched you at Blairsville.  The pie is working.
Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:50pm
Well I have once again sucked at updating this thing since hurting my back...I will once again try to backlog some of it.

8/12/17

Shot Throws
8 Stands
12 Fulls - one of my best days in terms of consistency. Need this to transfer to games
42WFD - 10 throws. Very good day here.
28WFD - 8 throws. eh not quite as good as the 42. It was hot and I was tired. Need new gear from pushing the weight, not leaning and pulling. Work in progress. Maybe one day I will grow up and throw like a big boy.

Wedding to follow. Plenty of liquid carbs to stop catabolism ;)

8/13/17

Depth Jumps 5x2
Buffalo Bar Speed Box Squats to Box w/ Average Bands (that's a mouthful)
8-10 sets (got to talking so forgot). Decent speeds today. Still working my DIB cue from Jon Hereth

Clean Pulls 5x3 asc.

Tri-Set:
Pulcinella GMs 5x3 (thanks for the idea Chaz Fay! was looking for an accessory like this).
Strict OHP 5x5
Triple Broad Jump 5x3

8/14/17

20 mins forwards sled dragging

42lb WOB maybe 10-15 pulls at 16' (didn't count reps).

8/15/17

Standing Shot Throws x8
Full Throws x9 - finished with a decent series on last 3. Still waiting to pop a big throw out there.

Light Hammer
McKim/Betz drill x 4
Full Throws x10
- it was VERY humid. That's how my throws went. Just need to learn to find/control a new gear to find the next break through in distance (I think)

CharlesFay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesFay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 6:49pm
Glad you liked the Pulcinella good mornings, I'm hoping they help my WOB. I really enjoy reaching out to some of the greats of the sport like Pulcinella and Valenti to try and find out what worked for them. They are a great resource for training ideas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by CharlesFay CharlesFay wrote:

Glad you liked the Pulcinella good mornings, I'm hoping they help my WOB. I really enjoy reaching out to some of the greats of the sport like Pulcinella and Valenti to try and find out what worked for them. They are a great resource for training ideas.

Absolutely 100% agree. I saw the Pulcinella GM a couple years back and did them for a bit. Staying really light on them right now to be smart with my low back but like the speed I feel with them - and hoping they help the same thing for me haha.

8/15/17 Night lift

Snatch
Doubles up to 90kg
Single at 95kg

Clean and Jerks
up to 110kg
Cleans at 120 and 130kg

Front Squat  - doubles at 90, 110, 130, and 140kg

OH Squats - 5x5 40,50,60,70,80kg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/22/17 at 7:13am
8/16/17

I think this was an off day.

8/17/17

Threw something - can't remember, I think stone and weights?

Did a bunch of random "bodybuilding crap" for pretty much total body. Just worked for da pahmp.

8/18/17

Speed Deads 10x1 against monster minis

Squat w/Weight Releasers
up to a single at 385 w/ 50lbs on weight releasers

Snatch Grip High Pulls 5x3
supersetted with 5x3 Sheaf Toss

That was it for the day. Trying to be strong and explosive.

8/19/17 Hosted a Mental Kilter Workshop at the gym. This is a non-profit group for anyone struggling with substance abuse or alcohol issues, or any mental struggle at that.

8/20/17

Stone Throws x random
LWFD x maybe 10, quit when I started to get funky and didn't want to piss myself off.
Light Hammer x 10

25 mins sled draggin to be unfatty.

8/21/17

Depth Jumps 5x2
Buffalo Bar Speed Box Squats to Box w/ Average Bands (that's a mouthful)
8-10 sets -  Speeds were a bit all over today from 0.81m/s to .93m/s but let the speed dictate bar weight

Clean Pulls 5x3 asc.top set 170kg

Tri-Set:
Pulcinella GMs 5x3
Strict OHP 5x5
Triple Broad Jump 5x3

some different sled pushes and drags cuz I'm a fatty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/17 at 8:01pm

8/22/17

Snatch + 2 OHS

10kg jumps up to 80kg

Throws: Stands and fulls with different weight shots…until the rain came.

8/23/17

30 mins sled dragging

42WFD x 10

28 WFD x idk…until the rain came

Clean and Jerk Singles

70, 90, 100, 110, 120kg (soft on the jerk on the 120)

Clean Singles

125, 130, 135, 140kg

Front Squat Doubles

70kg, 110kg, 130kg

So apparently I have picked the exact time each day it decides to rain to go throw. Throw for about 30 minutes and then it rains…but only for about 30 mins, but enough of a thunderstorm that I have to pack it up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/17 at 8:49am
8/26/17 Greenhill Highland Games

Open Stone - 38'3" for 6th
56 HWFD - 29'7.5" for 6th
28 LWFD - 63' 8.5" for 6th
22# Hammer - 86'11" for 5th
16# Hammer -  108' for 4th I believe
Caber - 80deg, for 2nd
20lb Sheaf - 21' not sure in placing
56 WOB - 12' not sure
Overall 5th

Well...hope I got the crud out of the system. This was not a very good games for me all around as a whole. Just couldn't put it together today. Not sure why. Going to use it to add fuel to the fire.

8/27/17

42 WOB x some...until practice standard broke.

Power Snatch 8x2 60% EMOM

Power Clean + Power Jerk 15x1 60% EMOM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:21am
8/29/17

Threw 24 and 28 WFDs. Twice on this day. Didn't have a tape measure either time haha but it wasn't very good. 

8/30/17

Buffalo Bar Speed Box Squats to Box w/ Average Bands
Around 10 sets (lost count) -  A little lighter bar weight trying to keep speeds above 0.9m/s

Hurdle Hops x some x different variations (seated, depth, etc)

SSB Pulcinella GMs - different feel with the SSB than a straight bar. Forgot the weight, up to around 185lbs maybe?

Clean Pulls 5x3 120-160kg

Then Threw in the back of my gym in the gravel lot. Might tear up the weights but I had a bit of a lightbulb moment. FINALLY feeling somewhat of a push and not leaning/diving with my left shoulder to sprint. So I got after those a little bit in volume than planned. Not 100% effort either and really liked how far the throws were going without much "effort" felt.

AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 9:32am
What are you using to measure bar velocity?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/31/17 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by AndrewK51 AndrewK51 wrote:

What are you using to measure bar velocity?

Open Barbell V2.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/17 at 2:04pm
8/31

Power Snatch - bunch of singles up to 90kg

Power Clean - up to 5x1 at 120kg

9/1

25 min elliptical

Eat Biscuitville

Throws:
Stand and MSA Shot Puts
42lb weight for distance
28lb weight for distance
21lb weight for distance

Energy drink and Milky Way

SSB Box Squats against average bands - up to relatively heavy single
Speed Deads 10x1
GHR 3x8
Leg Extension and leg curls - light high reps

9/2
Shot Puts and Hammer Throws - wasn't feeling it today. Not a very good practice.

9/3 and 9/4 - about 1hr each day of various accessory and rehab movements.

9/5 off day because of my schedule.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/17 at 12:47pm
9/6

Power Clean - singles at 121-127kg jumping 1kg each set
BTN Push Press - doubles 90-100kg, 2kg jumps each set
Clean Pulls 3x3 150kg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/17 at 1:43pm
9/7 off

9/8
Big throws practice. Final tune-up before hurricane weather comes in.
16lb shot put, 42lb, 28lb, and 21lb weights for distance

and cleaned the gym

9/9
Snatch
SSB Squats

9/10
WOB x some
Sheaf x some
Random Stuff

9/11
Power Snatch - 90kg for 4x1
Belt Squat - 365 for 4x3, 315 for 4x3

DB RDL 2x10 w/ band
DB OHP 2x15

Just trying to feel smooth

9/12 Off/...well I think I had a rid come out in my back at about 11:00pm on my way to bed Tuesday night. Hopefully this gets worked out before this weekend. Spasms are taking breath away. Never felt it like this before. Crap. Writing this now on Wednesday it is a good bit better but this would make throwing very difficult. Calling my PT now haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/17 at 1:13pm
Alrighty, I suck again at updates. Need to have someone beat me if I don't do it...

So rested up and worked with PT and Chiro to get me into LW Nationals Weekend...

9/16/17 OK Scotfest aka LW Nationals

Braemar: 29'10", 8th...ugh. I suck at stones. Nothing else to say.

Open Stone: 28'2,5", 9th. UGH even bigger. Just missing it, considering I had a practice leading up to this games that at one point threw 4 throws over 42' in a row, which would have put me 4th in this event. Felt like a massive hole to dig out of.

42hwfd:43'4", 4th. Had my thumb stick on my second 2 throws and wish I had them back as this first one was kind of a safety. Think there is definitely something bigger here.

28lwfd: 60'1", 5th, Had a lot more in me here on this day. Fouled over the front on the first, this mark was my second, and I REALLY wish I had my third back but it once again stuck to the thumb.

22lb Hammer: 86'0.5", 3rd. This just was blah on the day. No speed/counter.

16lb Hammer: 103'9.5", same as the heavy hammer. Didn't help anyone that because we repeatedly broke hammers that they took foreverrrrr. Really struggling with hammer mojo lately and it showed today.

Sheaf: 30', for event win! Yay won something! Took 1 stab at 35'6" but def not there lol

42WOB: 16' for 4th, close to clearing 17' on my second attempt.

Caber: 2:45 BARELY, on a turn/no turn scoring. Should have done better. To be honest I was gassed.

Overall: 4th and qualified for World's in Hungary!!! This was a really exciting and fun trip and one of the bigger games I have competed in (especially with something on the line). It was nice to put together a good enough day. The group of guys throwing were great! Amazing trip and Brian Randall and crew were top notch in terms of service to the athletes. 

Motivated by never being out of the country - I am making the trip to Hungary. Thank you new credit card. So that is the focus for the next month!

7/18 - 7/22, just got back in the groove with things in terms of some light lifting and easy throws mixed in day to day. 

7/23 Hosted a Throwing Clinic. It went AMAZING. Had 13 athletes out an we got in tons of throws. Super rewarding and I will definitely be doing another one in the future.

7/24
Bench - 5x3
TRX Inverted Rows, Tris, Bis, Incline, Pullups

7/25
Clean Pulls 5x3 @ 130kg
GHR 3x8
Belt Squat 3x8
Braemar and Open Stone Throws...kinda sucked today :/
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/17 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by JustinBlatnik JustinBlatnik wrote:

7/18 - 7/22, just got back in the groove with things in terms of some light lifting and easy throws mixed in day to day. 

7/23 Hosted a Throwing Clinic. It went AMAZING. Had 13 athletes out an we got in tons of throws. Super rewarding and I will definitely be doing another one in the future.

7/24
Bench - 5x3
TRX Inverted Rows, Tris, Bis, Incline, Pullups

7/25
Clean Pulls 5x3 @ 130kg
GHR 3x8
Belt Squat 3x8
Braemar and Open Stone Throws...kinda sucked today :/

Yaaay it's July again! 

Also great work man! The switch to LW has suited you well!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/17 at 5:41pm
HAHA well I guess it's the 90 degree temps that have me guessing the dates wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/18 at 9:35am
Well once again I get this bad feeling for never updating my log. Quick updates since last year's LW Nationals:

Went to LW Worlds in Hungary. The trip was amazing. The vacation in Vienna, Austria and all through Italy was so amazing. Budapest was a cool city, and competing internationally was so much fun. This was also my first ever trip outside the US. Finished 3rd to round out a USA podium.

My gym, Strength Empire Gym, has exceeded expectations and is an amazing environment. Hosted a big Christmas Supertotal "meet" (unofficial) for charity and held a Pullfest (deadlift party) March 31st for our biggest event yet. Excited for the direction that the gym is going.

Competed in my second ever weightlifting meet and did well. Went 4/6 hitting a 115kg Snatch and 148kg Clean and Jerk for a 263kg total at 101kg bw. Had PRs across the board and hit a PR clean of 155kg on my last attempt and just missed the jerk.

Now onto this throwing season that has not gotten all that much attention. Weather and schedule, gym, and life have not boded well for my practice. Just haven't been fully motivated to get out and throw as much as of late because I haven't been able to fully focus on it. But I need to still get back to logging training. So here it goes:

Monday 4/23
Hip Circle Walks
3-Way Shoulder Raise 3x15
Back Squat 3x10 Death
Push Press 3x10
Strict OHP 3x10
Pullups 3x10
RFE Split Squat 3x10
Weighted Planks 3x30s
200lb Sandbag Carry 5x 100ft

Tuesday 3/24
Rotational Core Work
KB Work
Small Rolling Thunder
High Hang Power Snatch 5x5
Snatch Deadlift 3x8
RDL 3x10
Cambered Bar Bentover Row 3x10
Stir the Pot 3x10ea

Wednesday 4/25
KB Work
Bench Press 3x10 micro bands and Neutral Grip Bar
Reverse Hyper 3x15
Lat Pulldown 3x10
Ab Wheel 3x10
Row

Thursday 4/26
T-Spine Mobility
Front Squat 3x10
Belt Squat 3x10 w/ micro bands
TKEs 3x15

So the 26th has now made 116 days in a row of 2018 that I have done some sort of training. Even if it has been an extended stretching session or 25 min bike ride. Split up my 3rd workout this week to Wednesday and Thursday as legs were still toast from Monday. Obviously a small volume phase right now prepping for bigger things later in the year.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/18 at 10:24am
Yaaay more people logging! Welcome back, sir! 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/30/18 at 8:33pm
Since the scare of it going away and how much people seemed to care, it's the least I can do to help with content.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/30/18 at 8:40pm
Friday 4/27

Incline DB Curls 3x10
OH Tricep Extension 3x10
(hey summer is coming right brah?)
Small Pinch Block
High Hang Power Clean 5x5 
- these were terrible because I can't re-hook grip. And no straps. Just funk and tiring.
Muscle Snatch 5x3
GHR 3x10
Snatch Grip Upright Row 3x10
Yoke Carry 5 sets 50' down and 50' back with drop and trun adding weight. I think I got up to something around 450 or 500...didn't really count

Saturday 4/28 "cardio" of 8 hours of landscaping side job, then a glorious 20 minute stretch out session

Sunday 4/29 

Birddog Rows 3x 10,8,6
BB Thrusters 2x10 40kg
TRX Feet Up Rows 3x10
Snatch 6x3 HOLY Cardio
Clean + 2 Jerks 6 sets
Deadlift 4x6 @ 100% of clean (not too terrible)
Incline DB Press 3x10
45-degree Back Ext. 3x10
Sled Push Sprints, just 5x down and back with 20kg added.

Monday 4/30

Hip Circle Walks
3-Way Shoulder Raise 3x15
Back Squat 3x10 used the ox bar this week compared to the duffalo last week
Push Press 3x10
Strict OHP 3x10 used the neutral grip log bar (sorinex one) like last week
Pullups 3x10
RFE Split Squat 3x10
Weighted Planks 3x30s
150lb Sandbag Carry 5x 100ft

Felt about 1,374x better than last week with all this volume. A little lighter sandbag work because I could definitely feel my low back being a little toasty after yesterday's lift. Need to throw something. Probably tomorrow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/18 at 3:00pm
Tuesday 5/1
Rotational Core Work
KB Work
Medium Rolling Thunder max per hnd
High Hang Power Snatch 5x5
Snatch Deadlift 3x8
RDL 3x10
Cambered Bar Bentover Row 3x10
Stir the Pot 3x10ea

Wednesday 5/2
KB Work
TKEs 3x15
T-Spine Mobility
Front Squat 3x10
Bench Press 3x10 axle bar
Belt Squat 3x10 w/ monster mini bands
Reverse Hyper 3x15
Lat Pulldown 3x10
Ab Wheel 3x10
Row

Thursday 5/3
Incline DB Curls 3x10
OH Tricep Extension 3x10
#2 Pinch Block max each hand
High Hang Power Clean 25 singles, one every 30sec. easier to hold onto
Muscle Snatch 5x3
GHR 3x10 w/ weighted vest
Snatch Grip Upright Row 3x10
Yoke Carry 4 sets 50' down and 50' back top set 500lbs

Friday 5/4 
Landscape Work  -walked over a half marathon
Rotational Core work
BB Thrusters 2x10 40kg
TRX Row 3x10
Snatch 6x3 
Clean + 2 Jerks 6 sets
Deadlift 4x6 @ 102.5% of clean
Incline DB Press 3x10
45-degree Back Ext. 3x10 w/ 100lb med ball
No prowler work. Too dead

5/5 Cardio 40 minutes

5/6 30 min morning cardio. Hosted a throwing clinic. Great turnout!
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/18 at 8:06pm
Liking the strongman work.  For folk like us, it's great carryover conditioning.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/30/18 at 10:41pm
Welp I've obviously fallen off the update Wagon again. Will try to recap this week in the next couple of days. Quick update: Got in another games (cut to lightweight and threw in the A class) and it wasn't the best time lol. Lifting is going solid but its just been rain rain rain...so throwing has been a bit absent. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/16/18 at 12:45pm
Aaaaaannnnnd once again I suck at updated. But more motivated as of late so here we go:

7/14/18 Grandfather Mtn. Highland Games, Boone, NC

20lb Sheaf - 25', 2nd
WOB - 13' on 2nd attempt, 4th
Caber - 50 deg. T-2nd
Open Stone - 38'+, 3rd
HWFD - 31'+, 3rd
LWFD - 65'+, 3rd
Heavy Hammer - 95'+, 1st
Overall  - 3rd

I had a lot of fun this games. Was excited for it I guess based off practice leading up. Just excited to throw a games and throw with my brother. He hit a monster WOB at 17'6. so quick recap - sheaf my bro and I both made 22' so went from 2' jumps to 3' jumps as I knew he wanted to go a lot higher and I didn't want to slow him down too much. Cleared 25' and went to 28' and was close but I figured I didn't have 28' in me on this day. WOB went much better than it has the past 6 months and really came close to 14' for the first time in a loooong while. Caber Jonathan and I literally tied on what was some iffy side judging. Should have just turned it. It was tough, spun in my hands a good bit as well as I slipped on my 1st attempt. Need to get my caber mojo back. Timing has definitely been of a bit. Stone went well for myself with the size and shape of it. Weights went really well comparatively to the last 6 months, and excited to know I felt more in the tank on both. Literally haven't been able to practice hammer as the ground has been so hard from zero rain you 1) cant get blades in and 2) last time I tried to practice my first 2 throws snapped handles so I quit there instead of breaking more. So hammer went absolutely freakin awesome. 

Actually gearing up to do a couple weightlifting meets just for fun here the next 2 weekend to support local friends. But focus has really shifted back to throwing and I'll be adjusting my weight room training because of such after this week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:04pm
7/15

Did some walking around the town of Boone. Legs just felt toast and it really wasn't all that much.
Quick Arm Pump Workout to work off the crap food I had eaten:

Lat Pulldown x 15,12,10
Side Delt Raise x 15,12,10

Incline DB Curl x 15,12,10,20
OH Tricep Extension x 15,12,10,20

7/16
Snatch
Up to 100kg no misses
103kg miss then make
then hit 106, 109, 112 before missing 115kg

Clean and Jerk
Singles up to 130kg and 137kg

shut it down. Still run down.

7/17
Snatch Complex up to 5 singles at 95kg

Low Block Power Clean + Jerk
up to singles at 120, 125, 130kg

Front Squats
140kg 3, 150kg x3...didn't feel like doing rep work so just hit a "top" triple

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/19/18 at 11:52am
7/18

HWFD 
4 1-turns
4 fulls
- nothing special to note. been feeling pretty trashed this week so didn't expect greatness. but work is work!

LWFD
4 1-turns
6 fulls
- hit a practice PR. Really starting to feel things different in this event. should put things together for some throws towards all-time PRs this season at some point.

**more cues and work to go to get to being "great" at the weights. And probably more bodyweight. Just saw the lineup for Pros at Pleasanton...geez. Some big dudes.

Snatch - singles up to 100kg. missed 10 (got lazy)
Pause in Dip Jerks off Blocksx1 120kg
Back Squats 10x1 at 125kg, doing a rep every 30sec.

Legs have felt just dead so didn't want to push for full squat workout tonight so felt something out that felt kinda smooth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
  Share Topic