FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Sean Betz Farewell Games: Kirksville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sean Betz Farewell Games: Kirksville
    Posted: 3/07/14 at 2:52pm
Sean has announced that this will be his 15th and final year as a Pro thrower.  I have held the Kirksville Games/HASA Championships since 1999 and Sean competed as an Am there, that's how long it's been!  

It will be Oct. 4th in Kirksville, Missouri

I have always wanted to have a pro class and this was a great excuse to make it happen.  I'm happy to announce that the ALL of the Pro's that came up in the HASA organization as Ams will be there. The list includes:

Sean Betz
Dan McKim
Chad Gustin
Nathan Burchett
Isaac Burchett
Special Judge Al Myers (the first HASA member to throw pro).

All of the usual classes will be contested.  This is not intended to exclude any other pro throwers, just invited those that came up in HASA.  ANYONE and EVERYONE is welcome to come throw!  Drop me an email at tvanvleck@atsu.edu if you want an entry form or have questions.  

This is a great chance as an amateur to come out and throw right along with the top pros!  I have a private party room reserved at a local place that will be a great time for anyone that wants to stick around.  
Thom Van Vleck
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/07/14 at 3:04pm
Is this his actual farewell game (last game)?  Or is this the last Kirksville game?
JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/14 at 9:42pm
This will be Sean's last Games as a Pro.  He has announced he's hanging it up after this year and he plans to go to the Celtic and then Kirksville.  He's bringing his whole family and we are going to give him a proper send off.

As for the last Kirksville Games....every year is an adventure!   I think every AD can appreciate this but here's how it goes for me.

As the event gets' closer.....I start wondering why I do it and that build until the day of the games when I say that morning "never again"...but when the throws start coming and then the awards are handed out I start thinking...." I could do it one more year".....

....and that's how it goes!  I figure I'll go until I get sued....or die....whichever comes first. 
Thom Van Vleck
TheThorpedo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheThorpedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/10/14 at 9:12am
I remember watching Sean throw in Fergus when I was only 9. He is definitely a legend of the sport and I enjoyed watching him throw over the years as I developed into a thrower myself. I'm disapointed I never got to throw with him. Great guy.
"Crush your enemies,See them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!"
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/10/14 at 9:59am
Sean is definitely a great classy guy/thrower- thanks for everything
BenEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/01/14 at 6:43am
Thom, I sent you an e-mail about getting an entry form.  Your 2010 Kirksville Games was my last HG comp.  I had a great time there and would like to do it again. 
http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/02/14 at 9:26am
I'm looking forward to having Sean throw one last time at Pleasanton this year, he's been there every year as an am and a pro except one (Calgary). True gentleman and a great competitor...class act, always a pleasure to work with.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic