Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Braidy Miller - new Masters records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTDupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braidy Miller - new Masters records
    Posted: 4/07/14 at 7:53pm
This weekend at the Dunedin Highland Games, Braidy Miller threw the light hammer 134' 1.5". This is the record for masters 45-49 group that had been held by Bill Anderson since 1986.

Hammer weighed in at 16lbs 0.4oz. Photo of postal scale screen to be sent to Thom.
Length was good at 49 3/4".

Measured by head judge Bob Gourlay, and verified by AD (me).

Great job Braidy.

Note: he also will get the 45-49 LWD record, pending verification.

Edited by KTDupuis - 4/08/14 at 9:00pm
"I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - G. Carlin
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 8:01pm
Great job Braidy. Huge throws
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 8:14pm
That is phenomenal!  Congratulations Braidy!  Surpassing Bill Anderson is a legendary achievement
Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 9:04pm
Brandy had a tremendous series going 130+ on all of us throws
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 9:25pm
  Clap  Congrats, Braidy.  Clap  Huge throw!!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
celtuckian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celtuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/14 at 7:00am
Congratulations, Braidy.  Thumbs Up

Brian Ely
"Well, throwing harder didn't work" - T. Brazewell
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/14 at 2:38pm
Congratulations.  Awesome throwing.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/14 at 6:34pm
The numbers from a masters class at this game are crazy good.  What a group of throwers, you would be proud to be anyplace w this group, wow.  Masters dude goes 78 change w the light weight and gets third.  Not your father's Oldsmobile.    Congrats on the record, big.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
KTDupuis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTDupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/14 at 8:56pm
The 28lb weight verified. Photo and info sent to Thom. Looks like he gets to keep both records from this weekend.

Measured by Bob Gourlay and double checked by me.

new 45-49 LWD record is: 82' 4.5"
"I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - G. Carlin
KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/08/14 at 10:11pm
Congrats Bro!
Remember Kay Cummings, Father of the Highland Games in the Southeast and my friend. Lets Go Run With The Big Dogs!
Chad Ullom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Ullom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 7:48am
Congratulations Braidy!
Chad Ullom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Ullom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 7:51am
Is Braidy 45? Should that be 40-44?
KTDupuis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTDupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 8:06am
He turned 45 in Feb.
Bill Boyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 11:18am
Braidy Miller = Monster. I've had the great pleasure of competing with Braidy and the great misfortune of throwing after him. Great guy to throw with.
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/14 at 12:35pm
I had the pleasure to finally meet and throw with him at the 2014 MWC. Amazing guy, congrats on the records big man, you deserve them.
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/14 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by brandell brandell wrote:

I had the pleasure to finally meet and throw with him at the 2014 MWC. Amazing guy, congrats on the records big man, you deserve them.

MWC 2014 hasn't happened yet--perhaps you're referring to MWC 2013 in Albuquerque (?)
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic