Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Reminder for the Celtic Classic Rankings...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reminder for the Celtic Classic Rankings...
    Posted: 6/13/14 at 3:07pm
Only standing WOB counts. 

If you leave the box ticked to have it count and you spun, it will probably be unticked at some point to ensure those rankings are accurate. 

FYI.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 8:31am
bump
Ryan Stewart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 9:17am
How about games where only 3 pros were on the field? We should untick those also don't ya think ;)
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Ryan Stewart Ryan Stewart wrote:

How about games where only 3 pros were on the field? We should untick those also don't ya think ;)

I guess we'll have to go back to what constitutes a Pro again. 

Cause there are several games we might need to talk about.  I see him listed as a Pro in the very next games too, throwing against you. 

Also, are you trying to say that Adriane and Danielle aren't Pros?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 9:52am
Haha! We had more than 4 pros in Bellingham without Duncan.

Come on now.. not starting a war here. Just pointing it out. We both know that if anyone else tried to use the women as pros we would be harassed endlessly about it on here. Had quite a few pros in the last few weeks talk about it. I'm the only one with enough balls to say something. Yes, those ladies are pros.. female pros.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 9:55am
Also. All my 16' WOB are from the stand. FYI.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Ryan Stewart Ryan Stewart wrote:

Haha! We had more than 4 pros in Bellingham without Duncan.

Come on now.. not starting a war here. Just pointing it out. We both know that if anyone else tried to use the women as pros we would be harassed endlessly about it on here. Had quite a few pros in the last few weeks talk about it. I'm the only one with enough balls to say something. Yes, those ladies are pros.. female pros.

lol, barely ;-)

No war at all, cause I remember the last time we had this discussion, lol.  The general consensus seemed to be that someone could be pro for a day.  I mean hell, look at the Rhode Island game from last weekend. 

I'm glad you said something, you know I hate the behind the back talking.  If people think those scores shouldn't count, I'll remove them.  But better yet, here's a secret....I don't care about the rankings and am not going to the Celtic anyway. 
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 10:21am
That being said, by the letter of the rules, that game is legit. 

The women pros each made over $1k for that game, and factored into the team overall. 

I'd love to hear all the opinions though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 10:23am
Yeah Rhode Island came up also.

bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 11:04am

For the Record, for only our 2nd year with a Pro class, I thought we had a Great group of Pros! We rely on the generousity of these athletes as we dont have the budget of an Enumclaw or a Portland. They travel on their own dime! Frankly Im proud of the fact that we do get these guys and they will all be invited back every year as long as Im coordinating it. They entertained the crowd which is huge! Our Implements are weighed and measured and well maintained in the off-season. Our field is groomed and our trigs are mowed. Basically our Pros throw the same weight as any other games, so 44' HWFD is the same in Bellingham as it is in the rest of the country. However, our field is probably better maintained then most...lol. I pride myself on inviting the newer pros, like Chuck Kasson, who may not have the oppurtunites to throw elsewhere yet... He did not disappoint! Duncan maintains his AM Status as he did not accept any prize money, and after his fork fiasco, he needed it! Greg Hadley flew all the way from Nova Scotia to compete. Robin Kneble is a force!  I stand with everyone of these Pros and hope they will come back year after year.

Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Khruel View Drop Down
Top 10 in the USA - '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khruel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/18/14 at 8:31pm
My best standing WOB where I didn't spin afterwards and only did a stand throw for the entire WOB comp is 15ft, but I'm listed at 18'6''

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 7:32am
Thanks Dan.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 8:36am
Just putting these here, in case we get a discussion again:

http://www.nasgaweb.com/forum/master-pros_topic14538_page1.html

http://www.nasgaweb.com/forum/my-issues-with-the-database-rankings_topic14505.html

But honestly, if there are any questions regarding specific games, we can let the Celtic Classic Athletic Director make a decision, since that's what the rankings are for anyway.  This thread was just to note that the spinning WOB doesn't count for the rankings, for the one person in the world that still does it...Dan. 
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/19/14 at 3:37pm
Again, the WOB scores for "Pro's" are all standing.
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic