FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log; dWood- OPERATION 225

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/14 at 6:30am
8/27 disrupted sleep pattern so tested bench then went home 
175 x 8,215 x 5,255 x 5,295 x 3 335 x 1, 350 x 1(struggled/ass came off bench) 

Terri hit 195 x3/plyo pushups/tri press 95 x12 x3. She then threw some stone. She got very angry w/ that stone. Was good!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/29/14 at 5:12pm
8/29
Quick w/ out for me
Powercleans
115 x5,130x5,145 x3,175 x1,1,195 x1,1 215 x1
B/W chins x 3,3,3,4,4,4
Off of work tonite( going to Alb in the am) steak and a few brews
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/30/14 at 2:11pm
Got a break from hospital,hit up local gym
Bench 175 x5,205 x5 ,235 x 3,275 x3,225 x 6,185 x9,135 x15
Supersetted with chins 3,3,3,4,4,4,4
Bw pushup x 21
Tri press 95 x 15,3 sets
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 2:38pm
8/31 off. Life to deal with
9/1. Off. See above
9/2 got a reprieve,hit quick front squat session 135 x 5,175 x3,215 x3,3,3,3,3
Db dls 40 x 12 x 3 sets
9/3 off see above
9/4 off see above
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/08/14 at 9:51am
9/5. More life struggles
9/6 see above
9/7 cleans and bench. 3s of 5/3/1 + lots of pushups and pull ups
Plan on hitting legs in a bit also cleaned out portion of the garage and will start hitting more workouts at home( have rack,bench,bar 500 lbs of bumper plates..just hard to get to the gym even though it's 2 miles away with all that's going on at home)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/14 at 5:01pm
Training hasn't been consistent but that's understandable(Ryan just got out of the hospital,after latest hospital stay)but need to buckle down for me( sanity from life and to possibly be ready for Scotland,Ct) ..going to do a version of Defrancos built like a badassprogram( used it in the past with HS football teams,and HS hockey teams I train..loosely based on 5/3/1 with some supersets and met con work...did day 1 today. Feel ok/ not like a badass yet LOL)
Will update later for day 1
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/14 at 6:25pm
Built Like A Badass! Day 1(like the name of the workout lol)
Bench press
215 x8,245 x 6,275 x 5
Db bp 60 x25,19
Superset of long bar cable rows and tri press downs
St bar rows 110 x 15,15,15
Tri press 95 x 15,15,15
Superset of db shrugs +db side lays
Shrug 60x15,15,15
Db side lat20x15,15,15
Felt good...ribs,fried chicken,Mac and cheese with copious amounts of beer as post workout fuel/sweeeeeet
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:27pm
Day 2 BLB#2 W1
Jumps to box 2 x6
Front squat 175 x8,195 x 6,215 x6
Hypers bw. X 15 3 sets

9/16
Off day..yeah right
Speed pull pull snatch 10 x 3 reps @75%(105)
Pull thrus 60lbs x20 reps x3 sets
Wob..49 lbs..10 pulls in 10 minutes(Terri saw me doing three..came out threw the 21 about 2 feet over 15-9.. Then went back inside. Lol)

Tom early am (6am-) BLB # 3 W1
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/14 at 5:26pm
9/17. Skipped this day..too wiped out from 12 hr shirts(UN General Assembly& 8 nations staying at the hotel,so lots of briefings with secret service,state department,etc)
9/18 BLB #1 w2
Bench press 225 x7,255 x 5,285 x 5
Same assistance as w1( going for a nap before work,so no more updating)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/14 at 6:01pm
Haven't logged in 2 weeks,work was a nightmare 12-15 hr shifts working with state dept,secret service,and individual countries security during UN General Assembly..we had 8 countries at the hotel but Turkey and Israel had functions at our catering/ banquet halls( nightmare with demonstrators).. Well hit gym intermit tingly..10/1 hit heavy chest( stone tosses at home). Today was skwaatts. Ok..was going to do line drills but knees were sore..as long as Ryan is stable and status quo..Terri and I will go to Scotland,Ct( close games,favorite bc we see most of the old new England crew) Terri wants some numbers(wob) ..me just want to throw( we shall see)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:39pm
Well my throwing season( ok it was going to be 1 game@Scotland,Ct) never materialized,although may throw my hat in the ring for the Nov backyarder in ALB...Ryan has had good days,bad days,and terrible days-Saturday was the latter so that's why I bailed on Scotland....
Off season goals..drop a few lbs to get to my swimsuit model weight of 225(am at 248 right now) will be cutting most sugars right away,increasing cardio( walk /jog w/20lb vest).. Increase pull ups,pushups as goal is to do the Murph challenge in may...will try some throwing weather permitting..looking to do 4-5 games next year..maybe travel a bit( may do some masa or ssaa games if they have women masters as it makes it more economical for both Terri and I to throw)
Sunday Pm..front squat. +barbell bench press test of 1RM + 15 min non vest jog
Monday lunch. Power clean Test of 1RM + 30 pull ups(6 sets of 5)+ 20 min walk
Tuesday will test box squat. Weds will test clean and press. Thursday start the workout
Buckling down the diet..paleo inspired but still have 2 protein shakes a day( my sweet treat)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:41pm
Awe man my number UNO Giant went down yesterday with a torn patellar tendon..ouch. I feel your pain Victor..heal up
JUST BRING IT /

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 5:31pm
We missed you and terri at Scotland.  Good luck on the offseason!
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Awe man my number UNO Giant went down yesterday with a torn patellar tendon..ouch. I feel your pain Victor..heal up

E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES.

Although I felt bad for him...hate to see a good player get hurt and he looked to be in a lot of pain.

www.sportkilt.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 6:20pm
Figured your up in Maine,you would be on the Patriots tip....seriously am a diehard Giant fan( usually hit a few games a year,little bro has season tickets) but being a former high school football coach am uber impressed with Chip Kelly,his system and style of coaching
JUST BRING IT /

rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 6:31pm
Born and raised in Philly. All my family is still there. Love the eagles and Phillies.
www.sportkilt.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 6:41pm
Even though Im a Ny Ranger fan,growing up( never told too many people) was a Philly Flyer fan...I wanted to be the next Bobby Clarke...loved the broadway bullies, Bernie parent,Dave shultz
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 7:26pm
Meant Broad Street Bullies
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/14 at 1:49pm
10/14
100 terminal knee ext per leg
Box squat 95 x5,135 x10,10,10,205 x5,275 x3,135 x10
Jog 20 mins.
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/14 at 1:54pm
Terri came to the gym and owned 365x 6 in box squat. Friggin doesn't workout goes in and breaks little boys hearts. Haha
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/14 at 4:46pm
See I haven't updated my log in a month and a half....still banging away in the gym.haven't thrown but keeping up on line drills...increasing the cardio a bit in the offseason as goal is to still drop some lbs to get to 215-225 to perform the murph challenge( have my first benchmark murph challenge test next week)... Terris still hitting gym and never ceases to amaze people( including me) at the gym and looks to have a big/productive 2015!   Still in same holding pattern w/Ryan -right now just trying to get healthy and gain some weight to start another few rounds of chemotherapy...he has good days and horrible days but anyone who knows about the big C knows it can be like that,just thankful every day we have him around!
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/09/15 at 10:55pm
see havent updated it since after thanksgiving..... 
2015 goals 
1st-on a personal level have Ryan be healthy and see dad throw and mom try to win MWC#4..will be tough as the deck is stacked against him but being Terri's child hes got the fighter spirit(thanks to all that have sent well wishes for Ryan) 
 havent stopped training as its our escape for an hour or so a day from the reality..have been repeating the term"EMBRACE THE SUCK!"  been  hitting lots of 5/3/1 with some twists and myself and Terri have hit some recent gym PRs(Dan/Terri) bench-370/205  front squat 345/195   
DANS GOAL..GET ON THE DAMN FIELD...throw 18+ in 42 wob,and maybe give that MWC thingy a whirl 
Terri-she is a bit more goal orientated and wants 40 in open stone.35 in 28wfd,47 in 21wfd,69 in 14wfd...wants to break her masters records in the hammers and clear 17-6 in 21wob..(14-9+ in 28 wob) dont know what games shes doing depends on the boy but off the top of her head she def Albany games(had a blast there) some Buffalo heavies games,Cortland,RI,MWC-she also wants to head Masa's way later in the season (Aug/Sept?Oct)...happy New year to all see you soon dw
JUST BRING IT /

Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 3:22am
"myself and Terri have hit some recent gym PRs(Dan/Terri) bench-370/205  front squat 345/195"

Excellent!

I hope to see y'all in Albany, even though I'll end up second to Terri!

How's the boy?
The man in the arena.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 4:30am
Still fighting! has good days and absolutely horrible days...its amazing what cancer can do to a young/healthy body...hes determined to not give up no matter the pain(me personally think he should be given the medal of honor for the pain hes in,amount of times pricked,prodded,shot up with chemicals in his short 19 years around) not kidding aside bone cancer sucks and its advanced but he is not without prayer or hope-thats all we can do is hope and make him comfortbale..thanks againHeart
JUST BRING IT /

Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 5:19am
The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.
rocky

FWIW, I am proud of y'all.
The man in the arena.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:07am
Always #1 in giving inspiration Dunc! He has been knocked down numerous times in the last 13 months but has answered the count each time-ready to fight again. He's not taking it sitting down and I dragged him to American Sniper(great movie!) but leaving theater in crowded NYC looked at me-hugged me-and said I Love ya Man! Was more choked up than Kevin Costner in field of dreams playing catch w/his dad! It's friends like you in the sport that are the true ambassadors of our sport. Great athletes/great competitors/but good people(big Dan McKim is in that class w/his prayers and thoughts for Ryan) well enough of this mush crap-going to wake the kid up and see what he wants to do/see today. Haven't slept as worked 12 hour overnite/then got dragged to the gym early am but lack of sleep is pale in comparison to his pains. Peace Out Cub Scout!
JUST BRING IT /

grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:47am
Thoughts are always with you, Terri and the fam dan.   Great post Duncan.     Great post.   
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:40pm
Thanks. Tony
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:14pm
Ok this week( moon/Tuesday/weds/Thursday) will do some testing(0 n bench/fr sq/push pr/power clean) before diving into project frequency for 1-2 months then start throwing/ getting more explosive...mon I hit 375 in bench,Terri hit 205.. Today hit a 5 lb pr in front squat. Ugly 375 but got it( don't think 375.5 would have went LOL) but Terri friggin smoked a 205 squat 15 pr I think. She still amazes me!
JUST BRING IT /

Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Still fighting! has good days and absolutely horrible days...its amazing what cancer can do to a young/healthy body...hes determined to not give up no matter the pain(me personally think he should be given the medal of honor for the pain hes in,amount of times pricked,prodded,shot up with chemicals in his short 19 years around) not kidding aside bone cancer sucks and its advanced but he is not without prayer or hope-thats all we can do is hope and make him comfortbale..thanks againHeart

Sending e-hugs and wishes for strength, for all of you.

jp
You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic