FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log; dWood- OPERATION 225

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:59pm
Glad you and Terri are still trying to push hard during this tough time.  Hope to see you guys in ALB.  Best wishes to your family.
www.sportkilt.com
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 8:44pm
Thanks JP-anyword on youre bid for Arnold Olympic lifting meet? 

Thanks Rob-our gym time is therapy for us! i get away from home to work but Terri is at home with Ryan so much she needs her mental health and going to the gym and slaying the iron helps a bit-shes a toughie and love having such a strong and devoted training partner(as well as life partner),will catch up at ALB(not a bad drive and great games-heres to life!  peace out
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/15 at 12:41pm
Ok this hasn't been updated since Jan/2015. And Terri's 'Time to Log" hasn't been updated since June..a few of you(mwr,hapy,b Randall) have been getting updates via FB,PM,Email from me...still hitting decent numbers in the gym ( greatest stress relief for lifes problems) following a hybrid of 5/3/1 frequency project with minimal assistance and added cardio( have to keep ticker going). Main emphasis is trying to get my overhead press up all others ok. Closing back in on mid 200 PP......don't know if will make(visiting) a games but if all works out Scotland,Ct... Terri still lifting strong( pulled out of all competing after mays Albany as she doesn't want to be too far from Ryan in these trying times..bench 195/ov PP 135 x2/front sq 195/ box squat 395 x3/ clean 165( hang).... Pulling out of MWC was tough but right call for our family....anyone who needs updates on Ryan just txt or email( still real bad but he's a fighter..and fighting every new battle with every ounce of him)....
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/15 at 12:05pm
OK OPERATION 225 
Goal- to drop bodyweight down to 225 (from 253)become lean/mean/athletic fighting machine. Will be using lots of conditioning/diet manipulation/cardio(yes I said the C word)/ and EOD lifting(5/3/1 influenced of course). If all above is met might try a few depletion go arounds(ala Kroc/Carrol/JMBlakely to see how low I really can get and if a lw class with nite before weighin is doable/if not just throw at 225..was only 236 when I threw 56wfd 35+ and 56wob 14-9 but I'm a lot smarter at 52 then I was at 36) 
Diet-cleaning it up a lot/cutting all soda(my vice) and simple sugars. Lots of protein(the only macro I calculate and count) limit complex carbs stick to starchy /cruciferous carbs. Tons of water(fortunately left hotel security to become a security supv for Bloomberg securities/facilty has a dynamite-kick ass fresh/healthy cafeteria with chef! Diet will be way easier mon-friday and can get back to some regular sleep patterns as overnites are now out. Will be updating as much as possible. 10/1,2,3 workouts-highlights will be updated later today
JUST BRING IT /

Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 6:30pm
You threw those in 98?
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 7:14pm
As someone that started at 213 and dropped as low as 185 (Currently 188) Its calories in calories out.  Everyone worries about carbs, etc, its not. Calories in, calories out.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 8:22pm
Mule. Threw that in 2003-4(my short stint at pro games/think I did 4 or 5 pro games) 

Brian. Thanks. When I was powerlifting really just limited carbs/sweets/and soda(same thing when I did work biggest loser contest) my. Biggie for dropping lbs is to hit cardio(treadmill on incline in am/with a few sweatshirts on-then protein only for next 2 feedings)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 8:27pm
Mule actually looked in my training logs(a bit anal-have tons of books in the garage) when I was on Team USA in 2003 hit 14 in wob/31 in hwfd. The following year hit 14-9@ pipes(Ct) was close to 15 in comp but no cigar. Altamont hit 31/33/36 in my best series (sadly I took 5th or 6th behind Borque/Bogue/Barron/Zolk/) 
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 10:06pm
10/1 2 mile walk w/20 lb vest 
10/2 clean(1 rep) press(multiple reps) fooled around hit 95 1/3,115 1/3,135 1/3,155 1/2,175,185.195 1/1. Superset of inverted bw pullup/bwpushup. 10/10. 11/10. 12/10 
10/3. 2.5 mile walk w/weighted vest 

JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/15 at 10:12pm
10/4 really did nothing. Walked around an Oktoberfest/had a few spattens. But did lots of work around the house. Had no carbs today(except beer).   
General sked for lifting will be EOD. 
D1 fr sq+ bp(5/3/1) + condo. 
D3 clean and press 
D5 box sq(or higher rep deads) +push pr 
D7oly lifts. 
D9 repeat 
Off days walking w/weighted vest condo
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/15 at 8:35pm
not much to post...getting settled in with new routine at work so playing it by ear this week before kicking it after Scoitland,Ct ......new job is ssweet...20 minutes from home...super new facilty(1 yr old)  got a decent crew working under me and a slamming cafe  repeat slamming  Mike Bloomberg knows how to feed his employees-...looking forward to the drop in lbs..just cutting sugar and soda this week dropped 7 lbs and with reduced cortisol levels from sleeping normal hours will be well on my way to 225...thurs am-if Ryan doesnt have a treatment will hit the gym for some max front squats and hang cleans if he does its a morning weighted vest walk...we shall see but its all good   Peace Out
JUST BRING IT /

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/15 at 9:01pm
Weighted vest walk - that sounds like a good way to get some work in on treatment day. How much weight do you use?
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/15 at 9:49pm
20lber/. Wendler recomends starting with that and you can increase to 30 or 40. Picked up a cheap vest one at Walmart (pretty comfortable and goes from 10 to 20) for about 40 bucks. The better ones are bucks and will wait on those
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/15 at 1:35pm
OK today went to gym(10/8) and squatted. Since my accident a few years ago have only back squatted a few times(for some strange reason in my mind I'm timid/scared/etc..have only front squatted and have hit 275 recently) well couldn't let Terri have the rack by herself so joined her. 135 x5/185 x 3/225,250,275 x 1/300 unracked put back/325 unracked Terri then stated a trigger word and had to go 325 for 1/then 350 repeat. Felt good and on the way back
JUST BRING IT /

Hapy View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/15 at 7:38pm
Damn, Dan nice work.

Did you forget that you were old and broken?
Real Men Wear Purple

Tinky Winky Throw Far!

Central Vermont Strength Association
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/15 at 7:41pm
Haha would have stopped at 300 till Terri said the trigger word. Lol
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/15 at 2:01pm
Today just quick rough test of hang clean. 145 x 3,165 x3,185,195 x1,205/205/205 xmiss/200x1. 1.5 mile walk with 20lb vest. Last weekend of not keeping track of macros and some beers. Monday kick it into overdrive
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:08pm
10/14 
HANG CLEAN  180 x 3,125 x 5,140 x5,155 x 5 
Box Squat 175 x 15 reps 
Standing milt press 135 x 5,160 x5,180 x 4 
Fat Bar curls 65 x 15,15,15 15(fat bar handles on reg handle) 

conditioning and cardio 10/15 in the am 
diest slowly getting their  down 2lbs since friday weigh in(248 fri/245.7 today)
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/15 at 3:04pm
OK not much to report. Still trying to get sked organized(feels better sleeping regular hours. ) 
Fri 10/16.  
Went in a fooled around on bench. 345 x1/315 x 3/275 x5/. Then did 3 sets elevated feet pushups x 10. Tri press 110 x 12/125 x9/125 x8 s/set with 80 x 12.  

Sat 10/17 1 mile weighted vest walk w/dog in early am 
Pm. Front squat 225 x3/185 x 5(3 sets) 
Seated sh press 140(50 total reps/12-13-10-10-5) 
Seated leg curl 65 x 50 reps(1 set) 
25 mins cardio-brisk walk on 12%incline 

Sunday will hit some hang cleans +rows+ biceps as well as cardio thru the day
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/15 at 2:20pm
Sunday 10/18
Hang cleans 125/150/175 x5
Weighted vest walk incline for 2 miles. Would have gone 3 but dehydrated from sat nite and gym heat( why?) was kicking my butt w/ the vest
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/15 at 2:36pm
Got home/work around the house and throwing the vest on for 1-2 mile walk outside w/the dog
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/15 at 2:10pm
10/23. Bench stuff+ 30 mins cardio. Cleaning up diet. Chef at work -hooking me up w/extra protein serving(every day is new menu/ but he makes double protein of whatever for me). Cut all soda-water infused w/ lemon(Bloomberg has some serious healthy stuff for employees/huge dispenser of spring water w/fresh lemons) 
10/24 cleans(hang) w/up to TM then 3 x5 @85% of TM. Some rows/shrugs. Cardio-kick ass on 15%incline. Good burn. @home some sled pushes. 
JUST BRING IT /

Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/15 at 8:08am
"Cardio-kick ass on 15%incline."

EHRMEHGERD
The man in the arena.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/16 at 12:39pm
New Year has come and gone-still banging away in the gym. Bodyweight is 236/need to crank the cardio(weighted vest walks) up a bit. If it warms up a bit will slowly throw some. Goal is to be 225ish by June and throw at that weight. Use those numbers to qualify for MWC over 50 under 200. Then will set out in July and August to get within striking distance of 200. If I make it cool-if I don't it's still all good as I'm sure I'll be healthier
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:57am
2 days of shoveling 19+ inches out /has lower back screaming. 
1/23 bench. Tons of triples. Good sweat 
1/24 front squats 205 x 2( 10 sets) 225 x 2. All w/ 45 second rest. Wiped. Back squat 135 x 15 for cardio. No wind today.   It's all good 
JUST BRING IT /

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/07/16 at 3:42pm
Ok..little update.. entered MWC over 50 under 200 class and was accepted/ did a 72 hour cut-went from 229 to 212(brian carrol/matt Kroc inspired) w/sauna-hot baths-herbal diuretics. Got to 212 but couldn't budge any lower. Honestly felt like dog crap and didn't feel healthy! Might be OK for other athletes but don't think it's for me-so contacted Kevin Rogers and pulled out(figured do it asap-to open up a slot for a deserving athlete/Terri still a go though!). Still going to drop to 225-235 range and throw in a few games. Packing up the house to move but want to throw in NJ(5/28 masa games) unless ALB 6.0 happens..then some over the summer. We shall see. Hope to see all my friends out there and will be able to judge/annouce any games that wants me. Update on Ryan-things suck/not going well.anyone want specifics can PM-not really in mood to put it here
JUST BRING IT /

Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 8:45am
So sorry about Ryan

I think you have longer to get under weight than those 72 hours.  Just being captain obvious.  Hit the minimalist, he has brought his BF way down with daily fast action, and his muscle has increased. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 9:12am
You dropped 17lbs in 72 hours using those methods.  Pretty standard.

The game is in August. 

So basically if you go into August (6 whole months from now) weighing 215ish, it should be an easy cut (which it would be).  Not sure why you'd pull out based on that one cut unless you're already sitting at single-digit bodyfat at 229lbs.  I'm guessing you're not...  and i assume I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

All that being said, I think cutting weight for a trophy is dumb to begin with, but I digress.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 9:17am
Felt like death and it was feeling unhealthy. Even after the refeed/carb up felt like dog doo. Might throw my name on standby list for regular 50-54 class and just throw at 225
JUST BRING IT /

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/16 at 9:53am
That's understandable, those cuts are brutal.  I would never do it, and I always hated when Kara did it.   

But since you have 6 months, why not just be 200 walking around at that time if that's the class you want to throw in?  That would be pretty easy. 

Or just throw at your current weight, also easy, lol.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic