FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Lack of respect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lack of respect
    Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:50am
http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2014/Jul/2014_Webster_World_Highland_Games_Heavy_Events_Championships.html

The photograph used to illustrate this article shows a complete lack of respect to David Webster and all that he has done for Highland Games.

A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 9:08am
Well, you're gonna have to explain this to me Gerry.

The picture used there, as anyone can see, is from the 2011 IHGF World Champs at Loon. 

At the time, David Webster was the president of the IHGF.  I'd also bet he was there.   

So exactly where is the lack of respect?

Above all that, look how good Dan's biceps look. 
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 9:50am
Craig, I wouldn't think an explanation is necessary...everyone knows about the split between David and the IHGF. I wrote the article and submitted it without a photo, apparently that was a mistake on my part. For the record, this is the continuation of the World Heavy Events Championship started by David Webster in 1980, it currently has NO connection to the IHGF. End of story...
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 9:57am
I don't see a mistake on your side at all, Steve, just seems like Gerry is starting shit for no reason.  Which is why I asked for an explanation.  If the explanation is that because the photo has IHGF shirts and Francis in it, then I'll just lock or delete the thread because Webster was there and associated with that game at that time.  I think Randy made a fine choice with the photo there, especially considering when and where it was taken. 

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 10:01am
I'm with Craig on the premise that Gerry looking to start shit..seems to be his MO
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 10:02am
Craig, agreed...it would be nice just to see everyone go on with their lives. Play on...
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 10:45am
Exactly
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 5:11pm
Hey, you can say "shit" on the forum now?
Skullsplitter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullsplitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 11:11am
Personally I loved seeing the 2011 picture with the write up as that was at Loon. Personally as I see it, David holds Heavy Events World Championships and Francis is doing many different things that are very interesting and frankly exciting to here about. 

And I agree Craig, Dan's biceps are huge and that is an impressive collection of handsome men in the background. 

Bill 
"I am the thread, the pupil, and the eye of the needle is my teacher"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic