Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log: R Huddleston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/14 at 7:13am
That's the word on the street. The Okies are coming down in groups this time.

"The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people."
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/14 at 7:15am
the matrix animated GIF
The man in the arena.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/14 at 7:32am
http://i.imgur.com/Ws38Mm0.gif
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/14 at 9:28am
Crossfit Tuesday night:
Don't remember much, had to do an 800 m run, and 100 burpees, and I wanted to puke. Good times.

Today:
Bench
135 x 5
190 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 2
295 x 1

TBar rows: 4 x 10
Dips: 4 x 8
Incline DB press: 3 x 10
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/14 at 9:10am
Hang Clean/Deads this morning

Clean:
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 1 x 1

Deads:
265 x 5
305 x 5
345 x 5
Felt smooth and easy, and had a bunch of time and energy left, so decided to keep playing around with it
365 x 2
405 x 2
455 x 1

Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:32am
Took a few days off to let my neck heal up, I pinched something and haven't been able to turn my neck.

Upper body mobility/stretching

Bench:
135 x 10
185 x 5
205 x 3
235 x 3
265 x 3
275 x 1
295 x 1

Close grip bench 3 x 10
Incline DB bench 15, 12, 10, 15
Lat Pulldown 4 x 10
Tri Pushdowns 4 x 12

Not a great day as I don't want to re-injure the neck, but got in the gym, so its better than nothing.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/14 at 9:14am
Crossfit last night:
Don't remember specifically what the workout was. Just know that I wasn't good at it, finished last, and was really sweaty.

Squats this morning:
Stretch/PVC roller
worked up to first set of 315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 4
then for bonus points
455 x 1

3 x 10 RDL
4 x 8 DB curls for the girls
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/14 at 2:09am
Curls for the girls.

Sorry for not responding earlier; yeah man, the offer is still good for next Friday.  You'll have to bring some equipment as all of mine is in New Hampshire, but we can go over some stuff and I promise not to overly-sabotage you for Celtober.*

darth vader animated GIF

Although I might lay down the Irvin mental lawn chair...in fact...
The man in the arena.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/14 at 6:42am
Sounds good Duncan. I actually just got another toy yesterday, so that's no problem.

10/17
Stretch/PVC roller

Deads:
Worked up to 1st set of 285 x 3
330 x 3
375 x 5
Not big weight, but felt smooth and easy. I'll take it since I'm horrible about actually dead lifting, and average about 2.7 sessions a month.

Lat Pulldowns 3x10

Got an indoor shot in yesterday
Stands x8
Spins x6

Absolutely stoked about the indoor shot. My stones need a ton of reps, and now I can keep throwing all off season. WIN.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/14 at 10:49pm
Took the weekend off.

Stretch/PVC roller
Squat
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
340 x 5
380 x 3
430 x 3

Stones this morning
Stand x 5
Spin x 5
distances were ok, spin was a little low, but still so new at it I expect a lot of fluctuation. Also with the squats I'm not going to get a ton of pop from the legs.

Throws this evening:
HH x 5- felt ok, but still a little off balance. Need to bend the knees/counter more
LH x 5- felt better than it has in months. Hit numbers in practice I haven't seen since spring
LWD x 5- felt fast, but a little out of control. Need to get lower and be an athlete
WOB x 5- feeling better, but still struggling with timing of the pull
Sheaf x 10- see LH. Got some top notch coaching techniques from the Burchetts @ Kirksville. Can't say enough how big time this was. Only shanked 1, and I knew what I did as soon as it happened. This has been in my head all year, and I finally feel ok with it.

Absolutely stoked for Celtober this weekend.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 2:03am
"Got some top notch coaching techniques from the Burchetts @ Kirksville"

Dammit.

Celtober is going to be fun.  At the very least, you'll learn a few solid swears.
The man in the arena.
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 7:50am
I can't wait!! I'm gonna be pestering you guys with questions all day long
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 7:54am

All I'm going to say is:

"Ask Dan."
The man in the arena.
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 7:59am
Oh I do... to a fault probably. He's very patient with me haha. More coaching the better imo tho. Can't ever learn enough!!    
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:03am
I'm more of an example of what not to do.
The man in the arena.
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 8:05am
Well.. don't sell yourself short. I'd hate to not throw 83' in the lwfd. Looking forward to this wkknd!!!
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 9:17am
I'm right there with you Jon. Wish you could have made it to Kirksville, the A's got to throw with the Pros. I spent the entire day filming, asking questions, getting coached up by some of the best Pros around. It was freaking sweet. Now I get to go do the same thing to some of the best Am's around. Really excited to cap off the season this way.

Got some upper body in the morning

Bench
215 x 5
245 x 3
275 x 3
295 x 1

TBar row 3 x 6
Lat Pulldown 3 x 6

Threw some more LH this morning. Finally hit some ok numbers last night, and wanted to build upon that a little. Got 8 throws in, first 3 were money time. Literally haven't hit those distances since May. Dropped a few feet on the rest of the throws, but these still all crushed my comp throws lately. Again, got some great coaching from Sean Betz on my hammer issues, and they magically jump 10 feet.  
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 10:44am
Share the knowledge sir
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 11:59am
Stone- need to push up and out, not just out, and get more separation between the hips and shoulders

Weights- my orbits were too high/low, I looked at my feet too much, and I'm slow.

Hammers- orbits were too flat, not opening on my release, and I'm slow

Sheaf- blocking too low, standing up too straight, and trying to throw hard as opposed to just increasing the length of my cast.

WOB- Need to bend down lower before my pull and actually use those leg thingys.

So overall- need to work on moving implements faster, and getting hips/legs more involved.

jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 1:32pm
Awesome stuff!! I know I struggle alot with the hip shoulder seperation thing too
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/14 at 8:02pm
Celtober:

I've been looking forward to this game and weekend for awhile. It's been a long season, and couldn't think of a better way to cap it off. Big thanks to Beech and the TCAA group for putting on a great game and always taking care of the athletes.

Friday- got into town and met up with Dunc so he could coach me up and give me some perspective. It was a great 3 hours. The coaching was great, the convo with awesome.

Saturday- went to the throws clinic with Spencer Tyler. Good decision #2 of the weekend. Anytime you get the chance to pick a Pro's brain, you gotta take it. Learned a ton, and got to meet another great guy in the Games.

Sunday- Comp Day
B stone- 27. Horrible. Worst braemar stone of the year.
O stone- 36. Not where I want it, but still really new with the spin, and starting to feel a little separation, so can't complain
HWD- 27. Second throw felt close to a big one, just a little blocked. Got amped for the 3rd one and then completely forgot how to throw it.
LWD- 57. Improved on my score. Not a PR, but not far off.
HH- 74. Another improvement on my score as a A.
LH- 92. Better than I've been throwing the past few games
Caber- 60 deg. Picks feel solid, actually starting to move with the stick, just still working on timing of the pull
Sheaf- tied PR at 26. Then jumped to 29, that wasn't in the cards. But by far the best sheaf session I've had in months.
WOB- 11. Tank was empty

This was by far the most stacked group I've ever thrown with, and I loved it. I learned so much this weekend I had to write it all down to make sure I don't forget anything. Best part of the weekend though, was accomplishing my final goal for the season. Before the season, I came up with 3 goals. 1) Win a B Game. 2) Win my way to the A's. 3) Finish the season in the top 100. Have been ranked 103 for my last 3 games, and couldn't move up. One last chance to hit the goal. Improved on 3 events, including a 2 foot improvement on sheaf. Now ranked 93. Had a great weekend, hung out with a great group of guys, learned a ton, and proved to myself that I can step up and throw big when I need it. Couldn't ask for a better spring board going into offseason. Going to take a week off to recover, spend time with the wife, and enjoy the accomplishments of the year. After that week it all gets put on the shelf and its time to get to work.....
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/14 at 8:24pm
Excellent work.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:09am
FWIW I am really proud of you Hudd.  You planned your work and worked your plan.  Take the time you need to get your wheels back underneath you and remember the real victories, the ones we remember anyway, are almost never about trophies or medals.

Good work.
The man in the arena.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/14 at 8:22am
I appreciate it fellas. It means a lot that so many great guys always have your back. Its what makes this sport really cool. 
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/14 at 9:14am
Took some time off after Celtober, needed to let the body rest and heal up some nagging stuff. And the wife surprised me with a trip to Vegas for my birthday, so had to recover from that a little as well.

Starting a new program today, first couple of weeks are going to be submaximal and just focused on technique and increasing speed on the bar.

Squat:
5 x 5 w/ 135. 1 count pause and explode up

Hang Snatch:
4 x 10 w/ the bar. Working on exploding up and sitting into the squat

High Pulls:
4 x 10 w/ 95. Fire hips and pull high (to the forehead)

Abs:
3 x 10

Nice and easy. Got a little sweaty, good first day back.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/14 at 7:45am
Got some light accessory work today.

Shoulder raise/crucible hold
3 x 10

Incline bench with rouge log
4 x 10

Incline DB Bench
4 x 10

Flat DB Bench
3 x 10

Nice and easy, got the blood flowing and got out.

Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 12:33pm

Crossfit 11/11/14

Warm-up:
5 burpess
10 sit-ups
15 air squats

Workout: McGhee
20 AMRAP
5 x deadlift (275lbs)
13 pushups
9 24in box jumps

Gym today:
3 x 10 paused box squats
3 x 6 squat hang cleans
3 x 10 paused bench press

Still working on moving the bar faster and exploding out from a paused position
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/14 at 9:16am
Crossfit last night
Warm-up: 2 rounds
500m row
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 air squats

Workout: Ass & Abs Annie
50 walking lunges
50 situps
40 lunges
40 situps
30 lunges
30 situps
20 lunges
20 situps
10 lunges
10 situps

Gym this morning:
Seated DB Snatch
Seated DB clean
Incline DB press
DB front raise-crucible hold-front raise
All were 4 x 10, really light weight. Was told today that next week we will start progressively getting heavier. Really looking forward to this, starting to feel like I'm getting my mobility back and ready to start getting after it.
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:11am
Training 11/17:

Squat 4 x 10
Clean 4 x 6
RDL 4 x 10

Crossfit 11/17:
3 x 3 snatch
4 x 5 squat

12 min AMRAP
Handstand hold x 60 sec
50 split jumps
500m row

Training 11/18:
3 x 10 crucifix hold
4 x 15 Incline DB press
4 x 10 DB bench
4 x 10 Seated log press
4 x 10 Hammer curls
Hudd10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudd10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/14 at 8:19am
Crossfit

Warm-up:
2 x 500m row with 2.5 min break in between
2 rounds
30sec L Hang
30sec superman stretch

Workout:

15 C & J w/ 95lbs
5 rounds of Cindy
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 air squats

10 C & J
4 rounds of Cindy

5 C & J
3 rounds of Cindy

This had a 30 minute time cap, so at least I could look forward to being done in 30 minutes. Came up with a plan to chip away at this one and just got after it. Tough, but starting to tell that I'm starting to adapt to this a little. Finally.... Finished in 27:32.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic