Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TACS 56# Weight Raffle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/14 at 3:22am
Congrats to JD.
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/14 at 12:02pm
Congratulations JD. It's a beautiful weight. One of these days I'm going to buy me a 42 lb.
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/14 at 8:34pm
Maybe we will do another raffle . . .

Just have to work around PayPal's inhibitions.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/14 at 2:37pm
Yes, that would be cool.
Jim Dougherty

mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/30/14 at 4:35pm
what about something like selling a TACS sticker for $7, the purchase of which gets you entry in a free drawing?
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 9:12am
That sounds like it would work.
Jim Dougherty

vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

what about something like selling a TACS sticker for $7, the purchase of which gets you entry in a free drawing?
i want 20.
jammin on the one.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 2:01pm
Mike get another Rally going. A fork, a 16 or 20 lbs sheaf, even hammer spikes would be a great draw depending on the donation price.
Jim Dougherty

mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 3:24pm
JVG    

There's room for more than 20 on the Sprinter
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 3:32pm
I will happily put up a set of hammer blades for your next prize, if you want.  I have the tooling all set up in the metal shop to run a set of 1/4" thick x 2" wide stepped or set angle blades in whatever size the winner wants. 

Not as fancy as Mike's stuff, but they sure don't grow on trees.

Gauntlet down.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 3:33pm
Challenge accepted...

I'll do a fork.
The man in the arena.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 3:35pm
Noice!

All right Captain Dickens.  The prize(s) are on the table.  Set the course as you see fit.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 3:44pm
picardwin
The man in the arena.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/14 at 9:45pm
Wow!!  Thanks guys!

We really are working hard to start something unique here that we believe will grow the sport and the highland games festivals, too.  Baby steps.  But, we are making progress.  We will have some big announcements coming out over the offseason.

I will PM you guys and figure out the details.

The SGL and TACS thank you.

Good thing I picked up a hundred of these dudes today:

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/14 at 11:07pm
Quick follow up on the SGL/TACS Landrich 56# Raffle:  Here is a pic of the raffle winner, JD Jaffe.  He's on the East coast and is an Am.  He said he doesn't have a set of implements, so he is really happy to finally have a 56 to practice with.

Congrats to JD!

agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:58am
Awesome! Great guy. As you can probably tell by the collar, Father Jaffe doesn't have many weekends free. But he comes out every year to the VSG. Maybe this will encourage him to find one or two more free Saturdays.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/14 at 1:10pm
Don't forget we have a new rally for a fork and hammer blades. I never liked my old fork. I need a giant spoon too for my Corn Flakes.

Congratulations Father. You can convert some souls with that weight.

Jim Dougherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic