FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TACS 56# Weight Raffle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TACS 56# Weight Raffle
    Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:54pm
Yes, we're at it again.

We are raffling off a Landrich made "rhombodecahedron" 56 pound weight, donated by Duncan McCallum,  which can be used for Distance or for Weight Over Bar.  56 pound heavyweights typically sell for $150 dollars or more.  Take advantage of this raffle to get a shot at adding to your games inventory while supporting the Scottish Heavy Events in Texas.

Each $5 donation equals one entry into the raffle.  Yes, you can win a 56# heavyweight for only $5!

Raffle site:  TACS 56# Weight Raffle

Chad Ullom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Ullom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 6:26am
I'm in! Got the DVD's btw, thank you. They are great!
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 7:41am
I'm in as well
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 8:04am
If I win this hoss of a weight the Texas boys will be throwing a pink sparkly weight for distance, just saying!
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 9:34am
I'm in as well, even though I'm not a Texan.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 2:34pm
This is news to Mike Dickens. I didn't tell him I'd do this, but I'm in a good mood, so....

To sweeten the pot...If a Masters class athlete wins and wants a 42 instead, I'll have Dickens send me the 56 and I'll send a 42 in the color of your choice. If a woman wins and wants implements to throw, I'll have Mike ship me the 56 and I'll ship you a rhombicuboctahedron 14 and a sphere LH.

Get your entries in.

BTW  Full price on that implement is $200 +S&H, so $5 is a bargain
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 3:14pm
Mike, you rock!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 3:20pm
Mikes the man! Always trying to hook a brother( or sis) up....class act and he makes nice weights!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
The Queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by mike landrich mike landrich wrote:

To sweeten the pot...If a Masters class athlete wins and wants a 42 instead, I'll have Dickens send me the 56 and I'll send a 42 in the color of your choice. If a woman wins and wants implements to throw, I'll have Mike ship me the 56 and I'll ship you a rhombicuboctahedron 14 and a sphere LH.

The chance to win a 56llb. for $5 was good enough reason for me pay up, but now it's even a better deal!
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrittneyBoswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/13/14 at 3:51pm
BOOM!

Get your entries in, folks!
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/17/14 at 6:02pm
Where do I enter and when is the deadline?
I'm just an idiot, pretending to be smart.
BKetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/17/14 at 6:27pm
JSiau to enter, the link is at the top of the thread. Thanks for your interest!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

BJ Ketchem
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/14 at 10:12am
Im in. This deal is too good to pass up. 40 days left and only $5 away from goal.
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/14 at 4:35pm
So, the question has been asked if the raffle will close once the goal is reached. 

No.  The stated goal was the minimum we hoped to raise.  Clearly, we will accept as many donations as possible to help fund the organization and promote the games.

So, please, keep submitting donations and entering for you chance to win the implement!

Thank you for your support!!
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/14 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by phatmiked phatmiked wrote:

So, the question has been asked if the raffle will close once the goal is reached. 

No.  The stated goal was the minimum we hoped to raise.  Clearly, we will accept as many donations as possible to help fund the organization and promote the games.

So, please, keep submitting donations and entering for you chance to win the implement!

Thank you for your support!!

Good to know, thanks Big Mike. I'm going to keep entering to increase my chances of winning. So if you guys out there want a chance you better enter. New goal, $300. I owe you just for the advice you give me at meets.
Jim Dougherty

Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/14 at 6:19pm
Now we are on our way to $300.
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/24/14 at 11:48am
Thanks for the support Jim.

Below is a picture of the LPS 56 on a postal scale.  It weighs in at 56 lbs 7.5 oz. 

Don't forget Mike's generous offer to exchange the 56# for a 42# or a 14# and a LH for the ladies.

Get your entries in!!

TACS 56# Weight Raffle

BenEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/14 at 2:28am
I just paid for 2 entries in the raffle. That is an awesome implement! I will be able to enter the Masters comps next May. So I'll go with that option if I am lucky enough to win. Will definitely be checking back here to see who wins it.
http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/14 at 3:21pm
If whoever wins it, and keeps the 56, is worried about the extra 7 ounces, I'll send you a d or teardrop handle that will get you down much closer to 56# even. The weight originally had a d handle when I shipped it to Duncan. He later got the stainless full ring that it now sports, but that added a few ounces
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/14 at 3:56pm
You're a great guy Mike. Save your breath. I'm going to win and I want a 42LB (or there abouts). : )
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 9:29am
There are still 23 days left to get your entry in! Don't miss out on your chance to pick up a 56# Weight (or a 42, or a Ladies 14# and LH) for $5.

Here's another picture of the LPS 56 pounder.   That is a classic Bobby Dodd 56 next to it.  As you can see, the LPS is pretty compact for a 56.  Should fly farther, right?

Get your entries in:  TACS 56# Weight Raffle

eclarkhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclarkhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 10:37am
Nice! I'm in :)
Highland Games 40+ Masters Competitor &
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Purple Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/14 at 12:29am
I'm going to buy a few more entries next paycheck. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:39pm
I checked the raffle site and it says "finished." Does that mean someone won it already, or am I just jumping the gun?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:45pm
Did I mention I want the 42lb WFD?   
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:46pm
I think Mike is on his way back from Scotland. He is a World Champion now. Congrats Mike.
Jim Dougherty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/14 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Moosie Moosie wrote:

I think Mike is on his way back from Scotland. He is a World Champion now. Congrats Mike.

Thanks man. I'm not trying to be a pest about it. Congrats Mike!
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/14 at 3:03pm
****UPDATE****

We have ended the 56# Raffle a little early.  Apparently PayPal, which handles transactions for RallyMe, isn't comfortable handling funds associated with a raffle.  In some places a raffle is considered gambling.

Ironically, Rally Me didn't care at all.   LOL  They even stated that many of their members have done rallies.

So, we have shut down the rally on Rally Me.  But, if anyone is interested in submitting a last minute entry, PM me and we will make arrangements to make it happen.

The last day of the modified raffle will be Saturday, 27 Sep.  The drawing will be held on Sunday, 28 Sep.

Thank you all for your support!  The raffle has clearly been a huge success.  I'm looking forward to seeing someone win this weight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/19/14 at 2:39pm
Good luck to everyone who bought tickets! 
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/28/14 at 7:46pm
The moment everyone on this board has been waiting for with bated breath.

The winner of the LPS 56# weight is . . . LPS 56# Raffle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic