FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

LINKED OUT?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINKED OUT?
    Posted: 9/03/14 at 1:35pm
Today I was sent a screenshot of a very naughty linked in profile. 

How very naughty? 

Well the very naughty profile showed somebody claiming to be Vice President of an organisation for a number of years BEFORE that organisation actually existed.

I mean really..... 2000.... give me a break.

Can I suggest that anybody involved in staging Highland Games who has a linked in profile checks the accuracy of the information that they are supplying.

I am sure that it was just a slip of the keyboard.

Any other explaination would involve a well deserved spell on the very naughty step

A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/14 at 1:45pm
I often wonder if it ever gets old being cryptic and vague, and not having the stones to just say what you mean or call out a specific person.  Especially when that person doesn't even post on this board (and never has, assuming you're talking about Francis).   

I suspect it would, but then I think that I clearly have to be wrong, 'cause here we are again.  
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/14 at 3:03pm
I prefer to let people work these things out for themselves. 

It amuses my sources anyway.

A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/14 at 4:55pm

and this guy is the AD of a Highland Games......

Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/03/14 at 5:10pm
Actually it's two this year Jay... Inverness and ... the biggest in history... MWC2014.

Which is why people claiming credit for other people's work isn't something I take lightly.

I know how hard David Webster and the other AD's worked to deliver a number of World Championships which are suddenly being "claimed".

Remember - any time I post anything which is actually incorrect - I will immediately and unreservedly apologise. Just try to focus on the difference between right and wrong mate.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic