Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

last year as A.D. of smoky mtn highland games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: last year as A.D. of smoky mtn highland games
    Posted: 11/03/14 at 6:10pm
Well, this spring will most likely be my last year as AD of smoky mtn games. I've asked britton Leitch to take over.

Ive tried to remain neutral all these years and have all kinds of athletes and judges come from everywhere to my games. I love this sport, every since I seen it on late night espn and live at Gatlinburg in '01 and started competing in late '06.

I know last year wasn't the best I could put on. Sheaf towers were a disaster, no cage for hammer, not big enough throwing field (which was out of my hands). I do the majority of this myself, I do have help, but mostly myself.

Its stressful, but worth it when ya hear its their best games, etc. But also kinda irritating when someone complains about the weather, how badly organized it is, how bad equipment is, and shirts are (well I hope to remedy that this yr with help of Megan Zerfas and Perry Pruitt) blah blah blah.

I wish i had more money to put in stuff, but I dont in my budget due to judges ans pros( which we have to have and which the games board wants pros). I wish I had the money to give everybody a kick arse goody bag ( my boy Chad Clark does a great job) was told to my face I needed to step up my game on that part... I'd love to as well... heck i love to give rooms and travel money as just a participation award..but I can't.

As an AD, and others can vouch... alot of $ comes out of our pockets to help put these games on, whether out getting sponors, cutting cabers, etc. If I win the lottery between now and then, watchout itll be a highland games theyll talk about for years.

I try to remain neutral on highland politics, but sometimes that stirs up shite too. So whatever..

Hope to see y'all on field soon as a judge or in spring as AD..or who knows as AD of game in Brazil.

Slainte
CLAN DAVE FOREVER!
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/14 at 6:33pm
Bean, you rock, sir. It'll be sad to see you go.
butterbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/14 at 7:06pm
Thanks smashius, ill definitely miss it
and all athletes and judges.

Bean
CLAN DAVE FOREVER!
butterbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/14 at 7:07pm
But the future of games will be in good hands.
CLAN DAVE FOREVER!
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/14 at 7:43pm
Britton is sharp, and the rest of the TSF (Andrew, Davey, Jason, Josh, Kevin, etc.) all know what they are doing.  I think you are leaving it in good hands.

Some of my best highland games experiences so far include you Bean, so you better stick around at least a little.

Good luck on your current southern endeavor.  Princess Kimberly caught me up the last time I saw her and Chad.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
celtuckian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celtuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/14 at 3:12pm
Bean, I hate to see you step down, but I can certainly understand the frustration you go through to put on these games.  You were always a gracious host and AD.  Best of luck, sir.  You will be missed.
Brian Ely
"Well, throwing harder didn't work" - T. Brazewell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic