Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Newbie in Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjolnirsmight14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie in Michigan
    Posted: 1/05/15 at 11:46am
I've been going to Highland Games since I was a kid and with the prodding of a few friends, would like to get involved with the throwing competitions. Anybody know of some groups in Michigan that I could get in touch with for training and to help show me the ropes?

I'm located in mid-Michigan, but wouldn't mind driving to get some first hand experience. Thanks guys.

croot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:06pm
Did you ever find somebody to help you out?  I am just getting started in Lansing and would love to get in touch with somebody with some experience.< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
BU88A.GROTH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU88A.GROTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/06/17 at 10:46pm
I'm in the Metro Detroit area. Looking to meet some people to train with. I'm new to this as well.
asooneyeonig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/17 at 4:00pm
Look up Nate Parker. He is out of Alma, MI.
cemcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/17 at 8:06am
Does anyone know if there are trainers I can contact in Michigan that would be able to help me get started in this process?
BU88A.GROTH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU88A.GROTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/17 at 8:11am
Nate Parker is doing a clinic May 6th in Alma. I won't be able to attend but it seems like a great group of people going. What part of MI are you from?
cemcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/17 at 8:23am
I tried to find information on Nate Parker or how to contact him and I couldn't find anything. Is there a link that I could sign up for the clinic?
I'm from Southeastern MI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:06am
I am the logistics guy behind these clinics.

here is the registration page:
http://www.makthrowers.com/dnn/Clinics.aspx

here is the FB event page as well:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1348824815163317/

feel free to message me directly at: josh@makthrowers.com
chuck fury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck fury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:05am
I just started training myself I have no idea what I'm doing but I do live in Macomb County

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:20am
well  come on down and join us. if need be i can spend one on one time with you while Nate handles the group and runs them through drills.
Greg Pilling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Pilling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/17 at 7:55pm
John Pilling is in Saginaw as well and would be a good resource for getting started.
Greg Pilling
Blevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/17 at 2:08pm
Hey all! A couple of months ago I was at a strength training clinic and the instructors set up a small highland games competition on the last day. Lots of fun and I'd like to try it out next season. I'm in mid-Michigan and looking for like-minded muscleheads to train with.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/17 at 2:17pm
I will reach out to the people I know in that area and see who I can find to help. What city are you in so I can tell them?
Blevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/17 at 2:59pm
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm in East Lansing.
Blevin
Dr. Francois View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Francois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/18 at 8:08am
I'm getting started training in Okemos.  Anyone in the area still monitoring this discussion?
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
Blevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/13/18 at 7:50am
Great to hear, Doc.  I'm just lifting now since I have lots of snow in my yard.  I'll send a PM and see if we can do some training.
Blevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic