Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Games for 2015?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Games for 2015?
    Posted: 2/03/15 at 1:37pm
Hi ADs out there,

The 2015 games calendar seems to be very empty so far. While some of my normal favorites are listed, other significant ones I usually attend are still absent.

KC Scottish Festival? Wichita? KC Backyard Games? McPherson? Warrensburg, MO (new to me last year)?

I'm just trying to get started figuring out my season.

Thanks to all you fabulous ADs, without whom, we could not have this much fun throwing heavy stuff <g>!
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
Hoss44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/15 at 8:55pm
Noticed the same thing....maybe I just have Spring fever
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
- 13th Warrior
Hoss44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/15/15 at 9:28am
Hello everyone, We are starting the planning for the 2015 highland games that will be held June 13th and 14th, 2015. Please continue to follow our page for upcoming details about the games and pub nights that we will be having to support the games.

From the Kansas City Scottish Highland Games & Celtic Festival facebook page...just FYI

The fourth annual Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival will take place on April 18th - 19th, 2015 in conjunction with The Great Plains Renaissance Festival held in our traditional location in Sedgwick County Park.

From Wichita Highland Games & Celtic Festival facebook page...

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
- 13th Warrior
JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/15/15 at 5:32pm
I would normally have my games on the list (I know mine if fairly minor in the scheme of things) but the problem I'm running into is that there are MORE AND MORE games to go to.  While I initially saw this as a good thing....a GREAT thing...I am now concerned as I see the athletes having to make choices.  I have had to move mine repeatedly because new games have come in and taken my date with no regard, or I get sandwiched between games, or they move the games year to year, or the fact that I have to work around the local calendar (our town is dominated by a University and homecoming, parents weekend have to be avoided or I have no hotel rooms). 

So, bottom line, I am beginning to get worried we are becoming victims of our own success.  If you are starting a new games, GOOD FOR YOU!  I applaud you.  But try and work with established games and be considerate.  It will only help us grow in my opinion. 

Thom Van Vleck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic