FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Masters Women's weight for distance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masters Women's weight for distance
    Posted: 2/21/15 at 7:04pm
Hey-

While we're at it, lets talk about the 28 for distance for a moment.

Here's a little background on women's 28 for distance at the MWC.

Historical Top throws at MWC w/28WFD:

2013 Laura Reusser 41'
2003 Terri James 38' 1" 
2005 Terri James 37' 9.5"
2004 Terri James 36' 2.25"
2012 Laura Reusser 35' 8"
2013 Michaela Pennekamp 34' 8"
2014 Laura Reusser 34' 1"
2013 Erica Hay 33' 10"
2013 Mona Malec 33' 0.5"
2006 Denise Houseman  32' 8.75"
2014 Melanie Mellinger 32' 3.5"
2012 Michaela Pennekamp 31' 8.5"
2013 Shawna Mendelson 31' 4"
2010 Terri Ventress 30.39'
2010 Karyn Dallimore 30.28'
2008 Denise Houseman 30' 8.5"
2007 Karyn Dallimore 30' 7"
2008 Terri Ventress 30' 5"
2014 Erica Hay 30' 0.25"

So, we have had 80 individual performances since MWC 2003 (women's first year) with the 28 weight and these women above combined have thrown over 30' nineteen different times. That's nearly a 1 of 4 of all the attempts are good throws >30' and only one really great throw >40'.

Since I was the AD for the MWC 2003 SPI, I was proud to be the first AD to host and award a Women's Division Masters World Championship trophy and arrange for the first Women's Championship Ring to be given to the first Champion Terri James. I was also the first AD to record an impressive Women's record 38' 1" with the 28 for distance. In fact, Terri's record stood for over a decade until MWC 2013 when Champion Laura Reusser blew up the field with a 41' throw. Both Champions Laura and Erica should be back again this year and it will be exciting to see if Laura can repeat or if Erica can catch her and go over 40'. So, I'm very reluctant to make any changes that would diminish the achievements of Champions Terri James or Laura Reusser and I can only hope that Erica will join them and also throw over 40'.

Last year, we added the W45-49 division and this year we add W40<155 and these new divisions, along with to the W50+ will use all the 21 lb for distance and height. Only the W40-44 will use the 28 lb for distance and height because we have long established MWC records with the 28 and it would be wrong to take away Laura or Erica's chances to set another respectable record with the heavy weight for distance.

-K 

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/15 at 11:53pm
Good stuff Kevin....Terri actually threw the 28 wfd better in 2005-7( years that she wasn't at MWC) hitting 42 feet in over 10 games@45 years of age( no doubt being pushed by young studette athletes like Kate Mason,and Lacy Johnston ) topping out at 44-7 at the Altamont games...Terri and I have never met Erica Hay( great person/athlete from what I hear) but have met Laura at a few games and think she is way capable of throwing some huge 28 bombs this year!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 8:13am
One girl on that list(40-44) that has a shot to destroy Lauras mark is Beth Burton. See she threw the 28 over 40 feet in like 8 games last year
JUST BRING IT /

Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:44am
Kevin,

It's time to standardize the 21# HWD/WOB for all women's age/weight classes at MWC, beginning this year. Failing to do so puts SMAI in violation of its own published rules (21 Jan 2015) stating the following:

“SMAI shall not adopt any practice, policy or procedure which would result in discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, national origin, religion or creed.”

Maintaining the current double standard whereby women age 40-44 must use a 28# weight for the HWD and WOB while any and all other women’s categories use the 21# weight results in discrimination on the basis of both age and sex. Master’s men in all age and weight categories throw the only the 42# weight for those two events.

Most Highland Games events for master’s women in North America define the class as beginning at age 40, the same as with men. In doing so, they have used the 21# weight for HWD/WOB whenever it was available. Unfortunately, master’s women age 40-44 who have thrown the 21# in HWD/WOB have not been able to set world records in these events because SMAI has not recognized or maintained world records for the 21# HWD/WOB. In contrast, master’s men have not had to suffer any similar exclusion from SMAI’s world records with the 42# weight.

We understand that 28# HWD/WOB was the only thing available in 2003; we respect those performances. Records set with the 28# weight in HWD/WOB by women age 40-44 should be now be retired to allow new records tracked by SMAI to be set with the 21# weight. The 28# records can be turned over to AGM who tracks the other world records (e.g. 56# WOB for men's masters).

Times have changed: master's women surveyed both in 2013 and now overwhelmingly agree that the 21# HWD/WOB should begin at age 40 for women just as the 42# weight begins at age 40 for men.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:50am
Teresa, if anything( and being one of the biggest supporters of women athletes) I think it should be 28 straight across the board for all women but myself and my training partner say throw whatever they put in front of you...why keep trying to buck Kevins good work..just roll with it and throw
JUST BRING IT /

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:59am
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Teresa, if anything( and being one of the biggest supporters of women athletes) I think it should be 28 straight across the board for all women but myself and my training partner say throw whatever they put in front of you...why keep trying to buck Kevins good work..just roll with it and throw

1) Kevin posted the topic first.

2) If you believe that master's men should throw the 56# HWD/WOB, then it certainly makes sense to keep 28# HWD/WOB for master's men. But that's not how it is. Men throw 42# HWD/WOB beginning at age 40, no matter the age or weight category. Master's women should be able to throw the 21# HWD/WOB at MWC just as they are doing at most of the other games in North America whenever the weight is available. Many of us have acquired our own 21# weight and ADs are happy to let master's women throw it when we bring it. Interestingly, at KC Scottish Festival last year, there were more master's women throwing than open women.    
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
iugirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iugirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 10:40am
I support going to the 21# weight for women masters beginning at age 40, as the men go to the lighter weight at age 40.  I suppose if the support for utilizing the 28# weight is what is stated above, then an argument can be made by NOT going to the 21#it  is somehow "penalizing" or affecting those who might ultimately throw a record in that weight.  

Additionally, I AM incredibly grateful to all who have brought the MWC, and Highland Games, so such a level of participation and recognition.  Putting on major events is truly a thankless proposition, as I have seen firsthand, also.  So, please keep in mind my opinion about the weight is not a criticism.  It is not a personal attack on anyone.  It is my opinion, and "vote", so to speak.  I am thrilled with having found this sport and all the amazing people in it, many whom have become friends.   

The change has been called for, and has been supported by the majority of 40+ women masters in several different "polls" and votes taken by various participants and throwers throughout the country. 

Having said all of this, I will throw what I am given, and enjoy the day.  
No good deed goes unpunished.
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 12:10pm
Kevin you opened the door when you changed to the 21 for some masters women....all Masters Men throw the 42# HWFD.... Proportionately the women should ALL throw the same weight... that would be the 21#
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 1:42pm
Kevin gave the reason why he is trying to keep this intact we all understand that it is not done maliciously but passionately with real emotion. I can't see discrimination after understanding the reasoning that went in to the decision. He is trying to keep a tradition intact. I also see how one can see that not changing over to the 21 for all classes seems to be a slight to the women in the 40 class. This is what bothers me is that the women who he is protecting won't speak up outside of one who was referenced in this thread, Kevin is left holding the bag trying to protect a few. I'm sure if he got the nod from those women maybe we could let go of this issue. Records will be set either way with the 21 and the 28 the 21's should fly farther in most cases for most throwers. Your never going to make everyone happy all the time, everyone please don't spin this out as some sort of conspiricy theory or attack on Kevin. He does a hard and thankless job and he is underfire all the time, I would never have thought that this masters worlds thing would have been going on as long as it has especially after you go from 2003 to what ever that was in 2004. Kevin I get it, sorry I haven't been so supportive of you in the past, but OR. really pissed me off, I guess I'm letting it go. Take care brother and hopefully this can get resolved with out bloodshed and further BS. 

Edited by Soul Eater - 2/22/15 at 2:31pm
Terri J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Terri J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 2:43pm
Dan pointed this thread out to me and I wanted to put my .02 in....first off was honored to go,compete,and win the 1st womens class at MWC and not only appreciate the opportunity given to me by Kevin to showcase my talents but the effort he put in making the MWC such a great event. While my days of slinging the 28 over 40 feet are over,if he decided to have the 50+ women throw the 28 I would! At the end of the day the farthest throw wins and I train my butt off to be there whether it be a 14,21,28, heck even a 42 I would throw..it is called HEAVY EVENTS. Do I like throwing the 21- it's ok,but the 28 is fine also..whatever Kevin puts out there I will throw! While life and kids growing up got in the way of going to other MWCs I haven't stopped throwing and plan on throwing heavy things far on 9/26 and 27. I can honestly say I am a fan of bill Scruggs,Kevin Rogers,and the whole MWC brand and hope they get the recognition they deserve for all there hard work!
iugirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iugirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 4:37pm
Hear, hear, SoulEater....records will be set either way.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Beth B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:05pm
I look forward to taking a crack at the records set with the 28# and I respect the work that Terri, Laura and Erica have done to set them. See you in St. Louis :D
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 5:59am
So, look-

In my life, I've been called rude and arrogant, a sexist and a hard-ass, a baby-killer and causing cancer, and even a Nazi, ... but now Teresa says that my decision to use the 28 for the weight for distance is like slavery. That's a new one for me. Slavery ... just imagine that. That's what she thinks.

She even says that its unjust and discrimination to let the women throw the 28 at Worlds.

I hope that most women don't follow her down that hole into her fantasy land.

Rather than convince me that the 28 is too heavy for women, she is determined to convince me that its discrimination. Let me just say it again, we disagree.

I do not abide by the hair-brained theory being proposed that the 28 is too heavy for women. And comparing our traditions for the MWC with slavery is simply a moment in a unhinged mind.

-K
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:24am
bwhahahahahahahahhaahhaha, such crusades. 

But that "half of everything" theory that people seem to like, shouldn't the "LW" women's class be 100lbs then?  Cause I'll tell you what, 150lbs, or whatever it currently is, completely absurd considering many of the best women past and present weighed right around that.  Different discussion for a different day I suppose. 

I might come to St. Louis just to hang out at this point.   
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:55am
Craig-

It would be good to see you again. Drop by and I'll share some of my mead. See what all the fuss is about. Its really good.

-K
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 12:33pm
Beth-

I'll bring another bottle or two of my homemade mead to STL to give to any woman who throws over 40' with the 28lb weight.

My mead is a Minnesota-honey wine blended with some sweet California Merlot and its tasty. I call it the Rough Rooster.    

Good luck in your training,

-K
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 12:53pm
By the way-

I named this mead in honor of my Great Grandfather Willey's favorite rooster "Shorty". 

My great grandad ran all the Cock-Fighting in this region and the ol'man won enough with his little Shorty to pay off his home mortgage.

The legend of the Rough Rooster lives on. 

-K

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by K Rogers K Rogers wrote:

So, look-

In my life, I've been called rude and arrogant, a sexist and a hard-ass, a baby-killer and causing cancer, and even a Nazi, ... but now Teresa says that my decision to use the 28 for the weight for distance is like slavery. That's a new one for me. Slavery ... just imagine that. That's what she thinks.

She even says that its unjust and discrimination to let the women throw the 28 at Worlds.

I hope that most women don't follow her down that hole into her fantasy land.

Rather than convince me that the 28 is too heavy for women, she is determined to convince me that its discrimination. Let me just say it again, we disagree.

I do not abide by the hair-brained theory being proposed that the 28 is too heavy for women. And comparing our traditions for the MWC with slavery is simply a moment in a unhinged mind.

-K

Kevin,

It's sad that you have resorted to personal attacks ("unhinged mind") and name calling. The facts are the facts:

1) You were the one who first published the rules of SMAI, stating the following:

“SMAI shall not adopt any practice, policy or procedure which would result in discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, national origin, religion or creed.”

2) So far, you have not refuted the fact that the current practice/policy of maintaining the 28# HWD/WOB for W40-44 while all other women’s categories use the 21# weight results in discrimination on the basis of both age and sex. All men's categories, regardless of age and body weight, use the same HWD/WOB--42#.

3) Essentially you're saying that you can pick and choose to continue whatever practices, policies, or procedures you wish, even if they violate the rules you published for SMAI as an organization, as long as you are upholding tradition or have some other well-intentioned motivation.

4) A tradition of only 12 years pales in comparison to many other longer-standing "traditions" in history that have existed to justify discrimination. Slavery was simply an extreme example of upholding tradition.

5) Master's age women who wish to break records with the 28# HWD/WOB can do so in any HG by entering the women's open division and having their age and performance certified by the judge or AD and sending info to AGM. If SMAI is not tracking world records in the 56# HWD/WOB set by master's men, then AGM can do so for both master's men throwing 56# HWD/WOB (he currently lists 56# WOB) and master's women throwing 28# HWD/WOB. The elite athletes will set a high standard with the 21# HWD/WOB as well.

6) You posted your analysis of the 28# weight performance first, inviting comment. If you're using a 30'-plus HWD throw as a threshold to decide "heavy", a much greater percentage of men throw 30'-plus in the 42# HWD at MWC than women throw 30'-plus in the 28#. Your stats mentioned 1 in 4 for the women: 25%. My count for the same age groups in men (M40-44, M45-49, and M<200 40-49)for just MWC 2013 and 2014 shows that 62% to 76% of them threw 30'-plus. Unless you're planning to return to the 56# HWD for the men age 40-44, it's clear that the 28# HWD for the master's women as a whole doesn't produce a performance equivalent to the 42# HWD for master's men of the same age.

7) Again, I'm disappointed that you felt you had to attack me personally, especially since I have nothing to gain from a change on this issue at MWC. I'm pointing out the discrepancy between what you have published--SMAI non-discrimination rule--and what you are doing--keeping the 28# HWD/WOB for W40-44 instead of using the 21#, while the men use the 42# for all age/weight classes.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 2:58pm
Teresa-

I'm disappointed that you are claiming discrimination in the way I've hosted women's events. I only helped start the first one and then I helped expand the women's division after that. I've provided space and equipment and did all the score keeping; I've cut the cabers and loaded them and offered to let the women use them. I've done nothing at all to keep women from participation in MWC - except in your mind.

I'm not arguing about the men's weights. I'm not comparing with the men's weights. That obviously doesn't' matter to me. The point is moot.

I see nothing wrong with using the 28 and I'm tired of your claim that its my fault somehow that you think the 28 is too heavy.

-K
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:00pm
Teresa-

You are aware that the cabers will be heavy too, right?

-K
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:13pm
hahahahahhahahahahaha

+1 to men =! women
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:17pm
Teresa-

I might have more sympathy for your pleadings if it were still 2003, but its not.

We proved in May 2003 that a Masters age woman could throw a 28 lb weight over 38' in competition. I was impressed and that set a standard for the women's division. Today, the record is over 40' and that's how records work.

There is enough evidence for me to know that it's okay to use the 28 and we've proved again each summer since then. Zero Fatalities.

You don't even throw the 28 and yet you feel the need to keep harping on me. Please quit.

-K

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:22pm
Craig, Myles and I will be their you should come by and we will have dinner and some laughs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:17pm
Kevin just so you know my wife is laughing her ass off, and She says that it's nice to see some one point out where we have been and people should stop whinning about what they dont have yet, and realize what they have gained through the effort and support of people like you. And she has 20+ years of looking back and says boy we have come a long way, and she said she would throw what ever you put in front of her. 

rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Sammy68123 Sammy68123 wrote:

1) You were the one who first published the rules of SMAI, stating the following:

Sooo...based on this interpretation of the rule, shouldn't the MWC be scrapped all together??? Based on this interpretation of the rule isn't it age discrimination to not allow a < 40 year old to throw in the MWC???
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 6:29am
Originally posted by K Rogers K Rogers wrote:

Teresa-

You are aware that the cabers will be heavy too, right?

-K
OMG-that was pricelessClapClapClapClap
JUST BRING IT /

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Soul Eater Soul Eater wrote:

Craig, Myles and I will be their you should come by and we will have dinner and some laughs.

I'm giving this serious consideration Kel, especially if it fits my schedule. 

I guess it's just bad luck that it's not two weeks later, cause then I could compete there Big smile
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 8:03am
Random thoughts:

--------------------------------
Not sure why this thread was started as it seems to serve no purpose.

--------------------------------

T&F Weight throw - men's record is 25.86m; women's record is 25.56m Women throw the 20lb to men's 35lb implement

Highland games HWFD - women have broken the 50' barrier, men haven't

Hard to make an argument that the implement is to light

--------------------
Over the years of reading this board, many top throwers (recent masters) have stated something on the line that throwing the 42 is like throwing a heavy light weight -- not challenging -- how far did Vierra chuck that thing?

Sort of makes the same point that lowering the masters weight at age 40 is to soon, well at least for championships

But if I recall correctly, when MWC was out east, the AD wanted to have them throw the 56lb -- which was meet by a load outcry.

It also seems that most men look forward to throwing the 42lb

------------------

From a debate point of view:  For throwers who want the 21lb weight, why have they not kept track of the throws? w/out doing this, you relinquish the records argument. 

---------------

Why do people keep looking for this organization to change?  They run a championship and keep records, they do not sanction masters events, they do not put forth throwing rules, they do not invitee people to a championship were they have a stake in how masters events run, ....

From a debate point of view: By bringing this issue up, does this not legitimizing their role as the entente that defines the masters class?   Is this really what you want?

----------------------

The simple fact that number of masters at most games are small and they can not run 5 yr age groupings (although some run 10 year age groupings).  This is doubly true for women masters, 

Thus, an AD is either going to run masters women using the 21 or the 28 as they have only one class --- it seems that the 21 is winning out 

------------------------

I contest the 21 lb implement, I have not heard comments for moving back to the 28 --- If I ran the 28, I probably would have some arguments for the 21

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 9:56am
What's up with all of the complaining about the weight being too heavy? This is a strongman/woman sport. We should be throwing tings that are difficult to throw.
Look at the hwfd throws for women and men. The top 50 women throw the 28 about 10% farther than the top 50 AM men throw the 56. That would indicate that the 28 is too light and should be increased by 10% to 31 pounds yet no one is arguing that point. I say let's toughen up.
There was a comment that said that the amount of women entering MWC has grown because the 21 was allowed last year. Not true. The men's classes have grown and we haven't dropped weights.
By the way In my neck of the woods the 21 was seldom used until last year it was used in a few games.
Again this is a Strongman/woman sport. If you are a woman that is 98# soaking wet maybe you should try another sport or get stronger.
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:12pm
Wow.

Mud slinging, hair pulling, eye gouging, and the good old groin kicks!!!!

Maybe the next reality show on TV.... "Highland Games Capers" (See what I did there? :))

Question from the newb.

1. What is the governing body for these games?

2. What are the rules regarding the implements for those games?

Why not just stick to whatever the rules/charter states?
Even a broken old man can learn to throw a hammer. I ain't dead yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic