FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

MWC 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MWC 2015
    Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:52pm
I'd say it's hard to believe but unfortunately it's not...haters, whiners, second-guessers, know-it-alls AND people that really want to see a great MMC. Relax!!! Put your faith in the people that have produced all of the prior MWC's.Perfect? Not always. Great? Most of the time. An honest and sincere effort all of the time? Yes! It's an absolute bitch to produce a games on this level, I don't envy them...I will support them and I will be there to help. Don't like it...don't go. Have constructive criticism, don't make it a personal attack and I'm sure they will listen to you...it's a work in progress.
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:54pm
P.S. Drop your bombs on me for awhile...give Kevin and company a break, they have work to do.
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/22/15 at 1:04pm
Steve, the issue is that whenever some offers up any kind of criticism or advice it is met with personal attacks
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 6:19am
Jay-

I don't know you and I don't know who Buck Tatum is either. When you two start demanding anything from me that you were not in any way a participant of then I'm suspicious and defend the wall.

When I asked Buck why he wanted all of our financial documents and he's response was "Because I said so" then I became defensive. When I sent him all the documents that I had ready, he said it wasn't enough and he demanded more.

Then it became apparent that he was not being honest with me.

I'm sorry if you don't see it, but with two strangers approaching me with sketchy motives ... my reactions are to take a position and defend my valuables.

I thought it was all very disrespectful.

-K 
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:34am
I think Jay just happened along and stepped in something that was already cooking there with Buck.  Because knowing Jay, if Kevin asked Jay for help with anything he would be stepping up to do it.  I also think that Jay agrees with 99% of what is being done at this game.  We just got sideways over some bullshit missing the main thing.  I don't know why I and others are so comfortable giving advice on a game with hundreds of people given that I have never run a game much less one with this many folks.  And I am sorry I blasted Randal out of the water there, I over reacted.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:52am
Myles-

I can believe there was a misunderstanding and hope we start over. But I'm not showing our financial documents to any more strangers who might use them for spiteful or spurious purposes. Lesson learned.

All the rest is done, let's move on,

-K
wsciscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 1:19pm
I agree. Move on!
It's time to start complaining about the schedule of events.
No, just kidding don't please
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 2:57pm
Quote Don't like it...don't go.

/endthread
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:20pm
First off Kevin let me say this, you do know me... I have wished you a Happy Friday when you posted them, I have supported your lifting videos on FB so i'm not a total stranger. I have nothing personal against you. All I did was question your definition of Transparency. The requests for documents is something that comes with 501c3 and financials. My point was simple, don't say your being transparent and just raise the blind a couple inches.
That's all Moot as you pulled your application for 501c3.
I have never questioned your ability to run a game and was very happy with my experience in 2012 at NC.
My Podcast Fork-talk which reaches the entire HG Community has discussed the MWC and My CO-Host Bret Lathrop's experiences at the your events. We have given it rave reviews. In return I was called a Dishonest bully.... Sticks and stones... It doesn't phase me.... and anyone who knows me knows that I am honest to a fault!
Im supporting the MWC and everything that Myles said was spot on.
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:44pm
Jay-

Well, I guess transparency is in the eye of the beholder. 

I shared the big picture items of our plans and only heard the shouting of accusations.

I didn't interpret your tone or demeanor as a simple question. 

Sticks and stones, lets move on.

-K
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 8:02pm

Internet is full of communication problems.
Im done with it....

and I said before and as Myles pointed out.... if you need my help in anyway all you have to is ask
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/24/15 at 8:21pm
Jay-

I'll  buy you a beer if you can get all these women off my back.

-K
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/25/15 at 8:05pm
Kevin if I can do that... its gonna cost more then 1 beer...lol
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic