Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Remember When...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robhatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remember When...
    Posted: 3/08/15 at 1:18pm
It doesn't seem so long ago when everyone encouraged and supported one another. We used to post about the fun and crazy shit people did. Posts about helping people out. The "trash" talking used to be in fun and jest.

People did voice their opinions but were not so quickly ridiculed in the process. There were constructive debates, not pissing matches and threats.

I am not even going to weigh in on Women's Weights, as far as I'm concerned it's up to the AD, period. Otherwise let the women themselves figure it out on their own.

I wish you all the best and hope that cooler minds prevail.

Exit Soapbox
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Gerry Reynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/15 at 4:25pm
Well said Rob

Detroitpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/15 at 7:02pm
Thanks Rob.

'roid raging, HGH fueled, sodium-loaded swol up old men and those that value this outlook.  I've stopped expecting more from anyone that isn't a brother of mine. 
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/08/15 at 7:17pm
Coming from the man who brought FAKE PLATES to highland games..hmmmmmm
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Detroitpete Detroitpete wrote:

'roid raging, HGH fueled, sodium-loaded swol up old men and those that value this outlook.

Why is everyone so vague all the time?

If you want to call someone out then just man up and call someone out.
BenEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

Coming from the man who brought FAKE PLATES to highland games..hmmmmmm

I've made fake plates (toddler-sized HG equipment) for my 2-year-old daughter and it's a lot of fun.

Are you saying that someone has actually used HG implements that were not standard weight and then had them put on the database? I've only been to two Games (and those were in 2010). But from what I saw, the vast majority of Games athletes are very honest. I saw at least one guy (and I did the same thing) correct a judge's "good" call by proclaiming that they foot-fouled (or whatever it's called).
http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/
BenEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

'roid raging, HGH fueled, sodium-loaded swol up old men and those that value this outlook.

My wife calls Facebook - "Vaguebook." Because half the people (exaggeration) that unfortunately make up the updates that Facebook chooses to tell me their status are putting up vague posts that are begging people to ask them what they mean. Then the same people are even more vague and say they don't want to talk about it. Even though they posted something that was obviously a cry for attention.
http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/13/15 at 8:16am
He is referring to a video that Rob made years ago of himself training and it came to light the weights were in fact fake in the video.   

I would say 99% of everyone has a nice time and enjoys the company of other heavies.  Did a game last weekend and we all had a nice time of making fun of each other.  There was a lot of material to work with as I was throwing.  The internet has bred some of these situations we would not have standing in person talking.  Many of these things we would never say to a person, either as it was not in good taste and you did not want to appear gauche, and you might get a shot in the puss instead of a hashtag frown face like we do on here. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/13/15 at 8:44am

I have.  I think that no matter how much I might hope that conversations here or elsewhere on the internet, could be more like sitting across a table, having a beer or coffee and a chat--an exchange of ideas in a civil manner, there are some that just aren't able to do that.  Any disagreement or difference of opinion is taken like a physical attack and their response is thereby escalated until there becomes an amount of hyperbole that is beyond all sense and logic.  I can't think of a name I haven't been called on this site or a threat I haven't received, but I'm very clear that I have never said anything here or on FB that I haven't or wouldn't say to someone face-to-face.  We've forgotten how to disagree and discuss in a civil manner.
DStewart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:05am
The Dude made fake plates- lol
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 10:11am

Hey Jake, Im the HGH fueled, roid raging, sodium loaded old man....
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

He is referring to a video that Rob made years ago of himself training and it came to light the weights were in fact fake in the video.   

I would say 99% of everyone has a nice time and enjoys the company of other heavies.  Did a game last weekend and we all had a nice time of making fun of each other.  There was a lot of material to work with as I was throwing.  The internet has bred some of these situations we would not have standing in person talking.  Many of these things we would never say to a person, either as it was not in good taste and you did not want to appear gauche, and you might get a shot in the puss instead of a hashtag frown face like we do on here. 

+1 Spot on Myles. Its easy to sit at a computer and puff your chest up...
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
swollenknuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swollenknuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 12:14pm
I always like when people insult others on the web and then fall back on the "I have never said anything that I wouldn't say in person" excuse.  Great so you are saying that you are an asshole in real life as well, good to know. 
Ray Siochowicz

AD Victoria Highland Games Association

www.victoriahighlandgames.com

MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 12:34pm
Athletic competition overall, across sports, has changed over the last 40 years.

Sports across the board are now dominated by serious pro-ams who live in the gym and use very method available to supplement. Even at the high school level for local teams.

No longer get togethers to have some fun, BBQ, and brews.
Even a broken old man can learn to throw a hammer. I ain't dead yet!
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 12:53pm
Whatever else, a shot in the puss from a man like Silverback would be the only one you ever need. We hold some truths to be self-evident...

Further, advanced geezerism may have robbed some of us of our speed and power, but intensity is a frame of mind. Therefore, it follows that Intensity and courtesy are not mutually exclusive.

Here, have a beer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroitpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 3:15pm
Had a post up--deleted it--this just isn't worth it.
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/16/15 at 12:19pm
You know to take this further, how do you leave people in general?  When you leave the room did you lift someone?  Or did you drag them down and crap on them not knowing a thing with what they have been through or the shoes they walk in.  It is real easy to check in here and crap on someone out there in e mail land, but it is really harder to find out what they are and do something about it.  Just in general, I wonder what people think about you when they see you?  I need a hand, I need a lift, I need all the help I can get.  So if your wondering, there it is for you and I am guessing most of us are the same way.  Life is hard enough without your amigos, peers, throwing buddies yanking you down because they are focused on the one thing we do not agree on, not the 99.9% we do.  I have been blessed to cross the path of Durso, I met and learned from him while he lifted me up.  Does that make him soft or weak, hardly.  Intelligent intensity magnified with years of hard honing.  I use him as example as when I see the most interesting man on TV, I think of Durso.  The man is an example of what we all hope to be. He is not less for giving to me, he is more.  Your stronger lifting people, making them better, making them worth more, cause in the end, your not giving anything, your just putting that out there to come back and fill up your coffers.
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/16/15 at 2:12pm
Oh remember when...
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Silverback Silverback wrote:

You know to take this further, how do you leave people in general?  When you leave the room did you lift someone?  Or did you drag them down and crap on them not knowing a thing with what they have been through or the shoes they walk in.  It is real easy to check in here and crap on someone out there in e mail land, but it is really harder to find out what they are and do something about it.  Just in general, I wonder what people think about you when they see you?  I need a hand, I need a lift, I need all the help I can get.  So if your wondering, there it is for you and I am guessing most of us are the same way.  Life is hard enough without your amigos, peers, throwing buddies yanking you down because they are focused on the one thing we do not agree on, not the 99.9% we do.  I have been blessed to cross the path of Durso, I met and learned from him while he lifted me up.  Does that make him soft or weak, hardly.  Intelligent intensity magnified with years of hard honing.  I use him as example as when I see the most interesting man on TV, I think of Durso.  The man is an example of what we all hope to be. He is not less for giving to me, he is more.  Your stronger lifting people, making them better, making them worth more, cause in the end, your not giving anything, your just putting that out there to come back and fill up your coffers.

I think we should post this at the top of the forum main page.
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:18am
Originally posted by bigirish01 bigirish01 wrote:

Hey Jake, Im the HGH fueled, roid raging, sodium loaded old man....

Finally, FINALLY someone came out and said it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic