Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Throwers in Canton Ohio area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throwers in Canton Ohio area
    Posted: 4/18/15 at 1:11pm
Trying to get information on entering games here in Ohio. Also if there are any throwers in the Canton/ Youngstown area looking for another guy. Thank you for your time
Skinny guy trying to get big
Lucas McDonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/19/15 at 10:01am
The best way to find throwers in the Canton/Youngstown area is to go through GLSAA.com.  That said, there are a few of us in the area, myself included.  Currently I am recovering from surgery, but if you post through the mentioned website you will get a lot more hits, plus several guys try and setup weekly practices.  Sometimes they are in Columbus and some are up in the Akron and Youngstown area.  Futhermore, most of the games in the area are run either by GLSAA or MASA (heavyevets.com).  All the GLSAA events are posted on the website a month prior to the event and like most places they are first come first serve, excluding Dublin now, but we usually run enough classes and ave enough openings that everyone makes it in.  Hope this helps.  If you have more questions please ask.
SeanUrq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/19/15 at 5:56pm
Hi Adam! 
Mean Well, Speak Well, Do Well
adambrezina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:00pm
Thank you very much. I have been in touch with Alex, Brian and Richard about all the new changes for games registration and practices in the area. I will get on the websites and throw it out there. Thank you again. And would love to come up to Cleveland and practice with you Sean. Hi!!!!
S McCracken View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 5:48pm
Adam,

I am 10-15 minutes from Canton. Check the GLSAA you find all you need.
North American Highlander Ohio Chair

www.nahighlander.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 8:30pm
Where are you located?
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:36am
Steiger and Valenti are both about an hour from Canton.  I'm 3 hours.  
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:29am
I'm about 5 hours away. Just drive north until the smell goes away.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:43am
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:50am
^^^ It smells there too. About another 90 min north and you should be all good.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/22/15 at 3:28pm
Nathan, what have I told you of your state. You suck and its shaped like a mitten. Miss ya bud.
Craig, those old guys still throwing anymore. I was gonna hit Valenti up but wasn't sure. You are Dayton area right?

Undisputed National Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/22/15 at 5:14pm
Adam

I am in New Franklin, "PLX" Portage Lakes or "LA" Lower Akron If you know the area that all make sense.

Do you have any equipment?

www.nahighlander.com

Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/22/15 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Nathan Parker Nathan Parker wrote:

^^^ It smells there too. About another 90 min north and you should be all good.

the smell freezes that far north.

www.nahighlander.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 10:05am
Yes I know the area vey well. I have all the equipment needed. Just looking for some colleuges..... or however you spell it. What days do you throw, when the hell is it going to get warmer, I am cold?
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 10:20am
Originally posted by adambrezina adambrezina wrote:

Yes I know the area vey well. I have all the equipment needed. Just looking for some colleuges..... or however you spell it. What days do you throw, when the hell is it going to get warmer, I am cold?

phonicks brah..

colleagues

sigh

suppose I'll brace myself for a fat joke now. yawn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 10:26am
hucked on fonics wurkt four me!

ummm...umm... you are fat
SeanUrq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 4:57pm
Hey Adam,

Things are kinda bad schedule wise for me currently. Teach during day and wife works nights. Once school gets out for the summer I'll have way more time to meet up. 

I have everything as well....just no standards. I lift in my garage and throw in a field across from my house. Which by the way, Nate offered YOUR help in moving into my new place. Thanks in advance...lol.
Mean Well, Speak Well, Do Well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/23/15 at 7:02pm
Damn you Nathan Damn you to Hell!!!!
Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/06/15 at 7:51pm

I don't to much any more but I would come out to help if needed.

www.nahighlander.com

DaleGehman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleGehman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 8:29am

I have everything as well....just no standards.

Sean, I guess that would explain why you're a Wolverine living in the heart of Buckeye land, then, wouldn't it?
Partner in JDJ Caber Co. "Proudly serving the Scottish Heavy Athlete with fine cabers for sale. No orders too large or too small."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 9:41am
I am interested if there are any local Highlander competitions as well, my friend Jake used to put them on in AZ and I used to love going to them
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 10:15am

I am interested if there are any local Highlander competitions as well, my friend Jake used to put them on in AZ and I used to love going to them

C'mon adam.  We know you don't have any friends!
www.sportkilt.com
Bill Boyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 11:23am

Highlander games = McCracken

Postaholic
Postaholic
Craig Smith Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S McCracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Bill Boyd Bill Boyd wrote:

Highlander games = McCracken

Thanks Bill
Since the NAHA has folded we have been doing them at Mark Valenti's Blind-Dog GYM in Amhurst OH. I can keep you posted for the next one.

www.nahighlander.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/15 at 4:37pm
McCraken- Thank you and please do...

Rob- My mom is my best friend and that's all I need!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic