FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

World Championships

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Championships
    Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:24am
It's official, Chuck Kasson will be the last U.S. thrower to be added to the roster of the 2015 Scottish Heavy Events World Championships. Champion Matt Vincent will be joined by Dan McKim, Mike Zolkiewicz, Andy Vincent, Chuck Kasson, Scott Rider- England, Sinclair Patience - Scotland, Jeremy Hogg - New Zealand, Matt Doherty - Canada, Burger Lambreht - South Africa, Sebastian Wenta- Poland and the winner of the European Championship (to be determined). The competition will be held Labor Day Weekend Sept. 5+6 as part of the Caledonian Cub of San Francisco's 150th Annual Gathering and Games in Pleasanton, CA.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/15 at 9:29am
congrats Chuck, you earned it!
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/15 at 11:16am
The last time i had the privilege of throwing at Pleasanton (2003), i stood out on the track as the massed pipe bands exited the stadium, and they marched right past me, all 800 or more of them.
the combined sound of the ancient weapons of war went right through my chest, it was nearly enough to stop your heart.

i highly recommend it
Steve Conway View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/15 at 8:30pm
Totally agree! This will be my 33rd year at the CCSF Games (Santa Rosa and Pleasanton) and the massed bands "gets" me every year...this year we'll have 40 pipe bands plus the Marine Band, if you're competing there this year I highly recommend you stay and watch. Nothing like it...
jlmreddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlmreddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/15 at 12:28pm
^^^ If you can stand there as they march by playing and not feel something incredible, you have no soul.
John McClure

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Abraham Lincoln

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/06/15 at 9:37am
I put all the tickets in the mail yesterday, if you're on the roster and you don't get it in a week please let me know...AND it's never too late to volunteer, we need you Thanks, Steve - shajudge@aol.com
oldtimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/15 at 6:00pm
Steve, congratulations on bringing one of the most attractive programs ever to Pleasanton! When will we see who's coming in all of the age groups men and women?
oldtimer
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/18/15 at 6:43pm
It's up on the SHA Facebook site and I think it was on here as well? Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it! We also have Hafthor in the Sunday WOB challenge and some special moments planned with Bill Anderson, David Webster, John Ross, Malcolm Ramsay and Jim McGoldrick. Gordon Varnedoe, Stan Russell, Rod Mackenzie and others will also be there...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic