Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

New guy in Greenville SC area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy in Greenville SC area
    Posted: 1/03/16 at 7:51pm
Hello all!
My name is Mark, and I'll start by telling a bit about why I'm getting into this.
I have always been a big guy, did some discus/shot put in high school, but at
34 years old I had ballooned up to 409lb. Changes had to be made, and I knew that
If I started back at the gym just doing cardio I wouldn't see it through (I've seen me do it haha)
I was scared to lift heavy again after a back injury nearly ten years ago, but I decided
I'd give it my best anyhow because life must go on after such things. I was shocked at the rapid
Strength gains I made in the first month, and I dropped down to 360lbs after about 8 weeks
So I decided to set a long term strength goal for myself. That goal is to compete in Gallabrae
At Furman University this summer.

I have been lifting religiously now for six months, and I need some help/guidance in training
For my first games. Is there a group of guys in Upstate SC that train together and wouldn't
Mind showing a newbie the ropes? As I said I've done some throwing, and I dabbled in powerlifting
When I was in the USAF. I'm serious about this, and I won't waste your time with flaky nonsense. Any help
Would be appreciated. Thanks!
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/04/16 at 10:33am
First off congratulations!

Second - John Allen and Eric Snow are in the upstate (Greer and Spartanburg respectively if I recall).  They peek in here from time to time.  I'm not volunteering them by any means, but they are top notch guys.

I am over in Blairsville, GA, about two hours west of you.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
OldManSkary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldManSkary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/17 at 12:02pm
Are you still in Blairsville? I'm in Toccoa looking for a group to meet up with occasionally.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/17 at 8:30pm
I am in Blairsville, but I'm kind of hard to pin down on time.  
Aim high. Stay hungry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic