FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Dothan, AL inaugural games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dothan, AL inaugural games
    Posted: 3/20/16 at 10:41am
Just back from the brand new games at Dothan, AL. AD Scotty Johnson and his team put on a great show, excellent venue at the old Alabama Peanut Festival grounds, good weather and a nice turnout of the local denizens. About thirty athletes competed in A, B, Masters and even had a lady thrower.

My personal favorite was the huge spread for athletes in the hospitality tent, three kinds of chicken wings, cookies, ice tea and lemonade, yum! Awards were top notch, too; broadswords, axes, daggers and a nasty medieval mace won by that timeless warrior, Myles Wetzel.

Good to see old friends again, Kearney Smith looking buff, judge Dwayne Lietzan, and the irrepressible Billy Gray, throwing better than ever.

I spoke to several games sponsors, local business folks, who promised next year would be even bigger and better. Good luck, see you next year down in Dothan!
KiltBill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiltBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/21/16 at 7:07pm
It was an honor throwing with you again. You are a timeless champion. Look forward to doing it again.
Remember Kay Cummings, Father of the Highland Games in the Southeast and my friend. Lets Go Run With The Big Dogs!
Usadisvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usadisvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/21/16 at 7:19pm
Can you throw something out there about maybe and Adaptive Athlete division? Im a parachair competitor and will bring necessary implements if they will let me throw! trying to find more games to compete in.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 8:37am
Originally posted by KiltBill KiltBill wrote:

It was an honor throwing with you again. You are a timeless champion. Look forward to doing it again.

*Raises hand in grateful agreement.*

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:09am
Some nice shots over on the book of faces(ABC photography I think)of mule and durso
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
scotty johnson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scotty johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/16 at 1:53pm
guys thank you very much for the support...as a former athlete it is my goal to treat the athletes like gold from the last place B thrower to the Top master and A throwers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic