Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Para-chair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usadisvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Para-chair
    Posted: 3/21/16 at 11:34am
Hey everyone, hope this finds you well. I'm trying to find more games around that will allow me to participate as a para-chair other than my home games. I will bring all implements for my class just want to find more places to compete. If you known of any or anyone night can contact to make this happen please let me know! Thanks!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:05am
Maybe put what state your from and that states games plus surrounding state games can start looking to get a para games going. Strictly speaking from an ADS point of view-their not going to start a division for one athlete/get a few fellas (and ladys) then no doubt an AD would be crazy to not include such brave athletes. I commend you for being the first vocal one and wish you luck in your endeavor. If I can ever be of assistance just holler
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Usadisvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usadisvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 4:54pm
I am in north east tennessee, but im where i can can travel just about anywhere that is willing to let me throw.  Continual training until i get a message or call on where and when to be lol. 
Usadisvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usadisvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 5:06pm
also, in case anyone is interested, you can see pictures from the last games and a video of me doing caber from a wheelchair lol on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/alexthetankarmor
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:06pm
I checked out the photos.  That is fantastic!

Also cool is that you have the AT tracked wheelchair.  We saw one of those at the Abilities Expo a few years ago in Atlanta and were impressed.

Anyway, to the point -- I suspect Dan is correct.  If you find any game you want to make, contact the AD.  In my experience, they will find a class for you to compete. 

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Usadisvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usadisvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/23/16 at 7:20am
Thanks tom, I appreciate it.
throw50 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throw50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/16 at 6:58am
May I recommend that you contact Chuck Livingston of the Buffalo Heavies here in Western New York. (www.buffaloheavies.com) As OASIS Adaptive Sports has been out charity of focus for several games, we would be honored for you to throw with us.

We've thrown with a vet who lost both legs in service, and it was such a great day throwing. There were many, many great moments and I am sure that the crowd accidentally learned a little about the human spirit and how an injury doesn't define a life

I also compete in T&F, and during one of my shotput competitions, a vet who was missing an arm threw with us. Not only did he have to learn to throw left handed after the loss of his arm, I learned that thermoregulation can be a significant challenge, as the body is designed to use four appendages to radiate heat. He was really suffering in the summer heat, and never complained. We talked the whole meet about the challenges of getting adapted devices shipped to a venue, care and infrastructure for service animals, and the hardships in finding competitions.

PM me if you'd like more information. I know I'd be honored to fling heavy stuff with you
John
scotty johnson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotty johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/30/16 at 1:56pm
hi this is scotty johnson ..I am the AD in dothan alabama and i would love for you to come throw next year...our game will be march 18 2017.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic