Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival 2016
    Posted: 4/24/16 at 4:08pm
Hi all,

First, thanks to the Scottish Games League (SGL) for including RIScot 2016 as stop #2 on this year's voyage around the North East Region.

I'm looking at running Pro, Masters, Amateur, Lightweight, and Women's classes this year.  Thumbs Up

Pros, invites are heading your way.

RIScot // Sat, 11-June-2016 // 9:00am Start // Rain or Shine
Washington County Fairgrounds, Richmond Townhouse Rd, Richmond, RI
Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/fL1YJ

Please fill out the following registration form and mail it to me with your check.  Please read all of the directions contained within the form.  Any questions, please feel free to message me on here, Facebook, or via e-mail.

Registration: http://goo.gl/q0lnI7 (PDF) (Please note t-shirt size!)

Official Web Site: http://riscot.org (Directions, lodging, other info.)

Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/riscot (Please like us and share!)

First come, first serve on open registrations.  I will cap entries, if necessary.  Please have your entries postmarked by Sat, 04-June-2016 so that I can make sure your ticket is mailed to you.

I'm trying to get t-shirts again this year, but no guarantees.  Please include your t-shirt size on the registration form.

And, of course, I'll be looking for volunteers to help judge, score, and generally take care of the games with me.  Shoutout to Mark Howard for already stepping up to the plate to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/24/16 at 4:09pm
Events:
  • Braemar Stone
  • Open Stone
  • Heavy Weight for Distance (HWFD)
  • Light Weight for Distance (LWFD)
  • Caber
  • Weight for Height (WFH)

I'm working on finding a height standard that would let us contest the Sheaf Toss.

bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/24/16 at 4:10pm
Announcing your pro athletes for RIScot 2016!

Pros (alphabetical order)
  • Dave Barron
  • Beau "Throw" Fay
  • Jeff Kaste
  • Rob Meulenberg
  • Mike Zolkiewicz

As of today (Wed, 08-JUN), I have received the following registration forms:

Master's Men

• Matt Bruneaux
  • Bill Cotter
  • Al Dargie
  • Scott Depanfilis
  • Ken Gustavson
  • Robert Sims

Amateur Men

• Mike Berby*
  • Steven Cobb*
  • Brett Darrow
  • Joshua Darrow
  • Joseph Erdos
  • Steven Laser*
  • David Marble (Lightweight, if possible)
  • Joshua Plumb
  • Scott Sideleau

Women

• Cait Dunn
  • Devonna Blevins-Marble
  • Amanda Michaud
  • Melissa McElreath*
  • Alycia Murray
  • Katherine Richardson
  • Alison Tostevin*

Get those registration forms/checks in to me soonest!

* indicates athlete has expressed interest in attending, but AD has not received registration.

Edited by bigd0g - 6/08/16 at 4:32pm
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/24/16 at 7:52pm
Thanks for all the hard work, Scott! You're the man and the RIScot games are a great time!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/24/16 at 8:27pm
Great games/good site and as always top east coast athletes show up! Must be the record of solid ADS, Erik Suave and Dana,Wayne Hill, Kate and Sam Grammar,and now Scott Sidealou
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/16 at 8:18am
Originally posted by TheJeff696 TheJeff696 wrote:

Thanks for all the hard work, Scott! You're the man and the RIScot games are a great time!

Seconded!
www.sportkilt.com
berby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/16 at 6:18pm
Count me in
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/02/16 at 4:51pm
Athlete registration list (including Pros) updated to reflect current status...
mbruneaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbruneaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/07/16 at 12:48pm
I will be sending in my registration, thanks Scott.
jpfitness1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/12/16 at 8:23pm
Check will be in the mail this weekend
Josh Plumb
I may not be good, but I'm consistent
TheHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/13/16 at 12:06pm
Mailed check and forms monday, still trying to recruit lightweights.
David Marble
TheHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/28/16 at 12:27pm
Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?
David Marble
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/28/16 at 7:30pm
Any updates on entries????looking light so far...any masters women coming?
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Sims66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sims66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/01/16 at 7:43pm
Scott,
Did you get my registration and check? The check hasn't cleared, but didn't know if you were just waiting to deposit.

Thanks,
Sims
Be at War with your vices, at peace with your virtues and begin each year a better person - Benjamin Franklin
avis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/03/16 at 10:51pm
hey all,

Sherry and I would like to invite all back to the house for the classic feeding frenzy. I will have directions to the house and leave them with Scott at the registration table.  Unlike past years, we will be setting a start time at 6pm. 

Looking forward to a good games and hope you can stop by for sustenance before heading home, the house is 6 miles from the fairgrounds.

see you soon, 
Bill
character is destiny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/16 at 5:39am
Any updates on the entries? Also are we doing the sheaf?
As always, thanks for getting this together Scott and everybody else that helps out.
Josh Plumb
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/16 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by TheHammer TheHammer wrote:

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?

The La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence is where the entertainment stays.  Mention the Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival, that you're a competitor, and that a committee member referred you to the hotel -- they might shave a few dollars off of your night.
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/16 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by jpfitness1 jpfitness1 wrote:

Any updates on the entries? Also are we doing the sheaf?
As always, thanks for getting this together Scott and everybody else that helps out.

No sheaf.  My bucket truck backed out.

I'll be updating the lists above tonight to reflect current status.  I'll indicate which checks that I have received.  Checks are usually deposited later this week by our Treasurer.  Worst case, they'll be processed the day of the games.

If I had your registration in-hand by Fri, 03-JUN then your wristband(s) are on the way.
Sims66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sims66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/16 at 8:03pm
I got my wrist band over the weekend. Thank you Scott.
Be at War with your vices, at peace with your virtues and begin each year a better person - Benjamin Franklin
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/06/16 at 8:37pm
Updated athlete registration above.
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 10:17am
I'm coming I really am. I will pay at the gate!! Do you still want me to send reg form to you??
"Stand in your own space and know you are there."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 11:38am
I believe Melissa McElreath is coming for the ladies.
Josh Plumb
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 8:34pm
Right.  Melissa reached out over Facebook.  And Steven Laser reached out over Instagram.

Added both with asterisks.

Attention all athletes:

If you don't have a wristband, you will be charged admission at the gate.

If this means that you didn't receive them in time from me (because your registration was late and the USPS is slow), then you will have to pay at the gate and sort out with me which check is yours, which I will remove from the pile before handing over to the RISF Treasurer.
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/16 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by ATost ATost wrote:

I'm coming I really am. I will pay at the gate!! Do you still want me to send reg form to you??

No, you're fine.  You're on the list, but you will need to pay.

The side-effect of not registering officially with me is that you're last on the list to get a t-shirt.  Also, I may not have enough t-shirts, because I have not yet learned how to tell the future.

Tongue
bigd0g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/10/16 at 8:22pm
Athletes on the field by 0830.  Throwing starts at 0900.  No excuses.

If you don't have a wrist band, you have to pay at the gate.
mbruneaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbruneaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/13/16 at 11:46am
Thank you Scott for putting on a great show.
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/13/16 at 1:25pm
I second that, thank you Scotty and crew! Rhode Island is a great games for a reason, man!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
Sims66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sims66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/13/16 at 7:11pm
Ditto Scott! Thank you! I mean anyone can run a game on a nice day!
TheHammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/14/16 at 7:04am
Thanks for putting on a great game Scott! We will be back next year.
David Marble
mbruneaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbruneaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:34pm
Are the rest of the results posted somewhere? I didn't pay attention to my throws at the time. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic