FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Nutrition/Cramping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwalla16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutrition/Cramping
    Posted: 5/09/16 at 8:31am
Good day, all! 
Nutrition: 
  • How do you all go about loading/fueling before and during a competition? I have tried eating donuts all day, which worked pretty well, but I couldn't crap for two days afterwards. 
  • This past weekend, I found a pretty good balance of bananas, sandwiches, and a few donuts. It worked pretty well, but I feel that just loading up on carbs and energy drinks (coffee, a C4 drink, two Five Hour Energys) might not be the best thing.

Cramping: 
  • Two of the past three games I've had calf cramps during WOB, and they even happened during heavy hammer and sheaf my last game. It's not a hydration or electrolyte issue, as I had a gallon of water the day before, and a gallon of Gatorade, half a gallon of water, and a quart of Pedialyte during the game. 
  • It could simply be a tension issue, so I'll definitely try some stretching and deep tissue work before my next game. I also thought it could be a vitamin B deficiency. 
  • Any tips on either other possible causes or potentially helpful exercises would be very helpful. 
Trainerterry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trainerterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/16 at 11:06am
salt loss cannot be brought back thru Gatorade..... what is needed is sodium.....
drinking too much water and Gatorade can make it worse if you are sodium depleted
I add sodium to our powerade at practices in camp and advise athletes to not ignore salt... unless they have a medical problem
"A man has to know his limitations" - Detective Harold Callahan
jwalla16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwalla16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/09/16 at 12:03pm
Cool. I'll get saltier next time. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic