Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Knee swelling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knee swelling
    Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:09am
Hi folks.

I just completed my second games (PennsWall)this last weekend. A small games that just started up 3 years ago. Had a great time. Everything except sheaf was a PR :).

After my first games last year I had significant knee swelling that took a while to go down. I attributed it to the hose and lashes being too tight, made some changes for the games last weekend. Arthritis is my knees complicates the issue. Had 3 knee surgeries a long time back. Still had some swelling.

How many of you have this problem?

I was thinking of wearing some compression sleeves for my knees.

How many of you wear them?

Particular brand?

Thanks,

Chris

Even a broken old man can learn to throw a hammer. I ain't dead yet!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:16am
Twisting and turning put a tremendous strain on the knee..neoprene warriors filled the field at this year's MWC in Buffalo. Def helps with compression,pain relief. Many brands out their rehband being the most popular(IMO). Jackals gym and Rogue fitness carry them and they come in varying colors and thicknesses. 5mm and 7mm(personal preference,..wife wears the thicker 7mm. I like the 5mm). Good luck
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:17am
Thanks Dan
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/16 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by MrPeanut MrPeanut wrote:

Had a great time. Everything except sheaf was a PR :).

Just acknowledging this ^^^.

Good job sir.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
asooneyeonig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/16/16 at 10:03pm
check out SBD sleeves. I wear rehband myself but will get SBD the next time i need a new pair. I lift with several national level & 1 Pro strongman that use their gear and am friends with a woman sponsored in powerlifting by SBD. it is great stuff.
MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/17/16 at 7:21pm
Thanks
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:34pm
Hey Mr peanut. SBDS are nice but very restrictive. My wife had 7mm rehbands for 15+ years and they were great. One ripped and she needed a quick replacement before MWC in Buffalo. Went to jackals gym.com and ordered 7mm Eleikos. Got them 2 days before MWC. Almost 1/2 price of rehbands. Worked for MwC
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic