FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Southeast Alabama Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotty johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southeast Alabama Games
    Posted: 1/04/17 at 2:32pm
hello everyone we are heading into our 2nd year here in Dothan,Al . We had a very successful year in 2016 with a great turnout of athletes...in the masters alone we had former masters champs myles wetzel, and mr durso himself...even had kearney smith as one of the judges....

Im just getting a  ahead of the game by asking athletes to go on our website and print a registration and either bring with them ,mail to me or email to me. there is no fee and no cut off but in order to provide enough food and drink i need a head count.

hre is the website and my info 

scotty johnson
217 west roxbury 
dothan ,al 36305

email-abdi5150@yahoo.com
 www.seahg.com
scotty johnson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotty johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/12/17 at 1:54pm
hey everyone there is no entry fee but if you want a shirt please fill out application and get back to me by feb 6 so we can get the order in....shirts will be $15

plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/24/17 at 9:47am
All and sundry - this game is highly recommended for throwers and crew; the venue is level and well maintained, the organizers are thorough and friendly, food for athletes is delicious and lots of it; the crowd is large, loud and supportive. i participated last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, you will too. 
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/24/17 at 9:55pm
I threw this one last year as well and had a complete blast.  I will also add that the hotel convenient to the venue is next to a Dunkin' Donuts and across the street from a Denny's.  Not that we care about such trivialities, but you can never have too much bacon and eggs.

I'm still waiting to hear if I can make it Scotty.  I may have a conflicting gig, but I have not heard if it's finalized.  I will let you know as soon as possible.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/20/17 at 9:48am
Sitting here bruised and battered but always thankful for the chance to throw, i want to express my sincere thanks to Scotty Johnson and the team at Wiregrass (Southeastern) Alabama Games this past weekend. The weather was perfect, high 70s bright sun, and the field was dry and firm; the crowd was large and supportive, the judging was friendly and the equipment was tiptop, including a venerable Merle Lawless 28lber that nearly everyone but me threw for new PRs. Big fellow from Tuscaloosa named Pete (don't know last name) cleared 17 in the 56 wob, a monster toss!! There are plenty pros that can't hit 17 with the 56, well done Pete!! Wiregrass games are first class and highly recommended, thank you Scotty!!

The Masters classes had some real Masters: Terry Smith looking strong and smooth as usual, big ol' Rhett Bobzien showed his power all day long, Doug Ballard impressed everyone with a gutty turn of the big cypress tree caber, and the one and only Silverback Mule in the whole world put up good numbers and had the waitresses at Waffle House in a dizzy about the size of those arms! Throw in crowd pleaser Bill Gray and other still active geezers and there was pandemonium in the masters class all day long.

Any rumors about the post-games feast at Olive Garden are completely false, as I was there and I can confirm that although someone did butcher a rendition of La Donna e Mobile from Rigoletto, the Italian opera police were not called as has been reported.
Ballard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/20/17 at 10:14am
Complete Truth!!  I was a witness to the (non-butchered)  rendition at Olive Garden!!  I have the impressive ending on film....!!  We were seated in back and was told everyone could hear it in the front!
Scotty Johnson....a true gentleman and great AD...one of the best.  Thank you!
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/21/17 at 7:58am
Glad it was an excellent game.  So sorry I had to miss it.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
scotty johnson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotty johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/17 at 7:54pm
gentlemen and ladies it was my pleasure to have you all at my game...we had 40 athletes in 6 classes up from 32 athletes last year. hope you found the awards and food to your liking and the food my 2 grill masters cooked up for us delicious. Im already planning on next year....already looking to expand the field (throwing area) again.any suggestions you can leave here or call me. thank you everyone .
scotty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic