Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - North American Scottish Athletics Championship XII
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

North American Scottish Athletics Championship XII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/30/17 at 10:30am
I was going to come on here and give a huge thumbs up for the changes in the qualification process for the Pro class at Enumclaw.  I went to the 'Claw last year, and although I won't probably ever go again, I thought it was nice that steps were being taken for a fair qualification process should I ever want to go again.  I thought it was nice to know that a games existed where how far you threw at legit games, AND ONLY HOW FAR YOU THREW (at legit games), mattered in terms of getting invited.  

That seemed, to me, where Wally sat.

Now, I see that we can take the 'Claw down as hope for a games where a qualification database means something.  Now it seems that the ADs can choose people on their own whims.  I get this; ADs can do whatever they want, but I feel that a rankings board shouldn't even exist if it is not going to be used solely to issue invitations to said event.

Anyway, this news disappointed me and I felt like something should be said.  

And fix the damn caber scoring while you're at it.  It's the only event where doing poorly hurts you.  It doesn't make sense.

www.sportkilt.com
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/30/17 at 10:41am
Originally posted by rob meulenberg rob meulenberg wrote:

but I feel that a rankings board shouldn't even exist if it is not going to be used solely to issue invitations to said event.

Wish.......granted

"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/30/17 at 12:44pm
Yup, that ranking board was removed at the request of the AD's. 

-The Management
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/30/17 at 7:44pm
doooohh!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
The Queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/01/17 at 1:13am

Yes, Colin and I asked Craig to take the North American Scottish Athletics Championship ranking board down.  There were many issues raised regarding the ranking board, most recently in this thread.  The ranking board, as it was set up by Wally, did not filter out scores from games that did not follow the rules dictated by Wally.  The athletes for Enumclaw 2017 have been selected, and all of those who registered where shown the modified ranking board we used to select them, complete with a detailed explanation.  Therefore, the NASGA ranking board was no longer necessary.

After Portland and Enumclaw, Colin and I will have the time to evaluate which amateur games should be considered and how that would/could be done on a ranking board.  Once we know how we will proceed, we will post here and let you all know.

Colin Mathieson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Mathieson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/04/17 at 2:37pm
I've just updated the posting to show the confirmed athletes for the games.  If you made a cut but don't see confirmed next to your name, please check your email to find the one I sent to you asking for confirmation.  If you already replied back with the affirmative but still don't see confirmed next to your name, please go ahead and re-reply to make sure I get it.
JSiau10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSiau10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/17 at 2:13am
Is the Claw still accepting volunteers?
I'm just an idiot, pretending to be smart.
The Queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/17 at 12:55pm
Yes Josh, email Colin and he will get you set up!  16lb-hammer@sshga.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Mathieson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/17 at 5:50pm
The Queen speaks truth.  We're still accepting Volunteers for the Claw.  Please send me an email as she mentioned and we'll get it worked out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Mathieson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/15/17 at 2:02pm
I just updated the athlete list for the games with the most recent confirmations and such.
Greig O'Connor made the Men's A cut and I've been trying to get hold of him to get his confirmation of yes or no but I've gotten no email or call back.  If any of you can give him a poke for me that would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic