Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Database
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

entering the MWC results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Henderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: entering the MWC results
    Posted: 9/28/05 at 9:41am

Kurt,

I have researched last year's numbers, how they were entered on the game part as well as entered in the result section.  How do I get the years to appear next to 'Master' or 'Master A'?  I noticed Bill did it last year and I have tried to copy exactly how he built the game in but have just entered the 55-59 group on day 2 and it only says Master A.

Any suggestions?

Lori Henderson

Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:55am
I think you can select a Master 55-59 class right at the first page (in other words, don't select Master A, but scroll down further to find the age classes).  I don't know how you'd handle the LW classes (with 10-year age spans).

Lori, thanks for all that you did at MWC.  I can't imagine how that would have gone without your help.

-Wayne
"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
Lori Henderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Henderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 3:25am

Wayne, Thanks!

My hesitation lies in that when you pull up any of the new master's records using the choices of 40-45 or whatever, there are hardly any athletes listed but when you pull up 'all masters' then everyone is there.  Should I not be concerned and just use the new age classes that I think were added recently?  I want to make sure everyone's numbers go to the right tables.

Lori

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 3:45am
I tend to look at All Masters, because it's nominally all-inclusive, but will enter results according to classes where appropriate.  Even this has its problems, as Ed Cosner pointed out a while back, in that athletes will end up with multiple entries in this table (a problem that arises when an athlete throws in different Masters classes in different games).

You can only do what you can do.  I suggest just putting in the results as well as you can given the constraints of the system and not worrying too much about it.

-Wayne
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:57am

This is what happens when you create new Masters classes for specific age groups.  It should have been timed to take affect on Jan 1st but no one wanted to wait so now you have results entered under both types of classes for this year.

Can I get rid of Masters A-D classes from now on then?  That way new results would have to be entered using the classes with the ages.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 6:04am
Heh:  well, the problem is that some games cover 10-year spans in a single class (40-49, 50+), and sometimes call these classes by letter designations.  I don't know what the answer is.

I sure hope you didn't think I was complaining, because I wasn't.  I see what you're up against, and truly appreciate what you do for us all.

-Wayne
Lori Henderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Henderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/29/05 at 6:05am

Amen to making things simple.  I have an idea:

Have the following classes - Masters 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+.  And that is it.  That would solve the following scenarios:  40+ games, 40-49 games, 40-44 classes; a person would then just use 40+ and would cover all three of the above mentioned, same with 45 etc,.  You could have them now and then at the first of the year wipe out everything else before someone starts using them.  Let me know what you think.  I will wait on any kind of entry until then; they can just all wait.

Lori 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic