Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Kansas City Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcknight77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kansas City Games
    Posted: 6/11/18 at 1:06pm
Trying to find some info about games in July, wife and I took off work we just need to know where in Parkville, MO. Excited about getting into a game, thanks for any information.
Will McKnight
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/11/18 at 10:39pm
The KC games in Parkville just took place on Sat, 9 June--so sorry you missed it.  Fun had by all and a wonderful park that we hope to return to next year (THANKS to Dough McDonald)!

Next one in that area is 4 August, Heart of America Highland Games, in KC, Kansas at Wyandotte County Park (near Speedway).  

This upcoming weekend, Beresford, SD (south of Sioux Falls) on Saturday, 16 June.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
mcknight77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcknight77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/13/18 at 3:19pm
Thanks for heads up for August. I periodically check this website and never saw anything about a game on June 9. Is there another website with this information? Is it an invite only meet? Thanks for reply have not been to a games in awhile and the past 2 years we have tried to find info on KC with obviously no luck.
Will McKnight
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/13/18 at 4:19pm
Check the HASA page on Facebook (Heart of America Scottish Athletics)--ask to join page and I'm sure you'll be approved (I don't own page).

For the last two years (and now for the foreseeable future), the Scottish Festival surrounding the HG part was not held: their organizing committee voted to dissolve the festival in Oct 2017 (for 2016, festival not held because the park in Riverside was being renovated).  The AD for the games, Doug McDonald, pressed ahead to hold the athletics portion anyway, which he has done for 2016 and 2017.  Not an invite only meet; just the last two years have seen the KC games dwindle from its position within a well-promoted festival.  Sadly, this has happened to some other games in the Midwest.

Wichita (spring AND fall--replaces McPherson) are on tap.  Topeka on 18 August as well.  These will be on the HASA FB page (and hopefully get listed on NASGA's calendar too).  I hope this helps you out!
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic