Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gaylord Highland Games 2018 After Action Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Gaylord Highland Games 2018 After Action Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaylord Highland Games 2018 After Action Report
    Posted: 6/17/18 at 10:21pm
Gaylord Highland Games 2018 is in the books.  You can check the scores in the Database here on nasga.  Great numbers by A Class Jared Conklin, Kendall Thomas, and Eric Spence (he is like 19-20 years old, 6'8", 350-lbs).  Masters Damon Barth and Dale Gehman with a great fight between John Jans, Doug Eldridge and Jeremy McBain.  Women Class Jessica Bridenthal, Emily Adams, and Taylor Kroll (Freshman at Ashland University coached by Judd Logan).  New addition to the Light Weight class Matt Adams had some impressive numbers as well.

The weather was great.  Buffalo Wild Wings brought boneless wings, potato wedges, and Mrs. Cherry provided and assortment of small bag chips, rice crispy treats (regular and chocolate) along with banannas and grapes to keep us healthy.  Plenty of cold water and maybe some other stuff found in a cooler...

As I look back over the years at the athletes that have taken the field: Mike Dickens, Zach Rielly, Nathan Parker, John Pilling (as well as the other Pilling siblings), Sean Urqhart, Jessica Bridenthal, Elissa Hapner, Emily Adams, as well as periennials Dale Gehman and Damon Barth.  Those are just some of the phenomenal throwers that have taken the field here.

I also like to look at throwers that have shown so much improvement in their game: Brendean Dinwoody, Ryan Simmons, Jeremy McBain, and Taylor Kroll just to highlight a few.

Special thanks to those that year in and year out show to judge with integrity: Michael Brown, Craig Gallo, Ivor Alcorn, John Tracy, Lucas MacDonald, Randy Winters.

An mighty thank you goes out to my partner in all this, Dale Gehman.  I would be remiss if I left out L1 and L2 for thier love and support; thank you ladies!

Sincerely,

Jason Cherry

"Example is the best precept." ~ Aesop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic