FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Scotland CT results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland CT results
    Posted: 10/07/18 at 9:43pm
Great run games by AD extroidinaire Ken Gustavson along with his awesome daughter Jenna. New England Highland games wouldn't be as effecient(or as fun) without you guys.
Special shoutout to a close family friend who is the former AD of these games Mr Wayne Pogany who is such a class act..great seeing you Wayne!
Was also the unveling of the new Kilted Kinsmen shirts(Sly and Joe great job..all the cool kids will want one)
Men's Open..Ronnie Remeka
LW Men..Chris Sickler
Masters Men..Bill Waddell
Junior Men..Hayden Plumb(who crushed it and threw a monster 17+WOB in his second games)
Open Women..Allison Tostvien
Masters Women..Terri James (Terri set 2 55+ Womens Master WR in heavy wfd#21 44-4 and #14lwfd throw of 62-10)
Great games..nice small field filled with 30 athletes pushing each other

JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Pogany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/18 at 6:54pm
Thanks Dan .... a pleasure as always seeing you and Terri .... but a special treat seeing Ryan after all these years ... he and Mason raised hell at all the games as kids ... we're gettin' old!! It was 26 years ago I got involved at Scotland .... a friend of the then AD asked me if I could figure out a way to raise the sheaf standard because Dana Florence was blowing by the maximum height available ...thus began a love of the Games .... and the next year Dana blew away the world record! Watching this years comp, I'm proud to have been a small part of this wonderful sport, and impressed by the continuing excellence of the athletes and the welcoming attitude toward newbies that Scotland has always extended.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic