Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

2019 NASGA Legends National Championship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 NASGA Legends National Championship
    Posted: 10/10/18 at 1:19pm
2019 NASGA Legends National Championship
Glasgow Highland Games, Glasgow, KY

What classes are available?

M40 <200, M50 <200, W40 <155, M60+, M40,
M45, W40, W45, M50, M55, W50, W55

When is the competition?

Friday - May 31, 2019:
M40-49 <200
M50-59 <200
W40-49 <155
M60+

Saturday - June 1, 2019:
M40-44
M45-49
W40-44
W45-49

Sunday - June 2, 2019:
M50-54
M55-59
W50-54
W55-59

How many get in?

Based on field size, we're looking at probably 8-10 athletes per class.

How do I get in?

Participants will be chosen based on their 2018 NASGA Rankings. 

Which NASGA ranking categories will be used?

Masters 40-49 under 200
Masters 50-59 under 200
Masters 40-44
Masters 45-49
Masters 50-54
Masters 55-59

Masters Women 40-49
Masters Women 50-59

Womens Lightweight and Masters 60+, as there is no current ranking category, will be looked at individually upon application.

How do I make sure my throws will be ranked in the appropriate category?

To be considered for the game, you must make sure your results are entered for the correct ranking.  IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to enter the results.   

My rankings don't fall in the correct category, how do I fix that?

The database is open.  All you need to do is log into the database and add the results to the appropriate category.

Go here:  http://www.nasgaweb.com/dbase/main.asp

I'm getting an error when I try to enter results, what do I do?

If you're actually getting an error, send me an email with a screenshot of the error/code and we'll work on it. 

CraigxxSmith@gmail.com or contact@nasgaweb.com

Other questions can be directed to the Athletic Director, Kerry Overfelt:

Kerry Overfelt on Facebook or Instagram
Cell # (502) 294-6007

Edited by C. Smith - 10/24/18 at 9:42am
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/18 at 1:20pm
Registration fee will be $65.00

Registration will begin in January 2019. 

Edited by C. Smith - 10/11/18 at 8:41am
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/18 at 2:07pm
Great job fellas
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/18 at 6:32pm
Was just asked how to get the athletes age to appear in the database rankings for the masters:  

Log into the database, click on the link to 'update athlete', and add the DOB for the athlete.  

Easy peasy.  
Sarah Moore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/18 at 5:15pm
So, am I reading that correctly that you are not using Women's Masters rankings and I should enter my throws under Masters 45-49 (men)?
If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep.
Yiddish proverb
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/18 at 9:33pm
They said they were using each classes rankings..so men's rankings and women's ranking..
JUST BRING IT /

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 9:38am
Sarah - just make sure your scores are listed under the appropriate masters women category.  

Looks like that will be 40-49 and 50-59. 

Just note your age on your athlete profile. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 8:59pm
Will you be sending out invites or do we just need to get our registrations in early?

Also, will you be contesting women masters 60+?
Yiddish proverb
plockton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 11:20pm
I'm assuming the username required by the database login is the same as required to post?

database login says no
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/18 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Sarah Moore Sarah Moore wrote:

Will you be sending out invites or do we just need to get our registrations in early?

Also, will you be contesting women masters 60+?

We will start looking at the rankings at the end of December, and will have more detailed invite/registration information by then.  (Giving people plenty of time to get their scores updated and in the correct categories)

As it stands right now, doing a W60+ will likely depend on # of athletes we can safely run through a competition on that field, # of judges we have, budget, etc...  So the answer currently is 'maybe', but it's leaning toward no.  
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/18 at 6:09am
Originally posted by plockton plockton wrote:

I'm assuming the username required by the database login is the same as required to post?

database login says no

You know what happens when you assume, Kent.  

Database and forum are completely separate, just make a new log in for the database.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/18 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

As it stands right now, doing a W60+ will likely depend on # of athletes we can safely run through a competition on that field, # of judges we have, budget, etc...  So the answer currently is 'maybe', but it's leaning toward no.  

Would you consider running them with WM 55+ then as MWC did this year?
Yiddish proverb
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/18 at 2:24pm
Yea, we'd definitely consider that. 

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/18 at 10:18pm
This looks like a good time
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/18 at 5:19pm
So if my rankings are in master 40-49, I will need to enter my scores in masters 40-44, or will the 40-49 category suffice?
Dirk W. Myers
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/18 at 5:54am
Originally posted by hoss1 hoss1 wrote:

So if my rankings are in master 40-49, I will need to enter my scores in masters 40-44, or will the 40-49 category suffice?

From the OP:

Which NASGA ranking categories will be used?

Masters 40-49 under 200
Masters 50-59 under 200
Masters 40-44
Masters 45-49
Masters 50-54
Masters 55-59

Masters Women 40-49
Masters Women 50-59

Womens Lightweight and Masters 60+, as there is no current ranking category, will be looked at individually upon application. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/18 at 11:20am

Was just asked how to get the athletes age to appear in the database rankings for the masters:  

Log into the database, click on the link to 'update athlete', and add the DOB for the athlete.  

Easy peasy.  

Note that there is a separate profile for you for each class for which you have results entered. Make sure to update the profile for your specific age class.
Yiddish proverb
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/18 at 4:11pm
This has the makings of an epic event..with the parties involved in setting it up will be a great athlete friendly championship....after winning a MWC this event will be on all top athletes bucketlist
JUST BRING IT /

Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/18 at 7:15am
Will work on getting some scores up in Feb.
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/18 at 12:07pm
how does one get their numbers in if they are a master before the competition and all they have are A class marks? is there a 56lb to 46lb accommodation, asking for a friend? Wink
Dirk W. Myers
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/18 at 9:43pm
Think you need a masters rankings. And masters throw a 42 not a 46..but then again im not KO or the cool one so I don't know
JUST BRING IT /

hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/18 at 2:53pm
42, yeah yeah.  I was just wondering b/c He will be a master in February I think and the first masters comp for us will be the end of April.   Just wondering.....
Dirk W. Myers
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/18 at 4:19pm
will have to enter then in April
JUST BRING IT /

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic