Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

2019 Old Orchard Beach Scottish Festival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Old Orchard Beach Scottish Festival
    Posted: 3/31/19 at 4:41pm

I will be opening registration for the Old Orchard Beach Highland Games tomorrow when I get home from work and the gym. The date of the games is Saturday, June 1, 2019. Registration will not be live until around 8:00 pm. I am still working out the details of throwing a non-scoring hammer contest on the night of Friday, May 31.  More details on this to come. With the amount of interest that I have received about these games in the last few months, I need to be fair and specific with how to register for them. We have limited space and limited time. I believe that I will need to turn people away.  I want to explain how everything is going work ahead of time so we are all on the same page.

• ·         Initially, I will have spots for 10 AM men, 10 Masters Men, 10 Open Women, 6 Masters Women, and 5 Light weights. That is a total of 41 athletes. That is 6 more than we had compete last year.
  • ·         Of those spots, 2 in the AM Men, 2 in the Masters Men, 2 in the Open Women, 1 in the Masters Women and 1 in the Light Weight Men will be held specifically for Newbies (a newbie is someone who has NEVER competed before).
  • ·         Outside of me in the Open Women no spots will be saved for anyone. Everyone must register with me on or after April 1st.
  • ·         If you register after your division is filled you will be placed on a waiting list.
  • ·         If one of the divisions does not fill up, I will add spots to the other divisions who have people on the wait list. 
  • ·         On Tuesday 3/2 I will post a list of the people who have registered and if they are in or on the wait list. 
  • ·         To register you will need to send me just an EMAIL not a message on Messenger, not a text and EMAIL.  alisontostevin@gmail.com You will tell me your full name, what division you are registering for and if you have ever competed before. By sending me this email you are also acknowledging that you understand the guidelines that I, as the athletic director, expect of those registering and competing. See Guidelines below.    
  • ·         If you compete at Robert Sims “May the 4th BE WITH YOU” games you are not a Newbie any more. 
  • ·         If we do run hammers on Friday night, it will be ok if you can’t make it.  The distances will be recorded for NASGA but will not go towards overall scores of the game.  I want to give people as many opportunities to throw hammer as possible.

Guidelines: These games do not have a registration free.  At most, there is a charge to get into the games at the gate and or for parking, but that is only if you get there late.  As a free game please consider the guidelines below before registering.

1.      If you can’t commit to competing in every event on Saturday (both stones, both weights, WOB, Caber and Sheaf) then please DON’T REGISTER.  If we do hammers and you can’t make it Friday night that is ok.

2.      If you can’t commit to being at the games from the first throw to the last throw DON’T REGISTER. I don’t care if you have to be at work, or if you have a party to go to. We will be competing from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the earliest. 

3.      If you are unsure if you will be able to get off work that weekend DON’T REGISTER.  You have known the date of the event for months. 

4.      If you do not want to be a positive active member of the highland games community in New England i.e. someone who helps with set up and tear down, someone who can go with the flow of the day, someone who respects the rules of competition and the judges and volunteers working, someone who is open to helping to make sure all athletes are safe and having a great time.  If any of these things seem like they would be difficult for you to do DON’T REGISTER. 

If you have any questions about the above before registration begins tomorrow night feel free to contact me in any way you see fit.  

Thanks,

Alison

"Stand in your own space and know you are there."
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/19 at 10:31am
Forgive the ignorance, but where are these games located?
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/19 at 5:10pm
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/19 at 7:03pm

Registration is now open for the Old Orchard Beach Scottish Festival.  June 1, 2019 in Old Orchard Beach Maine.

Please remember yesterdays post, refresh yourself with it before registering. 

Spots

10 Amateur Men (2 Newbies) UNDER 40yo

10 Amateur Women (2 Newbies) UNDER 40yo

10 Masters Men (2 Newbies) OVER 40yo

6 Masters Women (1 Newbie) OVER 40yo

5 Lightweight Men (1 Newbie) Under 200 Lbs. on morning of games

·         First come first serve. 

·         If your division is full you will be put on the wait list.

·         If a division is not filled to capacity by May 1, I will increase other divisions from the waitlist.

·         I will post a list tomorrow of competitors tomorrow night.  I will also post a list of people on the wait list.

·         I cannot in good conscious save spots for anyone, even if we have had tequila shots and attended high school graduation parties together you have to register just like everyone else. 

How to register.   Send an email to alisontostevin@gmail.com 

Your email needs to give me the following information

1.       First and Last Name

2.       Division signing up for

3.       Age

4.       NEWBIE (never competed before) or Experienced competitor

5.       Best way to contact you, cell phone, email, smoke signals.

"Stand in your own space and know you are there."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic