Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Master's World qualifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master's World qualifications
    Posted: 9/13/19 at 5:50pm
Hello,
I am very new, only done one Master's event last week.

But I have a question about qualifying for worlds.  I've found the distances you have to get for the 3 throws, but do all of those numbers have to be achieved at one event?  Or can you get two of the throws with qualifying numbers at one event, and get the third one at another event?

Thanks
Andy

Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:46am
No, they do not have do be done at one competition (event).  As long as you get them sometime during the season cutoff dates posted for the upcoming MWC competition, you're good.  For MWC in Tuscon this year, athletes had to get the qualifying distances sometime in the 2018 season or before the entry opening date earlier this year.

Exceptions: former MWC champions and any competitor over age 65 are exempt from qualification distances.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:49am
Normally these would be your average or greater throws for each event for each of the contested events.  According to https://scottishmasters.org/qualifying-distances you need to meet or exceed these distances for your age bracket.  As you have only done one Masters game you might have a tougher time qualifying this first year.  Best bet would be to reach out to Kevin Rogers (KevinwRogers98@gmail.com) as he will be able to give you the final answer.  Good luck
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
andya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/19 at 11:53am
Thanks for the replies.  I was mostly curious and wouldn't be able to go this year anyway, so was thinking more for next year.  Although I did get qualifying numbers for two throws in the event I went to, and I'm planning on going to Aztec next month.

Of course theoretically, I should be able to get the numbers I got last time, or better, in later events, right?  

Thanks
Andy

Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/19 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by andya andya wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I was mostly curious and wouldn't be able to go this year anyway, so was thinking more for next year.  Although I did get qualifying numbers for two throws in the event I went to, and I'm planning on going to Aztec next month.

Of course theoretically, I should be able to get the numbers I got last time, or better, in later events, right?  

Thanks
Andy

Next year is supposed to be in Ireland in June, as I have seen.

As your skill increases, you may improve very quickly.  However, throwing conditions can vary a lot: hot/cold, rainy and wet/dry, etc.  These all can affect how well you do at any give competition.
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic