Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » A.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Combining Women & Men Scores

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combining Women & Men Scores
    Posted: 4/18/06 at 2:51am
Does anyone lump both the women & men scores together when tabulating final results & placing?  Wasn't sure if the women's weights were considered a scaled equivalency to the men's weights.  Would this open a can of worms in open competitions concerning  lightweights & masters?
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
David Schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/18/06 at 3:02am
I've seen it done both ways in open competitions. Some lump everyone together even if they were using different weights, and some just have everyone throw together, and then divide the groups up for the final results. However, either way, when the scores are posted here they are divided up since different weights were used.
Lori Henderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Henderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/18/06 at 7:50am

If you mean does anyone have different classes throw together because they may use the same weights as in the case of the 190# classes and Masters, that would work if you have small classes of each and want to have just one judge. 

But their scores should be seperate.  The judge may have to handle 2 clip boards or switch pieces of paper.  In the program I run I tell it which class I want to put with which judge and sometimes I will be at a game where the classes are small and we combine those classes that throw the same weights; my program just skips down about 4 spaces and keeps everyone's name on same sheet; easier for judge but the results are always seperate.

I do believe the women's weights are a scaled version of the men's.

Lori

seckmrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seckmrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/04/06 at 6:26pm

We have a few games here in AZ that we have only 4 competitors in a class, I usually put them with a class that between to 2 never goes over 15 competitors.  Like Lori said scores should be different.  We rotate athletes from first to last in order of events so each athlete starts an event.  and we seperate the names on the score sheet and rotate each  class even if they are throwing in the same group.  For example john doe throws first in the A class, the next event he throws last and the person next on the A score sheet goes first and so on..  then if we have 2 classes with the one judge we rotate the A's and the masters for example.. 

I have never seen a class that would have scores for women and men together if they use different weights..  But I have seen a few ladies that throw in the lightweight class and throw the 42's.. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic