Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » A.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Event Management Templates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Event Management Templates
    Posted: 4/13/07 at 9:03pm

Hi, Gerry from Inverness here.

As the Events Officer for the Highland Council over in Inverness part of my job is to support folk who are organising events.

We have a few event organisation templates which I would be happy to send to anyone who might be interested in seeing them.

Email gerry.reynolds@highland.gov.uk if you would like me to send them over.

With regard to the Tulloch Inverness Highland Games the process that I have to go through each year to licence the event is as follows.

I submit a Public Entertainments Licence Application Form which is then circulated by the Council to a number of interested folk who make up our City's Event Planning Group (which I am a member of).

The Event Planning Group comments on all the big stuff that happens in and around the City that needs a licence and the events range from the Elton John Concert to festivals such as the RockNess event which will see 35,000 gathering on the shores of Loch Ness in June.

The Police, Fire Brigade, Scottish Ambulance Service, Red Cross, Environmental Health, Building and Planning Control, Security Company and Roads and Transport Department.

Most of the list members of as you would expect as Event Organisers but I will highlight the two that may be different over there. 

Environmental Health over here look after the regulations for a number of elements of the Games. Outside Caterers, Welfare issues such as the provision of toilets, drinking water - stuff like that. Building and Planning Control check the work of the Contractors who bring in our Marquees and Stages and the Electricians who work at the Games.

When all those folks have made their comments and submit their suggestions, I will then make the tweaks necessary to enable them to be happy for me to get my Public Entertainment Licence.

Without that Licence.... and the final inspection of the site that I conduct as the Event Safety Officer I am not allowed to open the Gates and stage our Games.

Hey! I have just worked out a way to get home early........

Edited by greynolds177
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic