FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Women Masters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women Masters
    Posted: 3/23/08 at 1:58pm

FYI - when selecting all masters, women masters is also put into that list.  I would wager within the next year you will see age class split for Women's at the MWC and perhaps a few other events. 

Thus, down the road, you may need to visit this area and have women split from the men and have all women's masters when this division is split by age.

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
wallyworld View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/24/08 at 10:34am
Originally posted by McSanta McSanta wrote:

...when selecting all masters, women masters is also put into that list.

Thus, you may need to visit this area and have women split from the men...

What Santa's saying is that when a woman's results are entered under Masters Women, their names show up under "All Masters" instead of "All Women!!"  If a woman who competes as a Master wants to see her results listed along with the rest of the women, she has to put in a separate list of results under the heading of "women."

"TRY NOT. DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO 'TRY'."   Yoda
Kilted Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilted Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:42am
Thanks guys, I was noticing the very same issue, if when we enter the results under master women the results do not show up under all women results, as do the other divisions. When someone has time to change that, that would be just awesome!!!! Thank you website masters!!! cheers Karyn
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 11:28am

The Womens A/B divisions are being seen more often, which implies that the numbers are growing.  As we all age, the ranks of women masters will also grow.  This can be seen right now in the MWC over the last few years. I think the numbers for this event justifies splitting that division into age classes.

So I guess my point was that when NASGA does their next over haul of the database, they should look into whether they need age classes for women masters and whether the Masters Women category would pick up those age classes as the "All Masters" pick up the various master mens (and women) categories.

I did kinda miss the idea that the women masters would maybe be better put in "all women".   I was a little slow on that point but my convuleted typing writing style hid it!  Thanks for catching that point. 

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic