Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

World Records

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Records
    Posted: 3/28/08 at 10:23am

All the world records in are sport are special. But what events record is the most special. so basicly if you could hold one of them what would it be. In my eyes the 56WFD is the biggest record. That 56 is SOB to throw and it says alot to hold that record.

John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"
Mr. Natural View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '02-'08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:42am
25 lb sheaf.
kaljr82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaljr82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:58am

HEavy Hammer.

My most favorite event to throw!

Slainte!
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 12:14pm
Lofty dream for me, but there are a few horses in the ranks today that I believe could challenge it or break it before they're done.  I personally love the thought of Ben Plucknett and the standing WOB record.  I know, I know, it's not a world record, rather, an American record, but still, considering how high that is and the athlete he was, that, to me, is one of the most special records out there.  
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 12:18pm

Originally posted by Mr. Natural Mr. Natural wrote:

25 lb sheaf.

Bwhahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahaha!

Come get it, hater!

M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 12:23pm
Masters 45- 49 42lb wob spinning .............hehehe.
M-BAAB View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M-BAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 12:42pm
Masters 45-49 42 throw .........well , south of Mass.........damn you Stewart , damn you to hell.
Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 12:54pm
Well, get up here and beat it, man!

WOB, standing (the only event I ever had a shot at and, well, didn't make it).

"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
Roy Bogue View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Bogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 1:11pm

I think it's either the open stone, or 56 STANDING for height.  The 56 for height has been contested by so many epic strongmen, etc.  It's just pure stinkeye horsepower.  People in just about all strength sports know about and I bet most have tested themselves in it.

Yeah, it's the 56 WOB (standing of course) 

I really mean this when I say it:

I mean NO disrespect to you STUDS that can spin that thing up high.  That is not an easy task.  I have tried it.....  It's just that for Soooooo many years it was done standing only and so many amazingly powerful people did it that way and that way only.

Donate lately?
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 1:23pm
Cosign on the standing WOB.
Jason Pauli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Pauli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 2:02pm

Hater!

I've always liked the 28 record.

I always found that event the most challenging.

To combine all the speed and all the technique for a good throw...

Team Pauli - You never walk alone
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 2:50pm
I'm with Roy and Dan McKim (who I'm looking forward to throwing with one
day) on this one. Standing WOB, THE classic event. Ferency, Plucknet, Pickles
Pulcinella, Zylstra, this one's got a lot of legend attached to it. The 56 for
distance has gone up more than any other event except maybe the sheaf, it's
night and day from the way we used to throw it. What about the open stone
record, which has gone untouched for 23 years?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 2:52pm
Oh, and that 25 lb. sheaf? It's on...
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 3:34pm

WOB-the only real way

of course in a multiple class way

Zylstras 18+ ..Zolks 18 footer

17/20's master record of 20-6

28 wob record(WOMENS) standing-Valerie McAdmans 17+

JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
xxxxl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/28/08 at 3:36pm
Just to be mentioned in the same breath as Pickles was the highlight of my night. That was until I realized High School Musical II was on!!
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 4:08am
I know it is self serving, but standing 56 WOB.  All haunch all the time. 
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
The Jayster View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:03am
hey mr. natural, dont forget one of the greatest standing WOB throwers of all time MATT SANDFORD! [and phil martin wasn't bad either]
please keep robbin, the Conway Family and Frank Henry
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:22am

Sanford -18' knock off bar @ 99' World Championship. I'd say that's the greastest of all time.   

I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
Coach Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:33am

For you strongman types the Standing wt-4-ht is a no brainer (pun intended) ....marry the right girl (long arms) ....get your snatch up too 325-lbs.  ----dead lift close too 800-lbs ....you'll throw 18-feet....I find it EXTREMELY  borrrrrrring and as a technical coach the easiest to teach.

CABER...ANY spinning event...hammers...sheaf (spinning) then standing...kilted pillow fight...kilted mile...standing wt-4- ht....cement head walk....

Have a GREAT Day !
Rob " Coach Mac " Mac Kay
Wayne Hill View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 7:57am
I think a lot of us would say caber as well, but not when we're talking about world records (at least not until I perfect the Hill Scale).

"We may be small, but we're slow." - MIT Rugby
Sean Betz View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

World Champ - ’08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Betz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 9:36am
I think the hammer records are very impressive, 156 light Bruce A. and 129 heavy Matt S.   No one has been close to these.  That means that Matt Sandford had the speed and velocity on 22lb ball about like most of us have on a 16 lb ball.   Larry and Eric are great hammer throwers and still are 12-15 feet away from 156 in the light.  The hammer takes some serious practice time, flexibility, core strength and of course technique.  They take my vote. 
K-Monster View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K-Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 9:48am

Originally posted by C. Smith C. Smith wrote:

Cosign on the standing WOB.

You guys should have your own Standing WOB Pride Day.

WRs are impressive, but not the challenge of the highland games. The true challenge is to be able to put together the top performance in a meet with a lot of other great hg athletes. The physical and mental endurance, skill, strength, and general athleticism required to win a top meet these days is nothing short of amazing.

"I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003
steve748 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/08 at 10:09am

Originally posted by Sean Betz Sean Betz wrote:

I think the hammer records are very impressive, 156 light Bruce A. and 129 heavy Matt S.   No one has been close to these.  That means that Matt Sandford had the speed and velocity on 22lb ball about like most of us have on a 16 lb ball.   Larry and Eric are great hammer throwers and still are 12-15 feet away from 156 in the light.  The hammer takes some serious practice time, flexibility, core strength and of course technique.  They take my vote. 

+1

Anderson Steve
JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/31/08 at 5:34am

Spinning 16lb Sheaf that gets posted as a 20lb sheaf of the database with a fork that's been seriously altered.  Just kidding, fellas.

Turning a big, fat, nasty caber is a true joy.  If I could win one event at a HG, it would be the caber (besides the overall, which is always the point). 

If I could have one world record, for me it would be the Oldfields stone put, because I suck at the stone and to have the feeling, just once in my life, to throw the stone and feel like I'd uncorked one (instead of my usual feeling of "well, that sucked"), would be the joy of joys.  I still have delusions that I'll get better at the stone, but I'll probably never have that feeling.  If I throw 40ft someday, I would consider that close enough. 

Thom Van Vleck
kover View Drop Down

Top 10 in the USA - '03-'11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 1:20am
Craig is lucky i will not be a hundee percent at alma or the 25lb record would be mine. 
Valenti View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Top 10 in the USA - '10, '12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valenti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 1:34am
That record is mine this year....I'm bringing it home to the North Coast of Ohio !  So it is written so shall it be done!
"All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego...brains don't mean sh!t"

Capt. Tony Taracino
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Wayne Hill Wayne Hill wrote:

Wayne - It's not too late.  Adopt Craig's training approach and rejoin us on the circuit.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 2:23am

Originally posted by AlDargie AlDargie wrote:

Wayne - It's not too late.  Adopt Craig's training approach and rejoin us on the circuit.

I second that. 

Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 2:23am

Originally posted by KO KO wrote:

Craig is lucky i will not be a hundee percent at alma or the 25lb record would be mine. 

Originally posted by Valenti Valenti wrote:

That record is mine this year....I'm bringing it home to the North Coast of Ohio !  So it is written so shall it be done!

Blah, blah, blah..... You clowns never even come close.  I'm breaking it again this year, for the 3rd time in four years.  Get some.

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/08 at 2:24am
Originally posted by thegnome thegnome wrote:

Originally posted by AlDargie AlDargie wrote:

I second that. 

I'll obv add a +3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic