scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

caber score entry error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: caber score entry error
    Posted: 4/29/09 at 3:28pm

I am trying to fix two screw ups of mine --

I accidentally put data in games: Admin Test, Nowhere, CA 

-------------------

The original name for Chuck and Vicki's Backyard Games & Picnic kept on generating an error when trying to upload "off-line" data. The error was on the lines of: name cannot be found in database.  I decided to enter one record on line to see if that would override the "error". 

Adding a record did not fix the error, so I assumed that there was something wrong with the name: either the length or the fat it contained "&" in the name.  

I changed the name shortening it up and removing the "&" : CnV Backyard Game.  After doing this, I was able to upload my off-line data.

So now I would like to clear out Chuck & Vicki's Backyard Games & Picnic so I can delete the game out of the database.

long answer to short question. Sorry

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/29/09 at 7:00am
Just saw this.  Haven't made changes that page in while so I'll have to check it out.  Which results are you working on?
-Admin
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/09 at 6:11am

When Add/Update Results on-line , I recieve the following error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'CInt'

/dbase/resultsentry4.asp, line 2274

whether I make an adjustment or not to any data point.

just opening the games and pressing submit will generate this error.

I would like to be able to correct the caber score in my game, and cannot... probably tied into why I cannot zero out/clear out/remove data that I previously entered.

Is this an error on my part? or the database?

thank you for your time and effort of this great service and sorry to bother you.

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic