FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Duncan McCallum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 189>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/14 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

"Burning Heart" on the radio at the Verizon Store.

God help the first Russian who walks in here.

I LOL'd enough that the boss lady told me to knock it off.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/14 at 7:40am
Tell the boss lady the unsilent majority says shut her trap
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/14 at 5:25am
Originally posted by brandell brandell wrote:

Tell the boss lady the unsilent majority says shut her trap

Why Brian.  Let us not forget our manners, sir.

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:57am
Better athlete today.

Shot my gun into the night...
The man in the arena.
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:13am
You're going to Dizz knee Land?
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:33am
^ My man
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:18am
10 x Failure db incline w/100s
SS w/leg raises x 15
Rotational abs (cable)

35 mins on dreadmill...last four minutes @ 8.0..."Hearts on Fire" what are you gonna do?
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/14 at 9:23am
First day of back squats since that other thing.

5*5 w/315. Absolutely no trouble.

Dies Irae.

You're welcome.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/14 at 3:03pm
Squats today...6x5w/365. No problem at all.

Went for a 30 minute jaunt on the dreadmill. Twenty seven minutes in, the TV in front of my station starts in on the "Christmas puppies for special needs kiddos" program.

Three minutes...I can make it.

Almost did. The emotion and tiny tears on the face of a little girl with DS who received her first puppy...a St. Bernard. Her parents were weeping. The audience was weeping.

For Christmas she wanted "friends."

Jesus Christ that hurts my soul. And yes, I stumbled out of the base gym sobbing.

Since y'all are basically family, I want to introduce the newest, smallest, and sleepiest, member of the McCallum family...my niece Elle Victoria McCallum. Ten tiny fingers, ten tiny toes...I could not be more proud of my brother, Ryan, or his wife, Michelle.

The man in the arena.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/14 at 4:08pm
Sniff.  I'm not getting tougher as I get older, that's for sure.  

Congratulations, chico.  
...Josh
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/14 at 7:32am
Hooray for healthy babies!

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/14 at 6:28pm
Congrats...you would make a great midwife...
Happy Holidays!!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:17am
Roslik...thanks man.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm not getting any tougher either.  I know my limitations and that kind of thing just happens to be one.  Being the strongest fella at Curves though, I can cry and no one says sh*t.

Tom...as always, thank you for your example.  And for Amanda, The Destroyer, and Medium Duncan.  How is the vertical training coming along?

TRob...thanks.  I think?  I'll be up there soon...are we going to get together and train, or at the very least sit around and talk trash about Rob "Picard is the ONLY Captain of the Enterprise" Murdaburg?
The man in the arena.
rob meulenberg View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob meulenberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:18am
Woah, now!!!  I love me some Tiberius.  In fact, my vote on Kirk v. Picard could change daily depending on my mood.  That also goes for TOS v. TNG.  TOS ~ TNG > DS9 > VOY > ENT
www.sportkilt.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:41am
Squats again. Seven sets, same weight as before. For Christmas I gave myself 20 reps with 315 at the end.

So dumb. I finished. Barely.

DB incline 5*10w/105s.

20 minute run.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:25pm
Good on ya for the 20 rep squats.

Now when I say, "Merry Christmas!"

You say, "Sho' Nuff!"
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:57pm
Dude I am suffering.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/14 at 3:15pm
Just dawned on me...my log is five years old. Seems like such a long time since that first Iron Thistle.

Squats today...been kinda under the weather so I thought I'd sweat it out.

Worked up to a heavy paused triple. Not paused on purpose lol.

Hanging abs x100 on three sets.

20 minute jog.

The man in the arena.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/14 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Just dawned on me...my log is five years old. Seems like such a long time since that first Iron Thistle.

U R OLD
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/14 at 2:10pm
10615391_587572028009276_2772958381776747606_n
I miss TRob.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/14 at 11:59pm
Was supposed to lift today but I got stuck on a double.  So no lifts...I has sads.

Two mile run.  Sleep.

FWIW, The Adventure Zone "Here There Be Gerblins."  For my fellow dice monkeys...check out the podcast.  Funny stuff.  Duncan "BagORats" McCallum, signing off.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/14 at 4:48am
Stop me if you've heard this one:

"Do this 3-4 times a week and you won’t fall into the trap of being normal. You’ll be strong, healthy and in shape. You won’t make New Year’s resolutions because you’ll be living it every day. You can eat that final piece of pie and not count carbs because you just ran 20 hill sprints for the third time this week. You can wake up and not feel like shit because you’ve actually taken the time to foam roll and stretch. You actually have some traps from deadlifting. You don’t fall for fitness trends, because you know what works. You stop caring what people say on the internet, because you’re always making progress. You’re always moving forward toward something. 

People ask you how to train, and you answer, “I look at what you do, and then I do the exact opposite.” 

You’ll actually be able to move because your feet will be fast from jumping rope. You won’t be out of breath all the time. You’ll be able to take on any physical activity you want. You’ll be different once you’ve spent time straining to get a rep PR in the squat or pushed a Prowler for 40 minutes. Dealing with the idiots at work or your boss will no longer be an issue. It’s hard to bring a man down after he’s had three weeks of personal records in the gym. It’s hard to get mad at the guy who cuts you off in traffic after you’ve left your lunch on top of the hill after bear crawling up it. Who cares about all that meaningless stuff? When your training and your life are moving forward, you certainly won’t. 

It doesn’t take a lot to do this. You already give 8-10 hours a day to your boss and to your work. To boredom and to people and organizations that couldn’t care less about you. Then your family and friends get the rest of your time. 

What about you? Do you really think so little of yourself that you can’t sacrifice an hour or two, 3-4 days a week, for yourself? This “me” time isn’t spent shopping, watching TV or getting on the internet. You’re spending it reinvesting in your body, building strength, and building character. Kicking ass and training consistently – and with some balance – will do wonders for both your body and your mind. 

Get rid of all the meaningless crap in your life and your training. Get rid of the things that bleed your energy in the weight room and in life. What’s better for you? The Prowler or a stroll on the treadmill? What do you think is going to make you better? 

Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your s*** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? F*** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. 

This is a call to arms for some of you. It is for me, too. Stop all the things that make you a p**** and steal your energy. Get your life back."
-Jim Wendler
Just something I came across; thought I might pass it along.
The man in the arena.
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/14 at 9:41am
I was gonna say someone has read 5-3-1 Smile
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/15 at 5:09am
I was going to repost "The Iron," but I've quoted that often enough for one year.

Maybe someone will read the above passage from Wendler and make a positive choice for their 2015.
The man in the arena.
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/15 at 6:45am
Excellent post.  Happy New Year Duncan.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/15 at 6:49am
Thank you Al.  I am looking forward to 2015.  I've planned my work and am working my plan.

I'll see you on the field.
The man in the arena.
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/01/15 at 6:59pm
Well, I'm now officially inspired!! thanks Dunc!!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/02/15 at 10:32am
Didn't tell you anything you didn't already know Shawn.

Squats today. Triples up to 455. Three there, then two at 475. Finished the heavy stuff with two 500 singles; the first was parallel and the second was fully legit. No one else in the gym so there was some noise.

Stripped it to 405 for 5, dropped it to 315 for 10, and then 225 for 20. No rest.

DB Incline 8x10 w/100's.
100 pushups in 3 sets.
Mile jog.

Done son!
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/03/15 at 8:39pm
Miss you too......
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/03/15 at 8:54pm

Edited by grasshopper - 1/04/15 at 7:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 189>
  Share Topic